Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-16-2016, 03:53 AM   #101
gomur
The Tick

Yeah, Iceman would've been the last X-Man before the mutant blockade. Makes sense that he's first up on their return.

Erick has done Beast for Bowen, but I wouldn't object to another Henry McCoy. I'd love to see a beefier version to go with his Kotos.

And everyone wants Jubilation Lee. Clear/colorful resin for her energy fireworks please!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:33 AM   #102
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Oh what did Erick post? I would be happy with Beast.
I would like him upside-down in a cool stance maybe equipped with his techy back pack

jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:42 PM   #103
jansen

It does make sense to release this one first

[/QUOTE]
Old 04-23-2016, 09:14 PM   #104
isDatUcollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It doesn't seem that way with koto if I understood Erick's recent comment in his Facebook page when someone asked this question.
Quote:
Erick~ Any chance we will see Koto Danger Room releases of the remaining X-Men: Iceman, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Prof X?
Erick's reply was
Quote:
Not likely from what I have heard
I really hope I just misunderstood his reply. Maybe his reply was just for the 6 drs statues in question, the whole drs line or maybe not. I hope we get hints of future releases soon.
isDatUcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:25 PM   #105
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

As much as I love this x-men line, I would also love to see kotobukiya expand on new ones, who knows maybe they don't want to be like everyone else and do x-men right now? Maybe that's why they have been so quite on the subject? Idk. I would love to see more marvel characters though, you have the guardians of the galaxy, more avengers, the defenders, so many possibilities for new fine art characters as well.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:46 PM   #106
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
As much as I love this x-men line, I would also love to see kotobukiya expand on new ones, who knows maybe they don't want to be like everyone else and do x-men right now? Maybe that's why they have been so quite on the subject? Idk. I would love to see more marvel characters though, you have the guardians of the galaxy, more avengers, the defenders, so many possibilities for new fine art characters as well.
Ditto.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:23 AM   #107
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Blasphemy!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:04 AM   #108
Jokerbone
Justice League

The fine arts lines don't get nearly as much attention as their artFX and bishoujo's. It just sounds like it's not as profitable or the ROI is so drawn out that it's not worth their investment in time to truly support it.

Whatever it is, it feels torturous to those of us that do have an interest, because releases and announcements are so far apart. I understand Kotobukiya does a lot of different things, but unfortunately, the fine arts line doesn't seem like a big cash cow for them.

At this point, I have to turn my attention to XM's insane diorama. The debate though is whether I cherry pick to try to complete my display, or just go all in.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:50 AM   #109
jansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
I do see your point, however I personally don't want to start another team, strongly due to the fact that companies don't complete their current roster and you are left hanging with an incomplete collection.

So if they decide to do the Inhumans for example...
You may get Black bolt, Medusa, Krystal, Maximus the Mad, and then what if they turn around and say "hey we are now going to only concentrate in releasing another line, this time consisting solely in Asgardians

Then you are left without the following members of the Inhuman royal family. Too bad for Triton, Karnak, Gorgan, & Lockjaw.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:04 AM   #110
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansen View Post
I do see your point, however I personally don't want to start another team, strongly due to the fact that companies don't complete their current roster and you are left hanging with an incomplete collection.

So if they decide to do the Inhumans for example...
You may get Black bolt, Medusa, Krystal, Maximus the Mad, and then what if they turn around and say "hey we are now going to only concentrate in releasing another line, this time consisting solely in Asgardians

Then you are left without the following members of the Inhuman royal family. Too bad for Triton, Karnak, Gorgan, & Lockjaw.
Exactly, this is another issue. I belive most collectors like to have the complete team, but unfortunately like you stated most companies never get around to it. I also belive what joker bone was saying as well. The fine art line has lost it's steam, it has slowed alot. Also I don't really believe it is making as much as it was for kotobukiya anymore, compared to the more affordable artfx and other smaller lines.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote