Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #81
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

He didn't need to run interference though because Travis and his family were already in front of them running point. He should've been bringing up the rear keeping his daughter and wife between them and him and in his sight at all times to defend them if need be. But hey, everyone reacts differently. I just thought it was a boneheaded move and a convieniant way for them to have their first injured member who would eventually become a liability and turn due to an injury.

As for the flashlights. What's the point of closing the blinds then? So you don't attract attention to yourself as you stand in the window right? So why close them if you're going to then shine a spotlight out of them attracting the same attention you're trying to avoid by leaving them open?

Again this is all just my opinion on how to handle yourself in a situation like this based on what they've seen so far. It has nothing to do with my knowledge of what they're dealing with bigger picture.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #82
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I tend to agree with Hellboy regarding this show. Too many people doing bone headed things to keep my interest. After watching this latest episode, I think I am done with the show. For me it's a missed opportunity to make a compelling prequel to TWD.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #83
MrYac
Hercules

well to be fair they have a damn hard time making a compelling TWD on it's own most of the time...
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #84
whd
Suicide Squad

Overall I've been enjoying the show. Many of the characters make bad choices, but that's to be expected from a horror series. Mostly the family seems to be in denial about what they see happening, which makes sense to me. I really enjoyed the scene where the father took the garbage down to the street, indicating that he doesn't see this as the zombie apocalypse it is and things will all return to business as usual eventually.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:31 AM   #85
johnclone
The Enchantress

first reaction after this week's episode: ugggh.

I truly want to like this show, but now it seems they're making it very difficult to do so. This was episode 4 of a 6 episode season, so wherever the story is headed, it is now moving quickly to what will probably be some cliffhangers. But I find that whatever suspense or drama they are building on feels empty somehow, and that almost all of the characters are starting to irritate me in some way. Plus, there were some new characters introduced tonight, but they are all one dimensional jerks.

And were there any actual moving walkers in this episode? I don't recall any, but I did change the channel a couple of times during commercials. I don't mean to sound overly critical, just starting to feel disappointed. Am not bailing on the show though, at this point, I'll keep watching out of curiosity to see where exactly this is headed.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #86
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
So far I'm finding the series pretty average to below average after 3 episodes.

Beyond what we know vs what they know I still find a lot of the decisions being made by this group to be pretty moronic and devoid of common sense, and this last episode was the absolute worst.
  • what kind of husband runs in front of his wife as they're fleeing an angry mob?
  • quick! Close the blinds but keep shining the flashlights out the window as you peer into the yard
  • lets play Monopoly instead of getting more supplies and weapons together
  • lets open the door to let the dog in and then leave it open as if there is nothing to worry about
  • maybe we should go get the neighbor's shotgun now that we're done playing Monopoly
  • hey let's take the time to dig a grave in the backyard cuz we aren't leaving until morning
  • lets clean the kitchen too and don't forget to put the Monopoly game away
  • I have an aversion to guns so don't teach my whiney son to defend himself
  • two neighbors have attacked me but I've still got my headphones on as I go outside to leave my house

I could go on but you get the point.

I was hoping the characters would start to grow on me but I'm finding I like every one of them less with each episode. Not a single relatable character to root for in the group. Not that any of them are unrealistic, they're just not interesting because they're too stereotypical outside of the addict son.
Damn you killed me, red
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #87
johnclone
The Enchantress

SCENES FROM NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE:

More riots!

Nick's back in rehab and nobody cares

Walkers finally attack!

Food becomes limited!!!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #88
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I tend to agree with Hellboy regarding this show. Too many people doing bone headed things to keep my interest. After watching this latest episode, I think I am done with the show. For me it's a missed opportunity to make a compelling prequel to TWD.
I think not showing exactly how the virus began was probably the biggest mistake the show could have made, because if they started there, we'd be in a government research facility seeing interesting things like in World War Z. And there'd be interesting people instead of just viewing this family.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #89
jinkazama
Cobra Command

They should change the title of this show to ''FEAR THE BOREDOM THIS SHOW WILL CAUSE YOU WHEN WATCHING IT''...
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #90
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

With 2 episodes left and given the current situation of the main characters I think I can safely say this series is a huge missed opportunity to actually show society falling apart and the walkers overwhelming the population. Instead all this seems to be happening off camera while the narrative focuses on a bunch of uninteresting characters in a controlled environment continuing with the theme already established in TWD that it's actually the living that pose the biggest threat, not the walking dead.

So we get to see a few people turn, some urban rioting and then the military moves in with what appears to be systematic executions and rounding potential threats into what I'm assuming will be containment camps. There are probably some interesting things happening in the city but we'd never know it because we're to busy watching things like an addict floating in a dirty swimming pool, a neighborhood grief counselor jogging as if it's just another day in suburbia and a grunt trying to get in a girl's pants instead of running patrol.

World War Z was mentioned and one of the things it did so well was show how intelligent people with decent survival instincts reacted to the outbreak. Looting stores for supplies, commanderring practical vehicles, making split second life or death decisions, obtaining weapons to protect yourself and your loved ones. Basically people trying to escape heavily populated areas where the infestation was absorbing the living at an alarming rate. Unfortunately they've failed to create any sense of immanent danger like that with this series.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote