Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #571
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Only to an extent, and it's crystal clear that Sideshow is overestimating and overproducing.
When you can't move 1000 Daredevil, you know that something is going wrong.
On that one, I'd point more to the sculpt of the piece. DD is my #1 Marvel character and even I passed as it's just a bad design for a DD piece.

I don't think its always the case of them overestimating their fanbase, I think it's more often the case of them not always knowing what people want out of a character. They take certain artistic choices on pieces (which are fine to do), but they don't always turn out for the best.

I like how lately Igo has been coming on and asking for our votes on characters. Just wish they'd show rough sculpts (like XM) and be open to critiques on the pieces. Another example is the Reeves Supes PF...that one should have been a sure thing and they somehow managed to split the fanbase (same as MoS Supes).
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #572
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I like how lately Igo has been coming on and asking for our votes on characters. Just wish they'd show rough sculpts (like XM) and be open to critiques on the pieces. Another example is the Reeves Supes PF...that one should have been a sure thing and they somehow managed to split the fanbase (same as MoS Supes).
Somehow, I just don't see that ever happening.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #573
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Agreed. Sideshow will live and die by the decisions of their own creative team with no say or input from fans. To them we are just spectators waiting to buy whatever they put out....or not.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #574
Khufu
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
On that one, I'd point more to the sculpt of the piece. DD is my #1 Marvel character and even I passed as it's just a bad design for a DD piece.
I think this is spot on. I'm not a DD fan, and I would most likely not purchase any DD statue. However, I am a fan of well done and extremely awesome looking statues regardless of the character. DD is a character that if the statue is in the ballpark of good to awesome it automatically gets consideration as a PO for me.

Poor artistic direction/vision will always be a death knell for company whose sole purpose is to produce "art". In the past year alone, the awkward poses are too numerous to mention. Isn't anyone on the creative or production team standing up and saying "Omg this looks awful - redo it - go study actual human form"
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #575
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Of course, that's what is about regarding DD.
Also Emma Frost, Jean Grey, new Thor PF, new Doom PF, movie Cap.
Looks like Sideshow doesn't have an "honest" view on how their products are perceived by the customers. Or they do, but they don't care, at this point, who knows.

What I meant is, apart from lack of creativity, random/weird poses and so on, Sideshow is overestimating the growth of fanbase with their ES. The issues wit art direction are just the final nail in the coffin.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:40 AM   #576
mary jane
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

With the released of Hot Toys 1/4 Boba Fett...this piece become a big doubt for me...could this be my first cancelation of SS PF?

Hot Toys is more expensive but flexibility wise, they offer more.

And Hot Toys price here in Asia is much cheaper compare to SS
mary jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #577
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I always found Hot Toys' "flexibility" little more than a myth, honestly. People either display them in a mannequin stance to avoid joint degradation, or they display them with the exact same poses that statues have. The fact that you need to stick a pole under their ball sack bothers me.
By the way, if HT is cheaper than Sideshow and you have a way to avoid the ball sack stand someway, I'd go for that. More likely that details are going to be spot on.
I still think that both the doll and the PF are too expensive, btw.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:39 AM   #578
mary jane
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The dilemma is adding up with limited quantities for ex version for HT boba. For me, the hand gun is pretty crucial. Still trying to justifying both PF and HT.

Pre Order for HT here in SEA region only USD $357 (normal ver) and I don't need to absorb the shipping cost etc. It's nett price,all in.
mary jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #579
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I decided to go with the HT version and pass on the PF.

The PF is still a great piece. One of Sideshow's best conceptualized statues in recent memory.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #580
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

what sets the SS Boba Fett apart from the HT version is that the SS version is the ESB version of the character while HT's is the ROTJ version.

in in my book ESB trups ROTJ as far as Boba goes.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote