Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #31
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Their Mr. Black looked really impressive, so I am confident Infinity Studio will do justice to the city hunter. Price wise, the Berserker is going for around $1600 if ordered through Speculative Fiction. I guess city hunter will be around the same price, perhaps a little less. Oh well, wait and see...
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:09 PM   #32
Cromulon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
So Prime 1 have put out a very good effort, over to you Infinity! Looking forward to seeing this painted, and hopefully masked.
I can't wait to see it all finished! I wonder what IS is doing next for Predator.

Looks like Prime 1 might be stealing the show entirely. If all IS statues are 1200+ then idk if they can compete with Prime 1. I would love to get both lines but I guess we have to wait and see until in hand photos of IS and hope that they are still up for order by then.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:11 AM   #33
Python
Omega Red

They may have to lower the asking price for their P2 in order to compete with Prime 1's highly regarded version. Competition is good for us generally, it does throw up the issue of making it hard to choose however, I like both of these.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #34
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Looks good, not sure if I’m mad keen on the pose though. Looks like he’s defying gravity, it reminds me of a pose I’d expect to see on a spiderman statue.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #35
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

In my opinion, the face on the IS City Hunter is better. The bottom mandibles were a little too wide on the Prime 1, and generic looking. I prefer the positioning of these, and the sculpt just seems a bit more refined. I like them both very much, and price will probably be a big factor in my decision. I hope IS sells this through SS or another US dealer.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:10 PM   #36
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Looks good, not sure if I’m mad keen on the pose though. Looks like he’s defying gravity, it reminds me of a pose I’d expect to see on a spiderman statue.

Yeah, I do like this, but the pose is a bit strange, he almost looks submerged to me. I would have preferred something a little less divisive such as these...

Or even just a fairly museum pose on an interesting base...

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #37
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, I do like this, but the pose is a bit strange, he almost looks submerged to me. I would have preferred something a little less divisive such as these...

Or even just a fairly museum pose on an interesting base...

Narin made a kit version of that last one. I have one and it's nice. Head iis a bit off, and there was no netting, but it's the only representation of that pose that I'm aware of.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #38
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
Narin made a kit version of that last one. I have one and it's nice. Head iis a bit off, and there was no netting, but it's the only representation of that pose that I'm aware of.
Narin did one April 2007 (pics 1 & 2), and Shiraiwa Hayes did a similar pose December 2007 (pics 3 & 4).

I have both of these - nice pieces (about 1:5 scale)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #39
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Narin did one April 2007 (pics 1 & 2), and Shiraiwa Hayes did a similar pose December 2007 (pics 3 & 4).

I have both of these - nice pieces (about 1:5 scale)

I have both as well. I like the Narin pose better, but I think the Hayes P2 is better overall. Plus it is perfect scale to go with Narin's Classic Predator (of which he only made 20 pieces). I didn't care much for the damaged helmet head of the Classic Predator, so I used some of the left over rubber dreds to customize the Hayes kit.

Hayes is listed as 1/5, and it is the same size as Narin's Classic Predator, but Narin listed it as 1/6. I think Narin listed that P2 holding the spear as 1/6.5, which is very uncommon.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #40
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I didn’t like the movie but that statue is very well done.
Movie kicks ass, statue is meh
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote