Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-04-2019, 07:50 PM   #31
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I think this is my conclusion as well. I’m stuck with a few orders through TH, but I’ll just place the rest of mine through a company with functional customer service that doesn’t blame the customers for the company’s screwups.
So explain how Chad/Tweeterhead blamed the customer for mistakes.... How exactly do you come to this conclusion from watching the video or reading any of the direct communication from Tweeterhead?

Yes there are a couple things I believe he could have more directly spoke to, but I fail to see any blame shifting or not accepting responsibility.
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #32
built2shred
Phoenix

All you can do is make the statues you want, either they sell or they don't. Listening to "fans" will just drive you nutz

If Chad is considering closing up shop then that does concern me since I have so many pre-orders with him. Maybe I should get out of this line if he doesn't have the fortitude to ignore the trolls out there.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:02 PM   #33
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
All you can do is make the statues you want, either they sell or they don't. Listening to "fans" will just drive you nutz

If Chad is considering closing up shop then that does concern me since I have so many pre-orders with him. Maybe I should get out of this line if he doesn't have the fortitude to ignore the trolls out there.
I had faith than Chad will eventually finish the major titans line. But, I am getting concerned now. If he said he considered closing TH. I guess I shouldn't get too invested in the lone.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #34
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:

Let's not let things get away from us.

He said he considered it after so many hateful calls and messages.

He also said the line is going strong and he will be around next year and is stepping away from social media.

I know many of us think it would be no big deal, but for lot of people suddenly getting so much feedback, especially negative, can be jarring to the mind.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #35
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Let's not let things get away from us.

He said he considered it after so many hateful calls and messages.

He also said the line is going strong and he will be around next year and is stepping away from social media.

I know many of us think it would be no big deal, but for lot of people suddenly getting so much feedback, especially negative, can be jarring to the mind.
That to me only shows that he really cares about us being happy with TH statues. I really respect that he takes pride in his work. That isn’t something you see too often nowadays.

I agree 100% with you Augen.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #36
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Not a single mention of the extra run of Batman exs. That's disappointing. Probably the one thing he really had to address, in my mind anyway. ...yada yada.

I really get tired of the negativity...especially when I post it, but this irks the ish out of me. I'm so conflicted lol... I think I might just need to step back and re-evaluate. Anyway...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #37
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Not a single mention of the extra run of Batman exs. That's disappointing. Probably the one thing he really had to address, in my mind anyway. ...yada yada.

I really get tired of the negativity...especially when I post it, but this irks the ish out of me. I'm so conflicted lol... I think I might just need to step back and re-evaluate. Anyway...
I got on my wife’s FB account because I became really curious as to where the supposed “trolling” was all about. Chad claims it’s from people complaining and lashing out about statues being late and about how the non-EX ones from SS, etc getting out first.

Maybe on the FB page it’s completely different but this is not at all what people got upset about re: Batman here on the forum. It’s re: the extra run of Batman EX’s. And unless Chad is hiding under a rock, am sure he is aware of this and chooses not to address it.

Hmm... I know he claims he’s not trying to have a pity party but then again he chooses which truths to talk about (e.g. him having to last minute pay for 50% of the redone Supes statue costs) and which truths to sweep under the rug (e.g. Batman EX # being 1.5x of what was promised). That type of politician-like behavior is tantamount to spinning things to make yourself come out smelling good.

Don’t say the video is about just being honest with us if you’re not laying all the cards out on the table.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #38
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
So explain how Chad/Tweeterhead blamed the customer for mistakes.... How exactly do you come to this conclusion from watching the video or reading any of the direct communication from Tweeterhead?
Maybe I should clarify? Instead of “blaming customers for the company’s screwups,” maybe I should say “blaming customers for the consequences of the company’s screwups.”

If you’d like a specific example of what I’m talking about: he’s characterizing some of his customers as being nasty, with some of them hectoring him (as with the person who repeatedly called his cell). But when you run a company that habitually ignores your customers when they try to contact you through normal channels, that sort of irate, pissed off customer is exactly what you create.

Quote:
Yes there are a couple things I believe he could have more directly spoke to, but I fail to see any blame shifting or not accepting responsibility.
I found the video somewhat self serving in its characterizations. For example, he talked about how customers were being mean to him over the Batman release. But it was all placed in terms of customers just being impatient with when they’d get their statue (which I agree is the customers’ problem), with not one word about the issue that TH is 100% responsible for (the extra exclusive run).
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:27 PM   #39
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:

Yeah, he comes across as pretty fragile when it comes to criticism. I'd be pretty bummed if he closed up shop. Ignore the trolls (but not the legitimate complaints) and let the sales speak for themselves. Also, I didn't like the fact that he didn't seem to know why people were blasting him about Batman. Come on, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Chad mentioned on his Live FB that the company won't get any bigger than him and Gwen. He doesn't want to get to 5-7 employees or big like XM. It's just how he wants to have his niche company. Like it or not that's how its gonna be.
I know. But TH could be 3 or 4 people to handle CS. Chad even mentioned how does he deal with all the e-mails from so many new customers. Hire more people.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:41 PM   #40
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Quote:
Maybe I should clarify? Instead of “blaming customers for the company’s screwups,” maybe I should say “blaming customers for the consequences of the company’s screwups.”

If you’d like a specific example of what I’m talking about: he’s characterizing some of his customers as being nasty, with some of them hectoring him (as with the person who repeatedly called his cell). But when you run a company that habitually ignores your customers when they try to contact you through normal channels, that sort of irate, pissed off customer is exactly what you create.

I found the video somewhat self serving in its characterizations. For example, he talked about how customers were being mean to him over the Batman release. But it was all placed in terms of customers just being impatient with when they’d get their statue (which I agree is the customers’ problem), with not one word about the issue that TH is 100% responsible for (the extra exclusive run).

Quote:

In terms of consequences I guess that remains to be determined later.... Don’t see any blame being passed along.

I believe there are topics like the run numbers which could be addressed differently. The delay in email responses was addressed, but not specifically called out. These are real things to some people, and if you are one of those people I’m sure it sucks. I also have not read one thing where the final outcome was sorry you consumer are Screwed. I’ll maintain patience if I feel like I will eventually be made whole. That is a rare thing. Would I like it faster, sure.

The underlying message is there is a very personal affect caused from reading, investing into and taking to heart social media. Can this be avoided, sure; Don’t read it. Be more tactical and reserved in the information shared. Give far less information out to the community. Make this more of a one way informational path, which eliminates larger community involvement. Understand the anonymous voice behind a post speaking the loudest and most often doesn’t represent the true voice of the many.

I run a company and have been making software/media entertainment for 25+ years. With that comes a thick skin and the learned ability to ignore certain types of feedback. It really sucks reading people don’t like X or rip into X, especially when you yourself are a fan of that medium and actually give a ----.

It is impossible to please everyone, and extremely challenging to not take it personally. Now magnify that by 1000% as social media has completely opened the ability for people share their perspective. With that, some people are completely douchy.

Not saying there is not room for improvement, which he openly admits to. There is always room for improvement.

Their statues F#*king rock. The Joker and Batman pieces are fantastic. Don’t like it or feel slighted, don’t buy it and miss out on cool art. You hold that power to use at any time.

People I implore you to look at this forum and community differently. Offer ideas for solutions instead of just being critical or -----ing and attacking. Trust me, all this approach will result in is being completely ignored by the person you hope will read this and eventually far less open engagement from the creators.
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote