Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 10-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #21
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
Yes I am as a matter of fact, What has that got to do with anything?

Are you implying that living in the highlands(why the need for quatation marks?! ) means that I am out of touch with reality?

Well you picked up on my sarcasim I see!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #22
xreynoldsxcorex
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I guess I am just assuming that satire should be clever. I see nothing to this and question strongly mr. plastic god's status as an artist. I would much more love to see bush squashing muslim children, locking the borders, and pointing the finger, that would at least explain slightly the "artists" position, but this is a poorly rendered legoesque man in suit. This is on the verge of not even trying, imo. A better title for the series would have been "clichely insert world leaders face here" and every leader or person with moderate power could be an addition to the line.
xreynoldsxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #23
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by xreynoldsxcorex View Post
I guess I am just assuming that satire should be clever. I see nothing to this and question strongly mr. plastic god's status as an artist. I would much more love to see bush squashing muslim children, locking the borders, and pointing the finger, that would at least explain slightly the "artists" position, but this is a poorly rendered legoesque man in suit. This is on the verge of not even trying, imo. A better title for the series would have been "clichely insert world leaders face here" and every leader or person with moderate power could be an addition to the line.
Please remember that it is only a small majority of muslims that are responsible for some stupid acts. All Children are born innocent, so why would you want to see a person "squash" them?

and BTW, he has already done that, when he ordered the invasion of Iraq and killed thousands of innocent Iraqis with the airstrike.

I personally would love to see America no allow any Immigrant in at all and get rid of all the immigrants that they have at the moment, simply for the reason to see how America survives without them. Who would do all the dirty jobs, low wage jobs that the Americans don't want to do?

Whether you like it or not, Both the UK and America need immigrants
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #24
joy_division

Quote:
One Half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
- Jane Austen
Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #25
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Please remember that it is only a small majority of muslims that are responsible for some stupid acts. All Children are born innocent, so why would you want to see a person "squash" them?

and BTW, he has already done that, when he ordered the invasion of Iraq and killed thousands of innocent Iraqis with the airstrike.

I personally would love to see America no allow any Immigrant in at all and get rid of all the immigrants that they have at the moment, simply for the reason to see how America survives without them. Who would do all the dirty jobs, low wage jobs that the Americans don't want to do?

Whether you like it or not, Both the UK and America need immigrants

I agree, look at Operation Windrush.

The only problem from a British point of view is that we're a VERY small island with an EXTREMELY large population. If we take in many more immigrants, we'll end up like China, overcrowded and overpolluted!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #26
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

The only problem from a British point of view is that we're a VERY small island with an EXTREMELY large population. If we take in many more immigrants, we'll end up like China, overcrowded and overpolluted!
But could Bowen get their paint jobs quicker and cheaper???
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #27
joy_division

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

That's just not Britains problem, but the world's problem.

In the past, we had things like the black death, bubonic plague, wars where the casulties were in the hundreds of thousands. Diseases that could not be cured.

Nowadays, most illnesses can be cured. you have heart transplants. Wars, when they happen, for the majority, happen from a long distant off. The point being, the number of people dying is far less than the number of people being born and this planet cannot cope with it.

What I am about to say is 100% thory and I do not believe in it at all, but maybe cancer and AIDS are a necessary evil to cut down our population like the Bubonic plague did way back when. back in ye olde days, when medicine was not around, there was a system for controling our population. That is not around today and our planet is dying.

We kill animals because they overpopulate our lands, why don't we just do the same to ourselves and make a gameshow out of it? It seems like the next step. We have to get our population down somehow

Read Concrete: the Human Dillema for more on this
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #28
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
That's just not Britains problem, but the world's problem.

In the past, we had things like the black death, bubonic plague, wars where the casulties were in the hundreds of thousands. Diseases that could not be cured.

Nowadays, most illnesses can be cured. you have heart transplants. Wars, when they happen, for the majority, happen from a long distant off. The point being, the number of people dying is far less than the number of people being born and this planet cannot cope with it.

What I am about to say is 100% thory and I do not believe in it at all, but maybe cancer and AIDS are a necessary evil to cut down our population like the Bubonic plague did way back when. back in ye olde days, when medicine was not around, there was a system for controling our population. That is not around today and our planet is dying.

We kill animals because they overpopulate our lands, why don't we just do the same to ourselves and make a gameshow out of it? It seems like the next step. We have to get our population down somehow

Read Concrete: the Human Dillema for more on this

We could start in Scotland!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #29
patrickwm68
The Flash

So how are these toys any different than the Nazi & Serial Killer trading cards from a few years ago?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #30
Underdog07
Hercules

why should it be deleted - because it clearly is a thread with political undertones and that is not permitted here. If it were BJ Clinton with a stained dress Monica and Hillary with cash flowing out of her pockets wearing a Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox/(insert your team here) hat I think some would stating different opinions, satire, comedy, a joke, or whatever you want to label it.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote