Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #10581
AsOneDead
You got red on you

The Raid - 3.5/5

Solid action movie.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #10582
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The Muppets: 8 out of 10

A little room for improvement but overall it was great.

Fozzie Bear was hilarious as hell
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #10583
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Couldn't agree more on Narc either. That movie was fantastic, and really had me keen to see his take on Mission: Impossible
I feel the same. I couldn't believe either Cruise or someone prevented Joe Carnahan from directing Mission Impossible 3. After seeing Narc, I was sure we would get the team focus with a lot of edge. Some pre-production drawings were leaked a few years ago that had Hunt in Africa. They involved some kind of assassination and Hunt using his blood to lead soldiers away from his position. Also, both Scarlett Johansson and Carrie-Anne Moss were supposed to be in the movie. We really got stiffed with the released Mission Impossible 3 which is easily the most forgettable one. I still haven't seen MI4 only because the original TV show comes on every night and reminds me of how cool the show and characters are supposed to be.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #10584
Spazzy
Hercules

Girl with the dragon tattoo 7/10
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #10585
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Girl with the Dragon Tatoo (2011) 7/10

It's ok, I didn't think it was much different (other than a relatively minor variation of the ending) than the 2009 Swedish version
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #10586
Babytoxie
Ghost

The Train (1964) - 8/10

Burt Lancaster stars as a railway inspector who is a member of the French resistance. He and several others attempt to sabotage the transport of French art masterpieces to Berlin. It was a bit drawn-out, but pretty good overall.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #10587
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I feel the same. I couldn't believe either Cruise or someone prevented Joe Carnahan from directing Mission Impossible 3. After seeing Narc, I was sure we would get the team focus with a lot of edge. Some pre-production drawings were leaked a few years ago that had Hunt in Africa. They involved some kind of assassination and Hunt using his blood to lead soldiers away from his position. Also, both Scarlett Johansson and Carrie-Anne Moss were supposed to be in the movie. We really got stiffed with the released Mission Impossible 3 which is easily the most forgettable one. I still haven't seen MI4 only because the original TV show comes on every night and reminds me of how cool the show and characters are supposed to be.
Interesting stuff

My understanding at the time was that Cruise had seen an advance release of Narc and tagged Carnahan personally to helm the third installment. From that point it seems really unclear as to whether they had a falling out, or it was studio pressure. I dont think we'll ever truly know, but it will always be regrettable. The best aspect of the M:I franchise for me has always been that love em or hate em, every single one has the fingerprints of that Director all over it. I love that about the series. The first screams De Palma, the second Woo, the third while less so, certainly has Abrams hallmarks, and the advancements the fourth featured showed that a futurist such as Brad Bird was involved. I really hope we get a fifth, and again it's an action film that more than showcases it's Director's cinematic style
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #10588
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
oh ok, cool

yeah I follow directors mostly too

I didn't know about the MI3 situation

But I thought the third was easily the best installment the only one with a storyline that was actually interesting. Pretty happy that JJ was on it.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #10589
Rocket
Art of Mod

1.5/10

Christian Slater has officially hit rock bottom
Old 03-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #10590
Rocket
Art of Mod

8.5/10

From memory I think I gave the orginal an 8, and this gets an 8.5 from me which is ironic considering I was just this week bemoaning the lack of sequels than can hold their own against their predecessors

This one actually takes the "rules" of the first movie and turns them on their head. At first I thought it was a great idea, then some plot issues had me doubting the decision, but by movie's end, every had been tied up so well, I realized they either planned it all from the beginning, or they are just plain geniuses. If you even mildly enjoyed the first, you're gonna love this