Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
CanadianMachine
I am da law!

Damn dogs and vet bills.

ARRRRGHHH!!!

I got home last Wednesday and one of my dogs severely limping and the other with lower right eye lid torn apart. I actually jumped back and screamed with shock and horror, he looked like friggin Twoface from Batman. I can only assume that they got into a fight and this was the result. So I take Twoface to the 24 hr emergency vet at 7:00pm.

I find out that he needs surgery, stiches and be put under for surgery. The vet said it could take a while and that would call me. I left at 9:00pm, had supper and went to bed. I get a call at 2:00am that he is now awake and I can come get him. I get to the vet and proceed to pay a $820.00 bill.
Get home at 3:30, shower and decide to go to work for 4:30am, because I had a job that had to be done and sent out by lunch time.

So that made for a crappy week. Last nite I get home and hes torn off the funnel from around his neck and torn out a couple of stiches. Now I have to go back to the vet and get him restiched, which will probably cost me 3 or 4 hundred more. I am about to lose it............
CanadianMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMachine
ARRRRGHHH!!!

I got home last Wednesday and one of my dogs severely limping and the other with lower right eye lid torn apart. I actually jumped back and screamed with shock and horror, he looked like friggin Twoface from Batman. I can only assume that they got into a fight and this was the result. So I take Twoface to the 24 hr emergency vet at 7:00pm.

I find out that he needs surgery, stiches and be put under for surgery. The vet said it could take a while and that would call me. I left at 9:00pm, had supper and went to bed. I get a call at 2:00am that he is now awake and I can come get him. I get to the vet and proceed to pay a $820.00 bill.
Get home at 3:30, shower and decide to go to work for 4:30am, because I had a job that had to be done and sent out by lunch time.

So that made for a crappy week. Last nite I get home and hes torn off the funnel from around his neck and torn out a couple of stiches. Now I have to go back to the vet and get him restiched, which will probably cost me 3 or 4 hundred more. I am about to lose it............

Yes, those Elizabethan collars are a pain in the ass.

As far as vet bills go... my two pugs for their annual wellness exam (since they are over 7 y/o) costs $750.00 for the pair.

And what kills me the most about vets is.. when they present you with a $500 or $1000 bill, they just act like it's so normal to do this and that customers can pull this money out of
their ass.

Wish the best for your dog.

On edit: Oh, and now they need their teeth cleaned because of calcified plaque. $500.00 per dog is the estimate.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Parky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

That's why you need pet insurance. Go get it now just in case the worst happens again.
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky
that's why you need pet insurance. Go get it now just in case the worst happens again.
I investigated it. Most illnesses are diagnosed as typical by the breed, rendering the insurance useless.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1
I investigated it. Most illnesses are diagnosed as typical by the breed, rendering the insurance useless.
I agree. Pet insurance is actually beneficial when you just get the puppy to help with the vacinations. The other time it is beneficial is when the dog gets sick, but not when it is something that the breed is prone too. Like for my Boxer, if he got some type of cancer or heart issue, it would most likely cover little to nothing. My gf/my other dog a yorkie poo (yorkie & poodle mix) has to get his teeth cleaned as well (~$300) bc he is the most spoiled dog in the world and doesn't eat kibble so his teeth and breath suck. Damn dogs, but I wouldn't give them up for anything.
rosko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Parky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1
hmmmm, I see. Well let's hope you two find a company that covers your pets.
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I feel your pain on vets bills...but try shelling out that much cash on a ferret! At least with a dog I can rationalize it due to their size but with something as small as a ferret it kills me every time I have to take one in...
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #8
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Minorities in the city have no idea what is a Vet, if you're dog is sick sprinkle some Robotussin on it, if he had a stomach ache give him some Robotussin.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Thats why I stick to fish... When they die... Buy a new one!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #10
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko23
I agree. Pet insurance is actually beneficial when you just get the puppy to help with the vacinations. The other time it is beneficial is when the dog gets sick, but not when it is something that the breed is prone too. Like for my Boxer, if he got some type of cancer or heart issue, it would most likely cover little to nothing. My gf/my other dog a yorkie poo (yorkie & poodle mix) has to get his teeth cleaned as well (~$300) bc he is the most spoiled dog in the world and doesn't eat kibble so his teeth and breath suck. Damn dogs, but I wouldn't give them up for anything.
Surely its also good if the dog gets knocked down by a car or has another form of accident?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote