Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-19-2022, 07:08 AM   #51
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Part 2 of 3 -

- The Superman Classic (Ver B) 1/4 will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow, 20th August 2022 at 6p.m (SGT)! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Comics Premium Collectibles statue, Superman Classic! XM will be making this statue available in both 1/4 and 1/6 scale. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with XM’s famous quality finish, and comes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style. For this statue, we worked directly with Mark Brooks, who fleshed out the concept and details for the Man of Steel in stunning detail. Set on the planet Apokolips, Superman is seen mid-battle against Darkseid’s shock troops, the Parademons, within cybernetic ruins and explosive debris.

The 1/4 scale statue comes in 2 versions. Version A showcases Superman with clenched fists as he stares unwaveringly ahead at the battlefield. Version B includes this set of head and arm switch-outs and another set that features him holding on to the body of a defeated Parademon above his head after having utilised his heat vision. Collectors can also look forward to Classic Batman and Classic Wonder Woman statues that will also be released as part of XM’s upcoming list of classic statues that will be made available in both 1/4 and 1/6 scale."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:09 AM   #52
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Part 3 of 3 -

- The Superman Classic (Ver B) 1/4 will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow, 20th August 2022 at 6p.m (SGT)! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Comics Premium Collectibles statue, Superman Classic! XM will be making this statue available in both 1/4 and 1/6 scale. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with XM’s famous quality finish, and comes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style. For this statue, we worked directly with Mark Brooks, who fleshed out the concept and details for the Man of Steel in stunning detail. Set on the planet Apokolips, Superman is seen mid-battle against Darkseid’s shock troops, the Parademons, within cybernetic ruins and explosive debris.

The 1/4 scale statue comes in 2 versions. Version A showcases Superman with clenched fists as he stares unwaveringly ahead at the battlefield. Version B includes this set of head and arm switch-outs and another set that features him holding on to the body of a defeated Parademon above his head after having utilised his heat vision. Collectors can also look forward to Classic Batman and Classic Wonder Woman statues that will also be released as part of XM’s upcoming list of classic statues that will be made available in both 1/4 and 1/6 scale."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:52 AM   #53
Sjb
A day without sunshine is like... night.

YES - This will become my new 1/4 Superman and will replace the Sideshow OG. I will probably go with the less busy version A. Belt color is a miss, but not a big deal. Can’t wait to see what they do with Batman and Wonder Woman.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:07 AM   #54
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Ahh he's holding a parademon. Darkseid tease maybe?
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:46 AM   #55
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Version A is just a mirrored version of the 1/3 Iron Studios statue, but probably at a higher price.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:05 AM   #56
Sjb

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Version A is just a mirrored version of the 1/3 Iron Studios statue, but probably at a higher price.
Definitely similar pose. However, much better sculpt, paint job and base… and at 1/4. I am not aware of a better 1/4 classic Superman. Prime 1 is the 1/3 Superman to own.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:41 AM   #57
SDguy

To me, this piece was designed with the parademon parts in place, because the pose looks weirdly off/angled without them. I would definitely only get Ver. B.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 10:13 AM   #58
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

XM continues to lack where it hurts the most for me, the portraits. They just look lifeless, and like superman is bored. I wonder if just getting someone else to paint them can bring some life into it?

The rest isn't bad, and those who only want sculpted capes it fulfills that with the classic red underwear.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 10:15 AM   #59
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
Definitely similar pose. However, much better sculpt, paint job and base… and at 1/4. I am not aware of a better 1/4 classic Superman. Prime 1 is the 1/3 Superman to own.
I still think the original Sideshow is probably the best 1/4 as far as licensed statues go, especially if you get a fabric cape for it. There are lots of unlicensed 1/4 Superman statues that are way better than anything these companies are doing.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 10:54 AM   #60
Sjb

Ha… Just different tastes. I prefer sculpted capes over cloth. Agree the OG is nice, but prefer fully sculpted statues over mixed media.