Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #581
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

mmm...interesting details here.

When I first pre-ordered the Ivy print i don't recall having the framed/unframed option. Was the order set at unframed from the start?

Going to be disappointed if I receive mine in a tube.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #582
Hemooo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
mmm...interesting details here.

When I first pre-ordered the Ivy print i don't recall having the framed/unframed option. Was the order set at unframed from the start?

Going to be disappointed if I receive mine in a tube.
Kier is the only one with framing option
Hemooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #583
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Most prints from most places ship in tubes.

Ivy never had a framing option. Only Kier.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #584
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemooo View Post
Kier is the only one with framing option
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Most prints from most places ship in tubes.

Ivy never had a framing option. Only Kier.
well that's disappointing news. This is my first time ordering a print from SS. Sideshow should at least ship them out in a flat cover cardboard box.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #585
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

i just bought this

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discou...tion-cases.htm

I can just put the print straight into that once its flattened right?

I think I will go the plexi glass route to flatten it....seems like a great idea.

I need to put an uncut mat board between the plexi and print. this would work?
http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discou...-mat-board.htm
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:18 PM   #586
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
The best way to flatten prints is with a heated print press. Every framing shop has one. Get freindly with the owners/workers and they might just do it for free. Its not like it really costs them anything beyond the few minutes of time it takes them to do it. Or you can offer to pay them a couple bucks. It certainly wouldn't hurt to call a couple locations up and ask them how much they would charge to stick your print in the print press for a minute or two.

If your just going to do it yourself at home then you want to unroll it and put something on it that keeps it flat. The larger the print, the more difficult it gets as its hard finding something larger enough to put on top of the print to keep it flat. With an 18 x 24, I would just get 5 books and put one on each corner of the print and then one right in the middle.

If your going to be ordering a lot of these prints, and your not too keen on the idea of asking frame shops to use their print press, I would find a local company that sells sheets of plexiglass and buy 2 sheets that were 19x25. Those are perfect for helping to flatten out prints. Just buy a couple pieces of archival tissue or archival matt board to lay the print on and place over the front of the print, to help protect it, and stick it inbetween the 2 sheets of plexi until its flattened out. The best part about using plexi is the print is 100% protected while its being flattening out. Lots of people have animals so leaving a 18x24 print unrolled can be a dangerous proposition.
First, I'd like to say that your comments have been very informative and are greatly appreciated OrangeCrush. Secondly, do you think there is any danger to letting a framer run it through their press?

I am not averse to doing it myself if it is safer - I have flattened prints before (mostly original one sheets) using the traditional "book" method but then those prints didn't cost me $100 and weren't very limited/signed. Also, what is the best way to actually "unroll" the prints before placing weights on it to flatten it out? For me this is the trickiest part and the larger the print the more unwieldy it is.

Keep up the good posts brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
well that's disappointing news. This is my first time ordering a print from SS. Sideshow should at least ship them out in a flat cover cardboard box.
I agree. Sideshow should at least give us the option for future prints to ship them flat. Regardless if the print arrives "undamaged", this whole DIY flattening business really just irks me considering the price point of these.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #587
wanderlai
The Tick

Successfully got screwed over on using points. I bought Kier and Ivy on the same order, used $107 in points to knock the price down to $53 without shipping. I get the Kier shipping invoice and they charged me $90 something for just Kier. How can they charge you more than what's shown on your order invoice when you place it? I'm close to throwing in the towel with Sideshow. I called and they give me some mumbo jumbo about points going towards just one item and not the other. That's not what my order confirmation showed. I place the order agreeing to one amount then get billed for almost double??? Shady, just shady way to operate.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #588
Synzaic

why would you order two items that will ship at different times on one invoice?

also usually there is absolutely no discount in shipping two items together....sometimes its actually more.

are you able to pick what items the point go towards if you have more then one item in the invoice? I thought it just took an amount off the total....so your overall cost WILL be the same? im not sure if I see the problem...
Old 11-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #589
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Would it be safe to put these in a portfolio case? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for one?
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #590
Synzaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Would it be safe to put these in a portfolio case? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for one?

just ordered this one....seems like a decent deal.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discou...tion-cases.htm