Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-04-2022, 10:46 AM   #21
French Cancan
Deadman

LA VIE NE TIENT QU'A UN FIL
life is hanging by a thread

TOMOHIRO INABA

Tomohiro Inaba is a young sculpture prodigy born in 1984 in Japan. Inaba creates exceptional unique works in galvanized steel, thermal-sensitive paper and wire in which he suspends time.

Tomohiro brilliantly combines ephemeral and movement, draws the nature that surrounds him under his master hands and shares with the viewer his poetic vision of the world.

His works seem to disintegrate into a million vectors, leaving free our imagination to any interpretation. Woman's legs, animal, human skull... the artist's subjects are varied and always keep an aerial and ephemeral appearance.

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:05 AM   #22
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
LA VIE NE TIENT QU'A UN FIL
life is hanging by a thread

TOMOHIRO INABA
Wow.

That is pretty damn brilliant.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 04:27 PM   #23
French Cancan
Deadman

J'AIME LA PORCELAINE

Seeing a revival of activity on a Lladro thread made me want to talk about this Spanish manufacturer and its ( fruitful ) collaboration with the famous designer Jaime Hayon. I will stand only to his cooperation with Lladro. Plus, I'm the happy owner of four of their works.

JAIME HAYON
was born in Madrid in 1974. Since then, the Spanish designer and artist, nicknamed "the Almodovar of design", has never ceased to imagine avant-garde objects. Deliberately blurring the boundaries between design, art and decoration, this member of the Top 100 Contemporary Designers - according to Wallpaper magazine - has built a complex and refined universe.
Combining fantasy and sobriety, Jaime Hayon has become an essential reference in contemporary design,

Old 03-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #24
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

I think this would sell well in 1/4 or 1/3 scale.
I would buy several versions of these. They are quite awesome.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 09:51 AM   #25
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
I would buy several versions of these. They are quite awesome.

I am waiting for companies that could offer copies of some works we can see in this thread...
Old 03-06-2022, 10:32 AM   #26
French Cancan
Deadman

BLUE AND YELLOW

VOLODYMYR TSISARYK
Volodymyr Tsisaryk, born in 1978, is a Ukrainian sculptor. He studied monumental and decorative sculpture as an academic discipline and obtained a master's degree with honours. In his sculptural practices, among other materials, he favors bronze but also interacts confidently with aluminum, wood and stone. Volodymyr explores the nature of people, capturing the concepts of power, fear, knowledge, desire, dependence, forgiveness and pleasure. All the works are of quite different design, and they are such heterogeneous spatial formats that allow to create a gallery of human beings. Sculptural figures are ourselves, our emotions, our thoughts and our risks.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:25 PM   #27
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Amazing works of art. Would love to see any of these in person!
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #28
French Cancan
Deadman

EARTH WIND & WIRE

ROBIN WIGHT
Dandelions and fairies

" My name is Robin Wight and I'm the artist who creates the wire fairies and founded FantasyWire. I was born in 1960, the son of an engineer.

I've always been creative and first mastered pencil drawing at school which I continue to enjoy, but switched to iPad as a medium in recent years. Art and engineering have meant that throughout my life I have created all manner of things in all sorts of materials.

My interest in 3D / sculpture developed when our children were very small and I used to build elaborate sand sculptures on beach holidays. In 2009 we moved to the middle of a nature reserve where fairies ought to exist and things changed... "

More here:
https://fantasywire.co.uk/robin-wight/

Old 03-13-2022, 10:34 AM   #29
French Cancan
Deadman

BRONZE HEART

CODERCH & MALAVIA
For the duo of Spanish artists Joan Coderch and Javier Malavia, the human being is the heart of their art. In that way, they have collaborated to create sculptures that explore the movement and expressions of the human body.
All their works are done with four hands in their studio in Valencia, Spain. The complicated part is to organize and share the physical creation of the work itself, because not only there are four hands, but there are two brains too.
" You need to learn to trust your partner and be able to share your ideas and work with them, and most importantly, you need to put your ego aside in order to stay equal to engage in the final rendering " explained Joan Coderch and Javier Malavia. The result of this creative relationship is a multitude of particularly realistic sculptures, which one could almost confuse with real people.

They can make multiple copies of each work, using different materials, resin or bronze, and different colorations/paints
Old 03-14-2022, 08:18 AM   #30
French Cancan
Deadman

CODERCH & MALAVIA / SCARECROW

Their last work...