Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 05:52 AM   #1021
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Let's get get something straight, the only "agenda" the mods have is to keep this place civil, the threads on topic and fun for everyone. Nobody is saying you can't post your opinions and share your experiences, both good and bad.

That said, you've made your point and your stance on Sideshow clear, multiple times now. If you want to make legitimate comparisons between companies producing like product, fine, but do it without inserting one more dig at the company you find fault with. All that does is fuel unnecessary rants and derail threads.

And a word to the wise, if a mod calls you out on something it's best not to challenge it, insult us and/or make baseless accusations. Posting here is a privilege, not a right. Best to remember that.
Ha...I'll believe that when you finally admit that Spidey's Villains cream Batman's! Like really bad!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #1022
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Has SS come out and say that DC requires them to put these really high ES on their statues?

I haven't see anything and unless I'm wrong it's just speculation and rumors from collectors trying to figure out why SS does it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
acutely that is the requirement from DC to SS, it's been told by one of my friend who know ppl work with ss, otherwise they will do the same as marvel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
Nonsense. [...] Yeah "I know someone who knows someone" is not at all factual information.
Jerry from PCS said DC request higher edition sizes. How much higher? That we don't know. But they do want high numbers indeed.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:54 AM   #1023
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Sideshow is not a sinking ship. The over reaction on that front in the XM threads is hilariously bad. Sideshow is fine. If anything, this will give them the desire to up their game. They still release great pieces.
Not even close to sunk. One statue in their Marvel line makes more money for Marvel than both XMs released statues. XMs prices are higher yes, but the big costs for us NA collectors are the shipping and the import fees, and Marvel gets none of that. So just one Hulk statue, heck maybe even the JSC Spidey Com, will make as much money for Marvel as XMs first four or five releases. More QC issues to be sure, but way more green. However, that isn't bad.... XM has made the choice to be good, not huge. I am just making the point that SSC isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
Do we know that XM wanted the DC license at this time? There is only 4 guys at XM and they still have the Marvel license for another year... I don't think XM should get the DC license until they can give it 100% of their attention like there doing with Marvel atm..

I think if they did get a DC license while they had the Marvel license we would only see the A+++ characters and we wouldn't be getting statues like Cable, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, etc...

They should only done 1 big license at a time...
Not now... But from the hints they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Every time I see a DC product, it usually have high ES. I suspect that's the reason we won't see a XM DC line. DC want high ES; XM want low ES.
Not really
Old 11-11-2014, 07:12 AM   #1024
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Do we know that XM wanted the DC license at this time? There is only 4 guys at XM and they still have the Marvel license for another year... I don't think XM should get the DC license until they can give it 100% of their attention like there doing with Marvel atm..

I think if they did get a DC license while they had the Marvel license we would only see the A+++ characters and we wouldn't be getting statues like Cable, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, etc...

They should only done 1 big license at a time...
Where is it stated that XM only has a Marvel license for another year? Not saying its not true, but I dont recall seeing it. Would like to discuss that more.

Quote:
Has SS come out and say that DC requires them to put these really high ES on their statues?

I haven't see anything and unless I'm wrong it's just speculation and rumors from collectors trying to figure out why SS does it...
I think Igo said it, as well as Jerry. Maybe wrong on the Igo part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
Nonsense. Then why are there so many other DC licensees that release statues with a much lower ES? Name one other statue company that did any DC statue with an ES of 9500 for a full size piece (not bust). It's never happened. This is why I get up in arms with the nonsensical defenders of Sideshow that make stuff up as they go along to try to get people to believe that it has nothing to do with greed or profit that Sideshow has kept cutting corners and over-inflating ES. I'm sure mods will be mad at me again for speaking the truth but oh well. Yeah "I know someone who knows someone" is not at all factual information. Anyway, we really should focus at XM guys since it is their thread. Let's be more positive as XM is really doing great work. Forget that other company in this thread. I hope XM post as to what will be their next big releases in 2015. Anyway, I have vented. Night all. XM keep up the great great work.
You're pretty much done here it seems. Your mind is made up regardless of what infor comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Like?
Not going to really get into this, as its pointless. There are multiple pieces that turned out great and the buyers are very much happy. I'm not gonna debate this with you, mainly because I know your mind is made up. Thats fine. I noticed that the other day in a thread where I mentioned I wanted to pick up an Ivy and Harley and you kind of snubbed it. If you dont like them, again, thats fine. We are all entitled to our opinions. I think they look great though. So we just have a differing of opinion. Thats the beauty of this hobby.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #1025
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Any timeframe for the start of Venom?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #1026
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Any timeframe for the start of Venom?
Did I miss something? I thought they didnt have the permission to do Spidey stuff at all yet. Let alone I don't think the first dude would be Venom.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #1027
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Sosa hinted Spiderman so many times. I am guessing that Spiderman is in the work.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #1028
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Sosa hinted Spiderman so many times. I am guessing that Spiderman is in the work.
If he hinted, it is pointless to ask for a timeframe as that would be confirming something he probably cannot comment on legally in any definite capacity.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #1029
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

What i see Mistermark and some others fail to grasp is many of us could give a sh!t about edition size. I like a statue, i buy it. These, in mine and many others, are not investments. They are higher priced knick knacks to display. If they sell for more later, fine, but that is not why I buy them. And as for the high ES of DC statues just look at many of what DC put out. Many of their small scale pieces are in the 5,000 range. I have a feeling that is part of DC's game. You want our license you produce.

XM pieces are fine for some, too expensive for others. Side show statues are fine for many but we dont need various people saying they are "settling". It is like the arguments of DC vs Marvel. It is childish, rude to fans of comics, and just plan boorish.

Now can we get back enjoying the hobby?
Old 11-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #1030
MagnumOpus
A day without sunshine is like... night.

In time we will see who is right about SS's situation in the market! Who's trying to block XM's success then? If you say it's a normal response then you don't know anything about business ethic! I don't care if you love SS or not and continue to shop from them but we all have to be objective! There are tons of people out there who thinks like me! It is hard to believe that how you can spend your money easily when you are having the same QC problems repeatedly And still continue to defense them! Think for a second that the product is not a statue but a cheese? You want to eat defective cheese, go on, not my problem And each time you wanna get sick for eating that defective cheese, please go on! And every time you wanna pray to GOD not to get sick again after giving a pre-order for your cheese, ohh please go on! If you don't defense Sideshow so stupidly, nobody will try to bash them! First look at your actions, then judge the people! Besides we wouldn't have to be agree cause it is not the healthy way of discussing/thinking or brainstorming! I am saying Sideshow is not at the top of their game anymore! I have so many reasons and I can prove my case with so many examples. It's so clear that they can't produce HIGH-END collectibles like Gentle Giant and XM Studios! Did you see the latest Black Widow of Gentle? Pure awesomeness of high-end! This is why XM is the new shinning star Their paint application is top-notch! Their final product matches nearly perfect with the prototype! Their communication is spectacular with customers! So what a collector wants more? And let me say that if XM corrupts in time, I will critique them without any mercy!
Closed Thread