Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-01-2022, 06:47 PM   #271
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Finally got mine via a retailer. Unfortunatly some paintdamage on the lower raptor. Seems like the paint is rubbing off. Already send an email to the retailer but anyone else with damage on their piece and did you get a replacement from Weta?

vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:00 AM   #272
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Can you rub more off or is it just that spot?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:27 AM   #273
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Can you rub more off or is it just that spot?
It's peeling, think I would be rubbing more off.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #274
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Finally got mine via a retailer. Unfortunatly some paintdamage on the lower raptor. Seems like the paint is rubbing off. Already send an email to the retailer but anyone else with damage on their piece and did you get a replacement from Weta?

Mine has a small spot in missing paint. I contacted weta but they say they collect all damaged deliveries and see to replace the worst ones (broken) and will contact me later on again. Not sire if I?ll heard from them again.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:09 PM   #275
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
It's peeling, think I would be rubbing more off.
I see that sometimes on statues, the paint does not bond with the resin and it just comes right off. They might have a replacement piece, but statue has been sold out for a while now. Might be better off taking a credit and touching it up.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:37 PM   #276
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
Mine has a small spot in missing paint. I contacted weta but they say they collect all damaged deliveries and see to replace the worst ones (broken) and will contact me later on again. Not sire if I?ll heard from them again.
Well that's not a good thing I guess... think we are screwed on this one. Luckily everything else is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I see that sometimes on statues, the paint does not bond with the resin and it just comes right off. They might have a replacement piece, but statue has been sold out for a while now. Might be better off taking a credit and touching it up.
Yeah, I'll await the response of the retailer. Mostlikely I can touch it up although the peeling concerns me.

Overall pleased with it but not the way she is diplayed at the moment.

Old 08-20-2022, 02:18 AM   #277
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Well that's not a good thing I guess... think we are screwed on this one. Luckily everything else is ok.

Yeah, I'll await the response of the retailer. Mostlikely I can touch it up although the peeling concerns me.

Overall pleased with it but not the way she is diplayed at the moment.

Any update on the replacement or exchange?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 02:19 AM   #278
thecollector80

Nice
Old 08-20-2022, 02:23 AM   #279
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
Those are some great shots! Sadly that portrait's makeup is a bit "gloopy." It's a real shame. Mine is a lot sharper though and hence looks more in line with the proto. The raptors are great though aren't they?

Still I'm ecstatic about mine -- I need to start having company over to show off my new center piece, haha.
I noticed the teeth paint is hit or miss on this one....on mine the shading on the teeth is good but in others they either have too dark shading in between the teeth or overlaps that look like food or dirt bits are stuck in between the teeth...like on Lugnuts theres a dark spot or blob on the front teeth with crooked overlaps of teeth shading

but overall this is a great statue with very good skin details and texturing
Old 08-22-2022, 06:53 AM   #280
kakas
Doh!

TBH some of the other pics of that statue just look good to me. Also the Weta reply with the master and production compared don't show that much difference, I don't see the extreme difference in sculpt. And to be honest, the paint job of a prototype is never realistic for the production piece. Any I believe they also do minor photoshop retouches, noting major but making eyes a bit more vivid, maybe adjusting the paint lines to make them look more smooth...

On topic again: This TR statue is more than just the face sculpt like in a movie on netflix premium apk. The previous TR sculpt differs in production from the prototype, so maybe likeness in the facial structure is Weta's weaker spot, but the added environment, the Jaguar or dinosaurs, the pose... make it so attractive I don't bother that much as some do. I think for a statue with a more boring museum pose look this would be more crucial.
kakas is offline   Reply With Quote