Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #151
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I do think from a marketing standpoint they made a mistake at $520. $500 is a mental and in some cases firm limit for a lot of people. At $499 they would only have to sell 5% more statues to make the same money (assuming only variable costs on additional statues) and I think they would have gotten more sales. If you are going over $500 anyway I don't think $20 is worthwhile. Not that I want it to be any higher but I think they would have been better served at $479 to $499.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #152
Tavegg
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I do think from a marketing standpoint they made a mistake at $520. $500 is a mental and in some cases firm limit for a lot of people. At $499 they would only have to sell 5% more statues to make the same money (assuming only variable costs on additional statues) and I think they would have gotten more sales. If you are going over $500 anyway I don't think $20 is worthwhile. Not that I want it to be any higher but I think they would have been better served at $479 to $499.
Your actually dead on with this. I work in mortgage origination for a bank and in past years we have listed our rates at 3.99 as opposed to 4.0 for example. Something to do with the mind psychology and how customers perceive the rate even though the payments are within a dollar of each other. People just see the lower number and it creates some sense of security... Fascinating
Tavegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #153
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Here's the EX head you get when you order directly from ARH studios...BTW...they want $600 for Ares

Avarone's explanation for the color of Ares' armor "ARES is MARS so RED PLANET" is a complete farce and shows complete lack of knowledge and respect for Ancient Greek mythology. Wish Alex would at least take the time to educate himself a bit on the background of the products he's trying to sell

No detail / loose volume in the hair/beard (both portraits) and crest hairpiece. Just thick black pieces of clay. That alone is bringing the whole statue down imo.

Quote:
That's going to be a tough sell. What was Athena? $369? Even Thor was only $465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos777 View Post
...This is a great sculpt but again it's paint palette is silly and disappointing. I mean how could you justify a "God rage mode" depicted in a weird kind of brownish-reddish and sort of feminine color
The bad color app of blood on his shield also ruins its great detail.

Anyway its one has his own standards but to me Ares should be clean of blood (all Gods from this line should be "clean") because he is not just another warrior but the ultimate one and above all others and he should also have another color palette for his depiction.

But again, as of a sculpt he is really good and the detail on both shields is awesome.
Looking at ARH's concept, they are Hyping themselves for the worst..
Just random statues, and they don't keep word to collectors at all. ARHstudios can keep their stuff.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #154
furycat
Death is hereditary.

thor SRP is 465...but it was 2 yr ago , arh only increase it by 55$. i think the price still make sense with inflation all that. how ever for me the price is make sense if they still using real polystone not plastic / fiberglass sh*t that other studio use.

if my lcs get this most probably i will get him. gonna save the import tax and all that....the additional cost is killing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

Looking at ARH's concept, they are Hyping themselves for the worst..
Just random statues, and they don't keep word to collectors at all. ARHstudios can keep their stuff.
what you mean ARH is random and dont keep word??
arh line is mythology stuff and by cust service standard atm i still happy with them.
furycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #155
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

I agree the pricing shows ignorance of basic human psychology..This is inexcusable after weeks of deliberation over pricing by ARH

BTW here are the measurements..This piece is huge

Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #156
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

I really don't like the price on this piece, but I will buy it because it looks really good. ARH shouldn't over-price their statues, so that they can build up a fan-base first.

Hmmm...how can this piece cost more than Conan (Without the snake base)????
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #157
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I really don't like the price on this piece, but I will buy it because it looks really good. ARH shouldn't over-price their statues, so that they can build up a fan-base first.

Hmmm...how can this piece cost more than Conan (Without the snake base)????
I ordered it too.

I don't speak for ARH but there are a couple bodies and a vulture on the Ares base. Slightly higher price doesn't shock me.

True Conan has license fees to consider but probably expect to sell more of him too as he is a more popular character.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #158
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Question

Quote:
I ordered it too.

I don't speak for ARH but there are a couple bodies and a vulture on the Ares base. Slightly higher price doesn't shock me.

True Conan has license fees to consider but probably expect to sell more of him too as he is a more popular character.
OIC! I am going to order from SS. I believe shipping will be cheaper than ARH.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #159
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I going to order from sideshow also,and i don't need to deposit 200$ on the spot.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #160
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

yeah I get the advantages of ordering through sideshow, no deposit right now, points for future purchases, etc but I wanted to buy direct through ARH because I also know one of the reasons for the high prices is the huge bite SS takes from those statues sold through their site.

I know retailers or third parties (SS in this case) get a big chunk which with smaller sales numbers means ARH needs to push the price up to cover it.

I wouldn't disuade anyone from preferring SS but for me just trying to do my part to help get prices as reasonable as possible for Greek God statues going forward.