Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-07-2017, 05:35 PM   #61
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That awful music definitely didn't help. It should compliment the visuals, not distract you from the on screen action. Look at the Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarock teasers or The Punisher trailer on Netflix for examples of how to incorporate modern day music into trailers correctly.
This is aimed at a younger demographic which means there is a high chance it's gonna be Shyte.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:58 AM   #62
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

i just wanna see some giant robots kicking Kaiju ass in daylight
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:55 PM   #63
junta
Fantastic Four

The Jaegers don't feel epic. They're too light on their feet and look more like people in suits that giant robots. For someone who wanted a sequel, I am very disappointed in what this trailer is showing me.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:04 AM   #64
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by junta View Post
The Jaegers don't feel epic. They're too light on their feet and look more like people in suits that giant robots. For someone who wanted a sequel, I am very disappointed in what this trailer is showing me.
Yeah the Jaegers in the first movie felt more epic... I think it was the way they framed the shots and camera placement, it felt more real and made the Jaegers look more intimidating.. Something with the sequel looks off, more like cut scenes in a video game then a epic movie.

Also in the first movie the Jaegers moved like huge mega ton machinery, slow and mechanical like, the trailer for the new movie looks like someone in a robot suit moving around... They lost that mechanical feel/look to the jaegers when they moved, doesn't help their doing martial art moves..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:09 PM   #65
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah the Jaegers in the first movie felt more epic... I think it was the way they framed the shots and camera placement, it felt more real and made the Jaegers look more intimidating.. Something with the sequel looks off, more like cut scenes in a video game then a epic movie.

Also in the first movie the Jaegers moved like huge mega ton machinery, slow and mechanical like, the trailer for the new movie looks like someone in a robot suit moving around... They lost that mechanical feel/look to the jaegers when they moved, doesn't help their doing martial art moves..

A pretty good assessment.

I went to Pacific Rim Uprising today. I enjoyed it too. However, I loved the first film, and this one is not as good. It was still the kind of film I love, and I'll definitely own it on Blu Ray, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to do well, which is sad, because I'd love to see a third film made.

TO Built2Shred's point, the Jaegers in the first film just looked epic...like giant robots. Del Toro's eye for detail, and exacting methods ensured that they looked and felt like 300 foot tall monoliths moving around. They do look much more "video game like" in their movements, as well as their overall slickness...but, I still loved this movie anyway. I feel like we're all getting so saturated with so many movies in the genres we love like comic book movies, sci-fi movies, and giant monster movies, that it's just getting d@mn hard to please us all. This is an escape for a couple of hours to watch giant creatures do battle.

I think back to the people in suits stomping around in King Kong vs Godzilla, and how much I loved that as a kid, and the way we all had to utilize our imaginations to bridge the gap we knew was there when watching this type of movie and what they had to do to represent it. Now a days, we have no patience for anything but perfection in our movies, or our own perceived opinion of perfection. My advice for anyone considering this movie is to go in without high expectations, and just let it happen. Maybe you'll still hate it, but it is what it is. A Saturday morning cartoon brought to life in a live action world. I thought it was a fun getaway for a few hours.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:36 PM   #66
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

So are all the Jaegers in this film part of the same class type (i.e Mark V or higher)? The different classes in the first film also contributed to their movement (ie. Striker Eureka (faster/slicker)-MKV vs Cherno Alpha(Slower/Bulkier) -MK1)
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:44 AM   #67
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Planning on seeing this but based on the trailers I’m thinking the biggest problem I’m going to have with the film is the actual movement of the Jaegers. Based on the trailers their actions are too fluid given their size which diminishes the larger than life feel established in the first film. I loved that epic robots vs. monsters confrontation with destruction on a massive scale. This still feels a bit too Power Rangers to me. Hope I’m wrong.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:03 AM   #68
built2shred
Phoenix

Finally got around to seeing this, it was better then I thought it would be but the story was a bit on the weak side. Overall I'd rate it 6.5/10
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote