Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-01-2015, 04:42 AM   #651
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

If memory serves in Genisys the Endos weren't chrome.........although I could be wrong as I slept through most of it.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #652
clutch
Sailor Moon

In all fairness, the pics on Chronicles website look just like the ones taken by customers. If you look, there aren't any chrome like reflections. If I had ordered based solely on the prototype, then I would have been a little miffed but I realize it was probably painted here with a lot more tlc. All these statue companies rarely produce final products that look like their prototypes. You guys know you are nervous about that Vampirella coming out. Lol!

I was a little shocked by those last round of customer photos but after thinking about it, there is no screw up or deception about the finish. You are getting exactly what you were told you were getting.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:22 AM   #653
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
In all fairness, the pics on Chronicles website look just like the ones taken by customers. If you look, there aren't any chrome like reflections. If I had ordered based solely on the prototype, then I would have been a little miffed but I realize it was probably painted here with a lot more tlc. All these statue companies rarely produce final products that look like their prototypes. You guys know you are nervous about that Vampirella coming out. Lol!

I was a little shocked by those last round of customer photos but after thinking about it, there is no screw up or deception about the finish. You are getting exactly what you were told you were getting.
i agree to a certain extent. they have always said no chrome but any other issues that come up are valid.

like i said earlier, way too early to judge.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #654
darkmummy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

But I guess all the collectors want "movie accurate" instead of "prototype pics accruate".
I'm not expert here to tell which technique they used for the movies, but it looks like shiny chromed not gray color with reflection.
And since Chronicle collctibles always advertise themselves for being able to bring the most screen accurate products to public, I guess the paint application shall be included.

Is the Chronicle endoskull looks closed to those shots? I don't think so.
darkmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #655
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmummy View Post
But I guess all the collectors want "movie accurate" instead of "prototype pics accruate".
I'm not expert here to tell which technique they used for the movies, but it looks like shiny chromed not gray color with reflection.
And since Chronicle collctibles always advertise themselves for being able to bring the most screen accurate products to public, I guess the paint application shall be included.

Is the Chronicle endoskull looks closed to those shots? I don't think so.
again while i agree, we need to stop posting pics of a 7500 dollar piece made and painted in USA.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #656
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

A few people are posting these pics because some people have order the 7500 Endo that is made in the US and they want to make sure the paint does not look like the bust, but we have not heard and confirmation of this.
chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #657
darkmummy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Sideshow managed to get their endoskull and endoskeleton the same finish level and they all has shiny chrome look. And they all were made in China. So the reasons neither from price point nor where they are made in make no sense at all.
Btw, you just admit that chronicle seems couldn't even be able to make consistence finish between their endoskull and endoskeleton.
darkmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #658
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Sideshows 'shiney chrome' was heavily flawed. That's why they covered it in a heavy black wash and re-released it as battle damage.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:32 PM   #659
clutch
Sailor Moon

That is incorrect. I cleaned a battle damaged one and it was pretty much flawless.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #660
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
That is incorrect. I cleaned a battle damaged one and it was pretty much flawless.
so just reissued left overs from the 1st release disguised as a "new" product.

yeah that's better.......