Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #11
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
If they want to keep their best and most important licence and reach the estimated 500 ES, this would be and better be under 600$
I hope so. I have a feeling it's gonna be expensive. We'll see.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #12
z28barry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I already know it's going to be out of my reach at 1/4 scale.
At 1/6 it would still be bigger then the previous offering and within my grasp.
z28barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #13
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

The cost is one thing but the biggest problem for me is the size and space. 1/4 is ok for a single figure in museum pose I guess but more than one and with any kind of a base at all should be 1/6 IMO.

I'm afraid they may find out the hard way that Frazetta isn't comic book where you have literally millions of fans and collectors. There are a lot of Frazetta fans to be sure but how many of them collect statues? and of those how many can or are willing to afford $600 to $1000 more than once or twice? How many have room for several of these 32" tall with 28" base statues?

They will be trying to sell all of these to the same 250 guys I think. The Barbarian and Death Dealer might sell more but I doubt the others will. I'm afraid Monster out of Time will really have a tough go. Croc will be like 6' long and cost will be outrageous and not really one of Frazettas Iconic works.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #14
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
The cost is one thing but the biggest problem for me is the size and space. 1/4 is ok for a single figure in museum pose I guess but more than one and with any kind of a base at all should be 1/6 IMO.

I'm afraid they may find out the hard way that Frazetta isn't comic book where you have literally millions of fans and collectors. There are a lot of Frazetta fans to be sure but how many of them collect statues? and of those how many can or are willing to afford $600 to $1000 more than once or twice? How many have room for several of these 32" tall with 28" base statues?

They will be trying to sell all of these to the same 250 guys I think. The Barbarian and Death Dealer might sell more but I doubt the others will. I'm afraid Monster out of Time will really have a tough go. Croc will be like 6' long and cost will be outrageous and not really one of Frazettas Iconic works.
I agree! Yet I hope were wrong.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

There are hundreds of Frazetta fans and even them hesitate buying a 15$ art print .Imagine a 600-1000$ statue.Better be under 600 for the statue fans and for sure the Frazetta fans won't touch these statues with a huge price tag.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #16
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

If it's more than $600 I'm definitely out. I hope this one will have a better paint job than the one made by Moore.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #17
travis
A.I.M.

I just repainted my DD and Barbarian. Gotta think long as hard about these. Flex paying might help.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #18
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
If it's more than $600 I'm definitely out. I hope this one will have a better paint job than the one made by Moore.
ARH stated that with the exception of the dioramas (Warrior, Destroyer and Tarzan) the single pieces like Barbarian and Death Dealer would be about the same price as Ares which is $600 plus shipping.

I'm pretty sure the paint will be better then the factory Moore statue.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
ARH stated that with the exception of the dioramas (Warrior, Destroyer and Tarzan) the single pieces like Barbarian and Death Dealer would be about the same price as Ares which is $600 plus shipping.

I'm pretty sure the paint will be better then the factory Moore statue.
Yes this is what he told me as well. Needless to say we are incredibly excited about this opportunity. The history and importance of these paintings is not lost on me. I stated it elsewhere but I realize the huge shoes I have to fill with Moore and Bowen as my predecessors. We are doing everything we can to keep quality up and keep the pieces affordable. I will be traveling to Arahom's studio to personally assist with the molding and casting of these pieces. The paint of course is equally important. One thing that we are already discussing is making sure that the final sculpts have decent textures on them so the paint will grab and give a matte effect. We don't want any unnecessary glossiness. We will do everything in our power to bring you the most epic Frazetta statues possible.
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #20
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Yes this is what he told me as well. Needless to say we are incredibly excited about this opportunity. The history and importance of these paintings is not lost on me. I stated it elsewhere but I realize the huge shoes I have to fill with Moore and Bowen as my predecessors. We are doing everything we can to keep quality up and keep the pieces affordable. I will be traveling to Arahom's studio to personally assist with the molding and casting of these pieces. The paint of course is equally important. One thing that we are already discussing is making sure that the final sculpts have decent textures on them so the paint will grab and give a matte effect. We don't want any unnecessary glossiness. We will do everything in our power to bring you the most epic Frazetta statues possible.

Well I am convinced it is in good hands, have been waiting for these in 1/4 scale forever. I hope you guys have seen the Paul Moore Paint jobs of the Clay's Conan, if you deliver something like that , these will fly off the shelf.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote