Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #11
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
so I'm not really sure what happened but to me this whole final season has just went off the tracks and become a giant bore. Started strong, and fizzled out...

all I can say is that I'm happy this is ending this weekend so I can move on from it. It just seems like no one in the series puts any effort into their roles anymore (aside from Angel)

Its bad when the "main" bad guy for the season is the best acted character even when he's doing a relatively mediocre job at best.

The only good thing is that since I've already mentally written off this show, the ending could be as lame as it wants and I won't mind.

If Dex doesn't die something is wrong with the creators. A serial killer cannot just walk away after all these years and live happily ever after
Boooooo. This season has been ramping up for Sunday. I'd hate to see Dexter die. I certainly don't want him getting caught on Hannah's behalf or because of her. I think he's pretty much in the clear on the serial killer thing, that's pretty much over with. He may get caught when Vogels son shows up last episode. Keep in mind, Dexter is no ordinary serial killer, he's the best! Really gonna miss this show.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
Spideristic
Kingpin

Dexter Art Print by Nithin Rao Kumblekar | Society6

In time to commemorate the series finale, a Dexter art print by my friend Nithin Rao.

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
Simplyrob

Tonight has been on my mind for years. So dont want it to end. Hope everything works out alright. Damn.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
so I'm not really sure what happened but to me this whole final season has just went off the tracks and become a giant bore. Started strong, and fizzled out...

Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

In the words of comic book guy:
Worst...Episode...Ever!

At least I'm happy for Dexter. After 8 long seasons he finally fulfilled his lifelong dream of becoming a logger
What a joke
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
Underdog07
Hercules

D U M B
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #17
MrYac
Hercules

not exactly the ending I saw coming, if they just left it with him driving into the storm I think it would've been more impactful instead of him as a lumberjack abandoning his child in a foreign country with a woman he's known less then a year
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:23 AM   #18
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not exactly the ending I saw coming, if they just left it with him driving into the storm I think it would've been more impactful instead of him as a lumberjack abandoning his child in a foreign country with a woman he's known less then a year
How did you not see that coming? I watched every episode and this is clearly the ending that dexter deserved....After watching this finale I think I am going to hug and kiss some poisonous snakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16OAzhedY8g&sns=em
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #19
Simplyrob

Damn. On one hand, glad he survived. I had hoped he wouldn't ever die, but, isnt he dead on the inside? A lifeless body stacking logs? I kinda feel cheated. I understand him wanting to stay away from those he loved, due to them all dying. Sending Hannah off with Harrison was lame. I also don't get why Dexter would dump Deb where he dumped all the asses he sliced up the past 8 years. Couldn't he of just pulled the plug and leave her be with a proper funeral and burial? How disrespectful. I loved the ending to Lost, this one sucked. So many different ways they could've written this ending.

I'm so sick of crappy television. BB is written perfectly, this show has been hit or miss over the years. I really enjoy the character of Dexter and this season strayed so far from that in the sense that they tried to change the character. Why? Everyone loved the serial killer so they made him not a serial killer. How stupid can you get?

Time for me to put my lifelong passion and schooling to work. I'm going to write a show that keeps people's attention from beginning to end. I'm gonna layout a few seasons with the end in sight when I start. No more of this letdown finale crap, have seen it happen so many times over my life. My show is gonna end with a bang.

Stupid Showtime.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:30 AM   #20
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I also don't get why Dexter would dump Deb where he dumped all the asses he sliced up the past 8 years. Couldn't he of just pulled the plug and leave her be with a proper funeral and burial? How disrespectful.
was thinking the same thing, could not figure out why in the world he dumped her in the ocean, it's not like she ever expressed any kind of connection with the sea like Dex himself does, seems lt would've been much better to just leave her so her friends wouldn't always be wondering what the hell happened to her
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote