Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-25-2022, 01:21 PM   #1
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thumbs down Another Iron Studios Stan Lee 1/10 Statue

I mean, I love Stan Lee as much as the next person, but WHY do we need ANOTHER statue. We had the first 1/10 version, i think in regular and deluxe, we had a 1/4 statue which is I'm SURE is selling like hotcakes (sarcasm), and yet here they reveal another one?

So many other Marvel MCU characters they could have done. I do like this one more than the first statue, so there's that, but I still won't buy it.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:48 PM   #2
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

You can never have too many and I’ve got 5 Stan Lee’s in my collection.

Two from 1/6 Hot Toys (normal on chair and spacesuit versions)

One Hot Toys Cosbaby (space suit). I usually used a Popcultcha coupon to knock these down to shipping only, or essentially half price etc.

One 1/10 from Iron Studios (Deluxe version)

One from Iron Studios Minico (normal in chair)

And I was this close to getting the 1/4 scale statue, but I just didn’t have the space.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:53 PM   #3
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

There are other comic creators that could use some love. I get Stan was "The Man"--I'm almost 50 so I grew up with him as Marvel's main guy--but he also screwed over quite a few guys in the industry. It'd be nice to see them get some recognition as well.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:18 PM   #4
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
There are other comic creators that could use some love. I get Stan was "The Man"--I'm almost 50 so I grew up with him as Marvel's main guy--but he also screwed over quite a few guys in the industry. It'd be nice to see them get some recognition as well.
Unfortunately out of the many comic creators, none have had the overall exposure that Stan Lee crafted for himself (by kicking everyone to the curb I guess). And that was even before the Marvel movies.

For general exposure the next one I can think of is Jim Lee. There are more hard core fan favourite ones of course, but many of them are known by a smaller portion of even the comic community.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:35 PM   #5
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Yeah, I'm probably just a crotchety old guy because I feel like Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Bob Kane, Bill Finger, Jerry Siegel, Joe Shuster, etc. all contributed to the comics I grew up reading and should get a little respect. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with Stan as the narrator on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends and read the Marvel Bullpen he wrote in every Marvel comic so I recognize the influence and presence he had. Just a little messed up to me that he gets all the credit. People think Stan created Captain America for Zod's sake.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 06:32 PM   #6
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Yeah, I'm probably just a crotchety old guy because I feel like Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Bob Kane, Bill Finger, Jerry Siegel, Joe Shuster, etc. all contributed to the comics I grew up reading and should get a little respect.
A Bob Kane statue? Hell, no.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:21 AM   #7
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Their previous pieces probably sold enough to warrant this new one.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:51 AM   #8
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Stan also has a fairly distinct and recognizable look, with those tinted glasses and slicked back hair...I'm sure that plays a big part in his marketability.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote