Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-12-2022, 09:46 AM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Question Is Sideshow now unviable for European Collectors.

So i got my Capt PF and its a great piece. But the sting in the tail was the shipping and import taxes.

Shipping: 162 Euro
Import Taxes: 225 Euro

So on top of the statue and the Dollar/Euro crash the guts of 400 Euro just to have this in the collection.

Just got a shipping quote for Thor and its 199 Euro and probably 240 Euro import taxes on top of this.

I think i am at the stage where it is no longer worth buying direct from SS even with points.

A luxury I know but its sad times.

Last edited by Bullseye; 10-12-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:50 AM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

Well I don’t buy direct from SS anymore either and I’m in the states. Art prints would be the only thing I would get direct from SS now.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:25 AM   #3
Shoo
Hercules

I have two Tweeterhead pieces pending because I needed the Ex versions, and then, back in December 31, I was forced to use all my amassed reward points because, as we know, I would have lost most of them otherwise.

I decided to use my almost $1200 on Prime 1's expensive 1:3 Jungle Hunter Pred and now I'm dreading the day they ship it, as Sideshow always declares full price in spite of what we actually paid and, well, what with that, at least two big, heavy boxes, the ridiculous taxes on my end and the current state of euro vs. dollar, it'll be a huge economic blow.

According to my calculations, I may very well end up actually paying for the whole thing (not counting reward points) what it would cost me to buy it locally. And again, I used almost $1200 in RP on it. It's nuts.

So yes, unless Tweeterhead keeps making EX items I can't miss, I can't see myself ever buying direct from SSC again. I now have about $200 in rewards, and I guess by the time the year ends I'll order perhaps a print for the first time, provided there's one available I really like, or, I don't know, a Hot Toys figure or an Iron Studios 1:10 piece. And even so I'll consider long and hard whether that'll be worth it or not.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
Gothamite
Phoenix

If you have to ask, the answer is probably yes.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #5
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I have two Tweeterhead pieces pending because I needed the Ex versions, and then, back in December 31, I was forced to use all my amassed reward points because, as we know, I would have lost most of them otherwise.

I decided to use my almost $1200 on Prime 1's expensive 1:3 Jungle Hunter Pred and now I'm dreading the day they ship it, as Sideshow always declares full price in spite of what we actually paid and, well, what with that, at least two big, heavy boxes, the ridiculous taxes on my end and the current state of euro vs. dollar, it'll be a huge economic blow.

According to my calculations, I may very well end up actually paying for the whole thing (not counting reward points) what it would cost me to buy it locally. And again, I used almost $1200 in RP on it. It's nuts.

So yes, unless Tweeterhead keeps making EX items I can't miss, I can't see myself ever buying direct from SSC again. I now have about $200 in rewards, and I guess by the time the year ends I'll order perhaps a print for the first time, provided there's one available I really like, or, I don't know, a Hot Toys figure or an Iron Studios 1:10 piece. And even so I'll consider long and hard whether that'll be worth it or not.
For planning purposes it will be 3 boxes.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:55 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

@Bullseye
Put yourself in my shoes.
Juggernaut Maquette $1500.00
Shipping $381.34
30% Import fee $450.00

I am on the verge of cancelling the pre_order.
I will wait until the end of October to make up my mind.
If i cancel, i loose $143.77 USD NRD

-

On the subject of unviable/viable there are deals to be had online from ebay, other stores. Australia tends to offer some great deals from time to time, and for some reason, shipping can be half that of Sideshow's international shipping?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:56 AM   #7
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
For planning purposes it will be 3 boxes.
Damn. That's why I said "at least two boxes". I'm almost hoping it will be delayed long enough for me to somehow get my RP back. Sigh.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:56 AM   #8
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Canadians are in the same boat. Shipping is double of our US counterparts. We also don't get free shipping offers or any of those extras.

In addition to that, as you mention, are taxes and duties.

My Prime 1 Jungle Hunter cost almost $800 to ship to me.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #9
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Juggernaut Maquette $1500.00
Shipping $381.34
How many boxes?
Old 10-12-2022, 10:59 AM   #10
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
How many boxes?
No idea. Maybe Jug's ships in 2 boxes? ..or one very big box?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote