Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #631
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

LMAO, ha! Just saw the price. What a joke.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #632
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDestructo View Post
WOW! $670 for the regular version of Whisper also. Not sure if the people that snatched the variant got a really good deal or if this line is going to be dead in the water due to the price point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
Whisper is up for pre-order, but you're not going to love the price! I think I'm out of this line before it has really started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Wow!! I'm truly shocked the regular Whisper is set at $600. I figured between $400-$500 given the scale and level of detail.

I guess GG is making a statement right out of the gate that this is going to be a high end line. I'd imagine we'll see a fairly low ES to match.

That being said Whisper is obviously the most intricately detailed of the group so this is likely the peak price point for these girls. I could see the others clocking in at $50 to $100 less but I'm only guessing.
Man, GG was smoking something good for the past year. Price is crazy. I thought the variant was at a premium. But they are the same price! The scale is 1/4 which is a lot bigger than I thought. They don't look 1/4 from last year's SDCC pics. Lucky for me I only want Whisper. But GG is playing Sideshow's TBD edition size game. I think I'm going to wait till after SDCC or an edition size is announced. I don't think GG has NRD so at least that part is better than Sideshow. But few will get the complete line of these girls. And that's if GG even finishes the line with the crazy price point.

PS - And they still don't have a backstory for Whisper...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #633
VS1976

Thumbs down

This is a complete joke on GG. How on earth can this be $670???? This is nothing but a money cash grab company now. I hope this line suffers for the stupidity of setting the price outragely high! This should be no more then $400 max. Even then, an unlicensed statue should not be this high.

I am lost for words for this company! I will not support this company anymore. You basically told some of us to F our selves. This company is almost as bad as Microsoft now!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #634
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
This is a complete joke on GG. How on earth can this be $670???? This is nothing but a money cash grab company now. I hope this line suffers for the stupidity of setting the price outragely high!

I am lost for words for this company!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #635
Y3E
Gen 13

Easy pass
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #636
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

WOW do these guys ever have their heads up their asses! Anyone that buys one of those is just as crazy as the guys that decided these are worth $700. These should have been priced at $350 tops. How do they expect to compete with sideshow?
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #637
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm waiting for the Japanese variant that doubles the ES - we'll probably get a starfish for an extra $50
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #638
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
WOW do these guys ever have their heads up their asses! Anyone that buys one of those is just as crazy as the guys that decided these are worth $700. These should have been priced at $350 tops. How do they expect to compete with sideshow?
They wouldn't. Because they sold out of the SDCC variant Whisper, they think they can repeat the same thing with the regular version. Keep overpricing your stuff and your fan base will disappear. There can only be so much a customer will take before they move on to something else.

In my business, if you lose a customer, it takes 4 times harder to gain another 1. I disagree with their membership BS a couple years ago. I thought I bought an annual membership (in Sept) & it expired in Dec. I could care less about the 'free' bust I got.

I am starting to question their business practice. Sooner or later, it will be a financial disaster for them and you know what will happen next.......

..... They will be no more.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #639
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
They wouldn't. Because they sold out of the SDCC variant Whisper, they think they can repeat the same thing with the regular version. Keep overpricing your stuff and your fan base will disappear. There can only be so much a customer will take before they move on to something else.

In my business, if you lose a customer, it takes 4 times harder to gain another 1. I disagree with their membership BS a couple years ago. I thought I bought an annual membership (in Sept) & it expired in Dec. I could care less about the 'free' bust I got.

I am starting to question their business practice. Sooner or later, it will be a financial disaster for them and you know what will happen next.......

..... They will be no more.
Not trying to Defend GG but the same exact things were said when Sideshow started raising their prices and dropping the quality control, 3 years ago.

That being said. I think 499.00 would've been a reasonable price for the detail this statue has and assuming it has the quality of the Sucker Punch Line which I have no doubt they will be.

On a side note, I have always flipped my guild membership bust for 200+ dollars every time without fail. So getting a membership isn't a problem for me. It paid for itself thru the Sucker Punch line, for me anyway.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #640
Viper2005
Hellboy

That price is insane! What were they thinking over there?
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote