Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-02-2022, 09:13 AM   #21
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- The Flash 1/4 will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow, 3rd March 2022, at 6p.m (SGT)! -

XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Comics Premium Collectibles statue, the Flash! XM will be making this statue available in both 1:4 and 1:6 scale. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish, andcomes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

?The mysterious power known as the Speed Force is an energy field that has, over the centuries, granted incredible powers of velocity to certain heroes. The most famous of these is the Flash, also known as the Fastest Man Alive. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. And with every step the Flash takes toward the future, someone from the future is racing backward through time to stop him?the villainous speedster known as the Reverse-Flash.?

The XM Team wanted to create a scene in which the scarlet speedster is being chased by Reverse Flash in a battle of wit, wills, and speed. As such, this statue can be displayed either as a standalone piece with a destroyed and mangled highway bridge serving as the base of the statue or as part of a pair together with Reverse Flash. It comes with upper body switch outs that allow collectors the option to display the Flash in a classic running pose or if they so wish, in a more reactive pose in which he is seen twirling his left hand at super speed at Reverse Flash, all while sporting a determined look upon his face. Collectors will also be able to display the alternative upper body switch out as a torso pedestal.

Character Background
?The Flash has mastery over not just speed, but time itself, and he has often used his powers to travel though different eras and even into other dimensions. Although the Flash has not always been fast enough to outrun personal tragedy when it has come for him, he always does his best to prevent the same from happening to the people of Central City and Keystone City.?

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:14 AM   #22
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- The Flash 1/4 will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow, 3rd March 2022, at 6p.m (SGT)! -

XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Comics Premium Collectibles statue, the Flash! XM will be making this statue available in both 1:4 and 1:6 scale. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish, andcomes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

“The mysterious power known as the Speed Force is an energy field that has, over the centuries, granted incredible powers of velocity to certain heroes. The most famous of these is the Flash, also known as the Fastest Man Alive. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. And with every step the Flash takes toward the future, someone from the future is racing backward through time to stop him—the villainous speedster known as the Reverse-Flash.”

The XM Team wanted to create a scene in which the scarlet speedster is being chased by Reverse Flash in a battle of wit, wills, and speed. As such, this statue can be displayed either as a standalone piece with a destroyed and mangled highway bridge serving as the base of the statue or as part of a pair together with Reverse Flash. It comes with upper body switch outs that allow collectors the option to display the Flash in a classic running pose or if they so wish, in a more reactive pose in which he is seen twirling his left hand at super speed at Reverse Flash, all while sporting a determined look upon his face. Collectors will also be able to display the alternative upper body switch out as a torso pedestal.

Character Background
“The Flash has mastery over not just speed, but time itself, and he has often used his powers to travel though different eras and even into other dimensions. Although the Flash has not always been fast enough to outrun personal tragedy when it has come for him, he always does his best to prevent the same from happening to the people of Central City and Keystone City.”

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:48 AM   #23
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The two torso design is brilliant. Everything looks great on this piece, except for the dings and dents all over his body. Sorry, but IMO those look nothing like battle damage. They look like really poor casting.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:53 AM   #24
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The two torso design is brilliant. Everything looks great on this piece, except for the dings and dents all over his body. Sorry, but IMO those look nothing like battle damage. They look like really poor casting.
1000%. This was an instant PO (in 1/6), because it is just so cool. Until I saw that these marks and dents are ALL OVER him. WTF? How does that even translate... what, does he have dents in his skin? His VERY flexible suit has dents in it? Ugh... come on XM, you were THIS close to perfect for me on this one.

It really does just look like ----ty casting to me, especially on his head. Oof.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:18 AM   #25
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
1000%. This was an instant PO (in 1/6), because it is just so cool. Until I saw that these marks and dents are ALL OVER him. WTF? How does that even translate... what, does he have dents in his skin? His VERY flexible suit has dents in it? Ugh... come on XM, you were THIS close to perfect for me on this one.

It really does just look like ----ty casting to me, especially on his head. Oof.
Absolutely agree....looks like poor casting.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:29 AM   #26
SONICobra
Batman

I think this looks pretty good, i dont mind the "battle damage" but i just cant get behind those lightning bolts. ive never liked simulated effects on any statue, looks super cheesy imo
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #27
SDguy

Ha! disregard everything I said... 1/6 only has the single torso. I'm totally out
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:51 AM   #28
aa909
The Green Hornet

This is not working for me. The running pose looks static and not dynamic at all, the lighting bolts seem almost like an after thought, the seam at the shoulder is very noticeable and the dings on the body don?t look like battle damage IMO

The reverse flash on the other hand has a more realistic dynamic running pose IMO. I?ll probably be picking that one up but only if it can be displayed without the bolts. but flash is a hard pass.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #29
Mister H
Gen 13

This is turning out to be such a strange statue. Two versions but the only one with other options is the most expensive one (of course) and even though the running pose on the 1/4 looks great style wise it's almost ruined by fingernail marks in the sculpt and plastic looking lightning effects. I feel like if we look hard enough we will see a fingerprint on him somewhere.....good lord.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:07 AM   #30
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I personally love this, and I do like the lightning effects as it's hard to really portray super speed in a statue. But yeah, the dents and stuff are really noticeable and don't make any sense whatsoever. I can see Iron Man having dents but the Flash? I do agree that the Reverse Flash pose is a little better, but I think the cyclone fist torso is awesome and very unique from other Flash statues.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote