Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 09-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

100% Original Character Sculpts

(I'm new to the forum. I hope this is the right place to put this..If not, please direct me and Ill just join the established discussion. I searched and couldn't find anything regarding this particular subject....)

Any one else here with an insane imagination and a knack for drawing that have their own world full of original characters? Have you ever commissioned a sculpt based on your character? If so, please share! Considering im new at collecting having discovered the awesome world of sculps, I'm excited about the possibilities. I look forward to having some of my guys done in sculpt.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
GedTasker
Home Grown Mod

Get some clay and start sculpting mate!!

Most people I've met who can draw take to sculpting incredibly well... go for it!!
GedTasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Dark Logic

Exactly....we are learning. But Ive got a ways to go before my own sculpts meet the standards Id pay money for...lol...I want my characters done by a master so I can display them today. Not in the years it will take for me to become a master. I wish I was that good ...maybe one day
Old 09-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
Dark Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GedTasker View Post
Get some clay and start sculpting mate!!

Most people I've met who can draw take to sculpting incredibly well... go for it!!
Another thing..Im fairly new to the forum, and It could be that I don't know my way around very well, but I hardly see anyone here having original character sculps done...Im deep into the licensed established characters just as much as the next guy but considering this is such an imagination based hobby, I would have thought guys would be out of the wood works with original sculpt commissions or there own work.. If you know of any old posts with original work, could you point me in the right direction. I asked the mods but they have not responded.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #5
Bartleby
Doh!

Hi,

I am doing my very own character sculpts (and sell them through my website), a small selection is presented in my thread. But there are some other artists here in this forum too. You'd have to search through the FROM OUR BENCH thread.

Hope that helps
Cheers!