Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-08-2022, 02:00 AM   #1
MrYac
Hercules

Ozark final season (spoilers)

i know a few folks were watching, while i really liked the show over all the ending just didn't do much for me. Ruth going like that was unsatisfying, and how could Mel be such a good detective but also so goddamn stupid?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 05:52 AM   #2
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

It was definitely sad to see Ruth go down, as she was just finally getting herself to a good place in her life...quite tragic. Julia Garner was so amazing in that role...that scream earlier in the season ("you're gonna have to f*ckin KILL MEEEEE!!!!"), just wow Wendy probably deserved a bullet more than anyone, but alas, the whole family survived after all the sh1t they went through (and created). I agree Mel probably should've known better, not to threaten people who he knows are very clever, resourceful, and resilient...maybe he was just overconfident and got sloppy. I did like Jonah showing up at the end with the shotgun
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:01 AM   #3
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Agree with you both on the somewhat lackluster ending. I was hoping for something more memorable than the family getting away with everything. Ruth dying definitely was a shame though.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:07 AM   #4
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I agree with Ruth having to die, but they were all amazing in the show. That Wendy was such a ----- but her performance was superb. If an actor or actress can pull me in all directions in emotions, they did their job, i believe and they all did that.

The ending, well, it was a bit anticlimactic, but life is like this as well, but I was ok with it.

Loved the Series!!
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:43 AM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I liked how it ended. Almost totally different than breaking bad where the ?bad guy? gets it in the end. Here the ?bad guys? are getting off and the one who turned her life around ends up dead.

I thought for sure that crash was going to be the end, thinking they were going to get off Scott free and then all die in the accident.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:55 AM   #6
MrYac
Hercules

I was just thinking a better way to do it would be have Marty look up and see the broken door and than cut to Mel driving with the goat strapped into the passenger seat. Leave that sense of wondering how screwed they’re going to be, the idea of Jonah murdering a guy just doesn’t sit great with me.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:04 PM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I was just thinking a better way to do it would be have Marty look up and see the broken door and than cut to Mel driving with the goat strapped into the passenger seat. Leave that sense of wondering how screwed they?re going to be, the idea of Jonah murdering a guy just doesn?t sit great with me.
He could have shot the cookie jar.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:44 PM   #8
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Not feeling the ending at all. Rather pissed me off how they did Ruth and the others got away scot-free.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:14 PM   #9
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Not feeling the ending at all. Rather pissed me off how they did Ruth and the others got away scot-free.
yeah, killed by a mostly non-existent entity. sure she was there this season, but we never heard of a sister before. and how in the world did she not only know exactly where Ruth lived but get there so much quicker than she did? it just felt incredibly forced. good thing Three is never home i guess.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:32 PM   #10
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
He could have shot the cookie jar.
Haha, good point
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote