Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-06-2022, 07:38 AM   #51
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

Too bad, because Donatello with goggles looks lame. Hope they drop that.
I made the same critique about that on facebook. Ant said Donnie will have three portraits
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 03:59 PM   #52
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
You're correct. Custom studios are unlicensed, and therefore, not legal reproductions. They have no rights in this scenario.

The artist sold his work to them, as he could have sold the files to anyone with a 3D printer. PCS buys his work to produce a licensed product, but probably wanted to change it up slightly so it's not confused with unlicensed product out there.
Kind of a gray area. As you said, Tiago sold those particular sculpts and files to that unlicensed studio. So in theory they possibly could have been reused without legal ramifications, but it would cause major bad blood in the hobby between everyone involved (including the collectors who bought those custom statues).

So much easier and better for everyone on every level to just go forward with new sculpts.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 03:59 PM   #53
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I made the same critique about that on facebook. Ant said Donnie will have three portraits
Awesome. Thanks for that. Since the other three had 'normal' bandanas, that would have looked out of place, even if you like the 'geek' aspect to Donatello, which I don't.

Have they said anything about red bandana comic portraits for the other three? That's what I need to know before buying.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:03 PM   #54
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Kind of a gray area. As you said, Tiago sold those particular sculpts and files to that unlicensed studio. So in theory they possibly could have been reused without legal ramifications, but it would cause major bad blood in the hobby between everyone involved (including the collectors who bought those custom statues).

So much easier and better for everyone on every level to just go forward with new sculpts.
I think the legal aspect is pretty black and white, but I definitely agree with everything else you say. It would be awkward for Tiago, that studio, PCS, collectors (of the licensed and unlicensed work), Nickelodeon, etc. Good call to at least alter them somewhat.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:10 PM   #55
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks for that. Since the other three had 'normal' bandanas, that would have looked out of place, even if you like the 'geek' aspect to Donatello, which I don't.

Have they said anything about red bandana comic portraits for the other three? That's what I need to know before buying.
Don't know brother. I just really didn't want those goggles so that answer alone made me happy. Donatello and Shredder are my favorite characters from TMNT so I pay attention to them the most.

But on paper, I have to give the award to Mikey in terms of concept so far.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:04 PM   #56
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Guess PCS don't want my money. The just need to comment on red bandana portraits...

Also, was just looking over pics on Sideshow. Pretty big flaw in these designs... Where are their tails??? I mean, I guess most drop them from statues. Too provocative? lol
Old 09-06-2022, 11:50 PM   #57
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Guess PCS don't want my money. The just need to comment on red bandana portraits...

Also, was just looking over pics on Sideshow. Pretty big flaw in these designs... Where are their tails??? I mean, I guess most drop them from statues. Too provocative? lol
I removed the tails from my Mondo 1/6 TMNT figures because they looked silly.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:30 PM   #58
PacMan3000
The Spirit

This release date has been bumped up to Jan - Feb of 2023.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:30 AM   #59
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
I removed the tails from my Mondo 1/6 TMNT figures because they looked silly.
Yeah the tails seriously do good move PCS!
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 05:58 PM   #60
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

CE on WL at SSC
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote