Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 05-25-2005, 02:52 AM   #1
Mugsy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

"How To" DVDs/Vids For Sculpting?

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of figure sculpting tutorials on DVD.

Thanks.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:54 AM   #2
LarsAnders77

The gnomon workshop has a great series, a bit expensive though. Sculpting the face, the marquette and making the armature.

Lars
LarsAnders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
Bengalslair
U talkin' to me?

Have not seen the gnomon dvd yet...all though I would like to...I started out with Wayne "the Dane" Hansen videos (www.waynethedane.bizland.com). He has several that go into great depth one is 16 hours worth. They are a great start, and the cost is less. The quality is some what lacking because they are basically home videos, but it well worth it for the information. Also, you might want to check out Mark Alfrey's video (anybody notice the editing error height spelled hieght in sculpting a nude figure). That can be found at www.sculpt.com among other videos.

-Rick
Bengalslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:05 PM   #4
Mugsy

Thanks fellas! I'm getting The Dane's DVD next week! He sent me an email letting me know he had it on DVD. I am gonna have FUN!
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
popeye

YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! Wayne has great videos...and GET ALFREY's DVDS!!!!!!

They are incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sculpting the Human Head
Sculpting movie Monsters
Sculpting the nude figure
Sculpting in WED clay
Old 03-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
Hobsend1
Doh!

Exclamation Adam Beane Instructional DVD, and "Cx5" Sculpting Wax...

Check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ulpture-videos

The sooner he reaches his set goal of pledges, the sooner he'll make his instructional videos, and FINALLY MAKE HIS "CX5" SCULPTING WAX PUBLICLY AVAILABLE!!! His wax looks fantastic, and his sculptures are even better.

It looks like his instructional videos will be well worth it. But, he needs the capital to do it. Currently, (March 12th, 2011, 10:53pm EST, in USA), he is already just over three-quarters of the way to his proposed pledge goal. And, he still has officially 25 days left till the proposed deadline. If enough people pledge, to reach, (and/or excede), the pledge goal as soon as possible, it will show him just how badly we REALLY WANT his instructional videos, and HIS "CX5" WAX. Which will encourage him to GET THEM RELEASED AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!!

I'm eager to see this happen. (Hopefully, you will be, too!) So, if you can, please pledge whatever you can, to help make this a reality. Or, at least, if you can not afford to pledge, please pass this message on to whomever else you might think would be interested.

Thanks, in advance. And, I appologize if this comes across as SPAM. That's not my intention. I just REALLY want this DVD and WAX, myself. And, if spreading the word helps make it a reality, then I'm going to spread the word as much as I can.

-Hob
Hobsend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:43 AM   #7
mrclean08
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobsend1 View Post
Check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ulpture-videos

The sooner he reaches his set goal of pledges, the sooner he'll make his instructional videos, and FINALLY MAKE HIS "CX5" SCULPTING WAX PUBLICLY AVAILABLE!!! His wax looks fantastic, and his sculptures are even better.

It looks like his instructional videos will be well worth it. But, he needs the capital to do it. Currently, (March 12th, 2011, 10:53pm EST, in USA), he is already just over three-quarters of the way to his proposed pledge goal. And, he still has officially 25 days left till the proposed deadline. If enough people pledge, to reach, (and/or excede), the pledge goal as soon as possible, it will show him just how badly we REALLY WANT his instructional videos, and HIS "CX5" WAX. Which will encourage him to GET THEM RELEASED AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!!

I'm eager to see this happen. (Hopefully, you will be, too!) So, if you can, please pledge whatever you can, to help make this a reality. Or, at least, if you can not afford to pledge, please pass this message on to whomever else you might think would be interested.

Thanks, in advance. And, I appologize if this comes across as SPAM. That's not my intention. I just REALLY want this DVD and WAX, myself. And, if spreading the word helps make it a reality, then I'm going to spread the word as much as I can.

-Hob
I feel like Adam Beane's sculpting DVD project is in limbo. The DVD's have been delayed a couple times and last I heard he was expecting them to be out in August and it is already October. No tangible updates have been given in months and it doesn't seem like he is updating his blog either.

I hate to think that this guy accepted $19,000 worth of donations and isn't going to give people what he promised.
mrclean08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i emailed adam beane through his website. i'll let you guys know if i get a response. i'm sure he'll come through but this delay does suck.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
Spazzy
Hercules

yeah, waiting on it too, last I heard it was in editing I believe.....that would be a d**k move if he took it and ran, but doubt it, anyone get a sample of the clay yet? I just went for the dvd.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I got an email from him recently saying the project is still on course but no specific timeline was given.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote