Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #61
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

They will not sell a ton of these at $600...
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #62
Tavegg
A day without sunshine is like... night.

They will sell every single one of these
Tavegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #63
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavegg View Post
They will sell every single one of these
Only if they are made to order.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #64
Tavegg
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The ES on this was never going to be out of control. 150 - 300 of the ARH ex and maybe 500 of the reg at most distributed through SS. Not sure why you think this will have any issues selling out. Its a little bigger then the judge dredd diorama with more detail and a COH. They sold 150 JD at 500 pretty easily
Tavegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #65
wanderlai
The Tick

Shipping may be the killer when calculating the total cost.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #66
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
I like him without pupils. Also what color is his armor "supposed" to be to all the experts out there?

Edit. I know nothing of mythology but a quick google search explained the difference of mars and Ares.... I now see why ppl were calling out ave on his reasoning of coloring him red..
Mars is actually named after Ares. One can google anything from Wiki to just about any other site giving the history of Ares.

Averone is not wrong with depiction of Ares in RED ARMOR. In fact, if one is to look at just about anything associated with Ares, he is often depicted in red armor, or at least there are heavy red elements to his armor.

Here is a quote from a website about Ares I found:

Mars

Mars, Roman god of War (fourth planet from the Sun).

Mars, god of war
Source

Like a badge of blood in the sky, the Red Planet has long stood for the gods of war. Mars' symbol is seen below.
Mars symbol
It seems natural that the Greeks named the fourth planet after Ares, since it shines with a red color, resembling blood, which is appropriate for the god of War. The Romans identified their god of War, Mars, with the Greek Ares; now we know the planet as Mars. Mars was the Roman war god; his shield and spear form the planet’s symbol. He was also a god of agriculture before becoming associated with Ares. Whereas Ares often received a bad name because "war" implied explicit violence, Mars represented securing peace of a nation through war. Therefore, he was more highly revered amongst the Romans than Ares was amongst the Greeks. In the poems of Homer, there are such epithets as these applied to Ares: scourge of mortals, piercer of shields, the bloodstained one. The Romans were well-known as a warlike people; therefore, it is not strange that Mars became their patron god. They built temples for him and honored him by many celebrations during the year. One of the most famous parts of the city of Rome was called the Field of Mars (Campus Martius), and it was here that the army was reviewed and the spoils of war dedicated after the return of the armies from some successful campaign. The word martial, pertaining to war, came from Mars, the god of War. He was one of the most important of the Roman gods and an entire month of the year was dedicated to him. We still call the third month of the year, March, in his honor.The month was so named because Mars, the patron god of the Romans, was a war-god, and spring campaigns usually began about that time. The Roman year once began with March before it became January.

Marvel comics drew Ares with red armor (although lately they have drawn him with blue armor). God of War Ares, is drawn with copper-red color. Even if his armor isn't red, it does have heavy elements of red often on his cape. Gold armor is often seen on Ares, but I personally love the color chosen. It gives the shelf some unique color and life to a collection.

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #67
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Good stuff loric...I enjoyed that. The color of the piece is more of a copper/red and I think it looked just fine.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #68
toe
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory View Post
I would have preferred Gold color with a bit of blood here and there. Now that would be flashy.
I like the idea of having him with no pupils and red armor. If he was painted with gold/silver armor he will look just like any other soldiers. Also, having him without pupils is a great idea. Look more god like. But it should not be white. Perhaps black or red eyes.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #69
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Good stuff loric...I enjoued that. The color of the piece is more of a copper/red and I think it looked just fine.
Thanks Wolf. Just trying to be informative.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #70
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Maybe you cannot understand that we are not talking about a comic hero here or about a video game but for an actual Mythological God. I mean you cannot seriously put pics of "God of War the game" or some random dancer-poser-wannabe God...like the pics posted above

Also the statue is not titled "Mars" but "Ares"...now if it was actual referring to the Roman Mars I wouldn't have any problem but the company has named the statue "Ares" by the Greek God.

I cannot think of any source describing Ares armor because I don't think there are actually many-if any- but I know that in a description in "Iliad" Homer describes both Athena and Ares as "gold-glowing", dressed in golden garments".
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote