Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #3101
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah, not doing codes during SDCC? That seems like a fail. You keep raising prices and the only reason I bought one of them recently was because I built up a ton of reward points. Give people who are willing to be marketed to a bone. The amount of pieces they still have in stock compared to a few years ago seems a bit much as well. I feel like they priced themselves out of the market because they were trying to stay ahead of the secondary market. Limiting the reward points aren’t going to help move those items. And now that there is some competition with other companies who are pricing similarly but are putting out a superior product (I’m looking at you, Prime 1, Iron Studios, Tweeterhead, and Blitzway), you have to be able to give collectors a reason why to buy these things. Reward points represent a token of loyalty to your brand. If you limit that, why should I still buy Sideshow products?

And I also agree; the overselling, especially with some of these vids from the floor, feels inauthentic. When Susan was promoting the brand, she rarely felt like a shill. There was a genuineness to her presentation... as much as you can since her main job was to sell the product. There needs to be a balance. Like Anna does a really good job presenting Court of the Dead items. She fees genuine. Same with Igo.

Crap, did I just become a Sideshow hater? Dammit! That was the last thing I wanted to be. I still love the pieces in my collection. I just feel like they’ve lost the plot recently.
Bill Lehecka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #3102
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Double post. Weird.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:03 PM   #3103
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Yeah, not doing codes during SDCC? That seems like a fail. You keep raising prices and the only reason I bought one of them recently was because I built up a ton of reward points. Give people who are willing to be marketed to a bone. The amount of pieces they still have in stock compared to a few years ago seems a bit much as well. I feel like they priced themselves out of the market because they were trying to stay ahead of the secondary market. Limiting the reward points aren’t going to help move those items. And now that there is some competition with other companies who are pricing similarly but are putting out a superior product (I’m looking at you, Prime 1, Iron Studios, Tweeterhead, and Blitzway), you have to be able to give collectors a reason why to buy these things. Reward points represent a token of loyalty to your brand. If you limit that, why should I still buy Sideshow products?

And I also agree; the overselling, especially with some of these vids from the floor, feels inauthentic. When Susan was promoting the brand, she rarely felt like a shill. There was a genuineness to her presentation... as much as you can since her main job was to sell the product. There needs to be a balance. Like Anna does a really good job presenting Court of the Dead items. She fees genuine. Same with Igo.

Crap, did I just become a Sideshow hater? Dammit! That was the last thing I wanted to be. I still love the pieces in my collection. I just feel like they’ve lost the plot recently.
Totally agree.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:46 PM   #3104
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
OK kids, it's the second most wonderful time of the statue collecting year next to Spooktacular... Comic Con International! We'll be getting reveals, but also we're going to be getting several sweet reward point codes, no doubt.

So let's remind everyone of the guidelines that help everyone here collect rewards points with gusto. I'm just a regular poster, and I have no authority here, but I've found that more people get to enjoy reward point drops if a couple of guidelines are followed.

1) The Codes Only thread is only for Reward Points. Try to avoid posting coupons or deals... Those aren't Reward Points. Reward Points never expire and can be accumulated to purchase anything. Coupons usually are for one specific item and expire. Know the difference, and you'll be loved here.

2) Try to keep the Codes Only thread to JUST REWARD POINT CODES. A few people here subscribe to that thread when a new post is made and get an e-mail notification. If you post things like "These points stink because they expire too quickly" or go "These points have expired, and for what? 2 measly bucks?!?!?!" they send e-mails out to everyone subscribed and they won't get follow up e-mails until they read the thread. The e-mail sub method helps key people in on new reward point drops so they can act quickly, since these codes usually only last for 5-10 minutes. If a code does expire, let the person who posted the code first edit their post to say Expired. You don't have to tell everyone after the fact.

3) If you want to help out and post Reward Point Codes to the thread, GREAT! However, to help everyone out, please read the thread before posting codes. There might be a good chance someone like myself or other Reward Point hunters have already posted the code. So just make sure before you post to check because multiple posts do trigger the e-mail sub.

4)So you have a code. GREAT! You have to enter it in your account. To do so, go here:

https://www.sideshow.com/account/rewards

And enter new reward point codes. I will suggest that you be logged in to Sideshow's website all weekend because sometimes it becomes a pain to log in because there are other reward point code hunters entering in their info.

5) Have fun! This is supposed to be a bonus. Nobody likes a complainer. Yes, the codes don't last long. Yes, the products have been going up in price. Don't feel the need to crap on people who still like to find points and collect them for future purchases. We get it. I get it (I'm still salty about Mr. Freeze being priced higher than Bane).

Have a Happy Con, kids!

I think you jinxed it.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #3105
off
The X-Men

So like four bucks in codes for Comic Con total?
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #3106
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

na

Last edited by xellos49698; 07-21-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: posted twice
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #3107
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

^sounds right. I almost never am fast enough to get the codes anyway, so it's no big lose to me.

However, for people who actually have the time to follow Sideshow, they should certainly be rewarded for there persistence.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:18 PM   #3108
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
I think you jinxed it.
Yep...
Old 07-21-2019, 11:20 PM   #3109
ComicJesus

It’s interesting because anyone that has been collecting for a while saw this coming a mile away. People who pointed out that Sideshow was getting greedy and forgot about their fans got labelled a complainer. Sideshow has started to take the fun out of collecting. Do we talk about no more contests for PFs? There’s the rising prices and edition sizes. It’s all come to a head. This is a company that is no longer fun to support.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:20 PM   #3110
ComicJesus

It’s interesting because anyone that has been collecting for a while saw this coming a mile away. People who pointed out that Sideshow was getting greedy and forgot about their fans got labelled a complainer. Sideshow has started to take the fun out of collecting. Do we talk about no more contests for PFs? There’s the rising prices and edition sizes. It’s all come to a head. This is a company that is no longer fun to support.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote