Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-21-2014, 01:14 AM   #501
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
He is not gonna sell out in the first day, that's for sure.
Not many do anymore.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #502
Atheris
The Maxx

I posted this in another thread, but I'm posting it here to because it is specific to this piece and fits better here.

I won't be ordering PO day until an ES is announced. This kind of bit me in the butt before with the Pred 2 maquette. But regardless, I don't think anyone should order until an ES has been announced. Personally, I want to know exactly what I'm buying into before I hand over any money. Especially if the price ends up being stupid. The only way I will justify it is with exclusivity. I will not buy into anything with an ES of 3000-4000 or something crazy. I like my collectibles "collectible" so if I have to reserve my order to support that I will.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:26 AM   #503
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I posted this in another thread, but I'm posting it here to because it is specific to this piece and fits better here.

I won't be ordering PO day until an ES is announced. This kind of bit me in the butt before with the Pred 2 maquette. But regardless, I don't think anyone should order until an ES has been announced. Personally, I want to know exactly what I'm buying into before I hand over any money. Especially if the price ends up being stupid. The only way I will justify it is with exclusivity. I will not buy into anything with an ES of 3000-4000 or something crazy. I like my collectibles "collectible" so if I have to reserve my order to support that I will.

Chris
If everybody did that Sideshow would stop doing it but people don't care and have no self control.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:29 AM   #504
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

so Chris, what your saying is if they make a phenomenal Hulk statue 1/2 scale and it will be a limited edition you wont buy it? or if its a killah PF of the hulk you wont buy it? so you dont buy statues you like only if you think they will be worth more money down the line?

i buy the statues i like. if they have a low ES all the better. but thats not the sole reason why i buy pieces of art. i but it because i like it and enjoy it for what it is and not what it can bring in the after market.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:34 AM   #505
Spazzy
Hercules

Especially for this one I could care less of the es, I want to secure my order in case it sells out unexpectedly, and not have to worry about it later on and possible problems with damages.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 AM   #506
Vracula
Jedi Order

Collectors collect for different reasons,Chris holds the Es in high regard as so do I, But honestly I am more concerned about no es or SS's "limited edition" than large edition sizes, The collectible world is bigger than it has ever been ,we can only expect big es's.

I have to say I did cave in for the dark rider of mordor after initially cancelling my order, But I have waited to long for this piece and just gave up.

These are not action figures we are talking about, but high end collectibles,Pop culture art, It is completely natural to expect them to have a limited number so as to still call them collectibles. Some collectors hoard, some collectors like having a sought after collection, It's all the same to me.

I suspect that if this figure has a High Es it might not be as sought after, Only because lot of batman fans have moved on from the 1989 version, Although the base is stellar and might just increase sales.Honestly wasn't keen on buying a 1989 batman pf purely based on past SS movie Pf's which I find lacking , But after I saw the entire reveal I was definitely intrigued.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #507
Spazzy
Hercules

But even their limited editions stop being made eventually, big reason why I can't get a t800 clean bust for retail.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 AM   #508
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
But even their limited editions stop being made eventually, big reason why I can't get a t800 clean bust for retail.
cant you buy a dirty one and just clean it with alcohol?I thought that worked.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 AM   #509
DynamicMenace

but you can buy a combat version and have it cleaned up
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 AM   #510
DynamicMenace

padiddle Vrac