Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #141
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Damn...520 for this piece!!! These pieces cost more than license's piece. Now, how can that make sense to me or anybody.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #142
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Damn...520 for this piece!!! These pieces cost more than license's piece. Now, how can that make sense to me or anybody.
I think it has to do with expected sales. ARH is always (or at least often) a little dodgy as to how many of any given piece there is out there but I know that they don't sell as many as the big player statue companies. Also with a smaller "stable" of statues you also have to make up for the dogs that don't sell with those that do, just like the other big companies do.

Just as an example I absolutely loved the Valkyrie as a companion to Thor but I know it didn't sell well.

I REALLY wish this was around $400 but I understand why that might not work for them business model wise.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #143
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Too pricey for me.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #144
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I think it has to do with expected sales. ARH is always (or at least often) a little dodgy as to how many of any given piece there is out there but I know that they don't sell as many as the big player statue companies. Also with a smaller "stable" of statues you also have to make up for the dogs that don't sell with those that do, just like the other big companies do.

Just as an example I absolutely loved the Valkyrie as a companion to Thor but I know it didn't sell well.

I REALLY wish this was around $400 but I understand why that might not work for them business model wise.

yeah but at this price he would have sold a lot more than at 520$ .I know its a small company but sometimes i think ARH is just greedy.Popculture has licenced stuff but their prices are not crazy.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #145
Tavegg
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
[/B]

yeah but at this price he would have sold a lot more than at 520$ .I know its a small company but sometimes i think ARH is just greedy.Popculture has licenced stuff but their prices are not crazy.
Greedy is a little harsh and presumptuous. I'm sure it costs ARH more to manufacture these then SS or PCS. They haven't been at it as long and in turn don't have the capital or popularity to compete at that level yet.

An average custom is $600 minimum and most of them are not even close to the quality that ARH has been bringing with their stuff. Its understandable to dodge this statue as a result of the price but you shouldn't assume its because they are gouging our pockets. Not a very fair assessment unless you manufacture and make these in the hundreds and can speak from personal experience.
Tavegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #146
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavegg View Post
Greedy is a little harsh and presumptuous. I'm sure it costs ARH more to manufacture these then SS or PCS. They haven't been at it as long and in turn don't have the capital or popularity to compete at that level yet.

An average custom is $600 minimum and most of them are not even close to the quality that ARH has been bringing with their stuff. Its understandable to dodge this statue as a result of the price but you shouldn't assume its because they are gouging our pockets. Not a very fair assessment unless you manufacture and make these in the hundreds and can speak from personal experience.
Very well said brother..These guys did such an awesome job on this piece and deserve to be well compensated for it...That said, the price does seem a bit exaggerated for unlicensed pieces...I wish ARH would offer promotions like PCS' 20% off for those who pay the total cost of the statue upfront, which would benefit both parties..

Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #147
zeus

Medusa repaint 600$ same as original
Athena gold repaint 400$ =40$ more than original I wonder why?
SS Conan 460$ with mix media and better of the two,ARH 480$ wonder why?Fury of the beast HUGE statue 500$,Conan dio 1100$
(Probably same use of resin ) wonder why?The only one priced fairly and big also is the minotaur.Popularaty of the other statues is why it's overprice and then you say not gouging us!
Even thouth i hate the prices .I am picking up the Dio,Ares,Minotaur and gold Athena.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #148
Tavegg
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Both Medusas were priced at $600. Athena Gold has a lower ES. The more they make the cheaper the unit cost to produce and your exaggerating a bit as the difference is $35 on Athena Gold. Comparing SS whom has been in business substantially longer and is producing hundreds of statues with edition sizes in the thousands to ARH whom is producing statues in the hundreds isn't even close to a fair comparison. It definitely costs ARH more to make their product than SS pays. $460 and $480 for conan are comparable prices. ARH is giving you three different head sculpts with their version and different weapon options vs SS change out sword. Fury of the beast is a 1/5 Dio. Conan Dio is a 1/4 scale dio with three separate statues attached to the base and is larger than the fury Dio. ARH doesn't have as deep of pockets as SS. There's more risk involved at their level and if the margin is slightly higher that's understandable as they need to be able to fund future projects as well. They are not gouging anybody. SS is the one up charging everyone. Guaranteed they have a larger margin and more profitability then ARH does when it comes to revenue on these statues
Tavegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #149
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Yes but we also have to consider that SSC is a far larger company with more "mouths to feed" and with a far better production procedure involving paint department, cut & sew department, customer service department etc.

Now I won't say that ARH's statues are overpriced although I think they are but we also cannot say that SSC has less risk to their game since they play theirs in a much larger scale involving way more parameters. So their fail might as well be a lot deeper than ARH's in a similar situation.
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #150
zeus

Bottom line is are we happy? Some yes some no,A lot of people would love to have these statues but they won't buy cause of price.And thats the bottom line cause stone cold said so!!!