Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #1901
Tushar
Hellboy

I enjoyed Castle immensely during the first few seasons, it did derail significantly towards the end, but Fillion was always solid.

He has always seemed like someone who loves this genre. Like working on Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and lending his voice to the Halo games and GL in the DC animated movies.

I remember reading an interview of him a few years ago. This reporter asked him which superhero he'd like to play... and instead of a cliched answer, he said Booster Gold. Now that's a deep cut coming from a celebrity.

Considering that, he was perfectly suited to blow up this decade when genre movies went mainstream. For some reason, he didn't.

I always believe that if an established property is handled by people who are genuine fans of the property, it brings out the best results. Like Ryan Reynolds with Deadpool. I would've very much liked to see a Fillion project, any project, in the same vein... when he was in his prime.

Oh, well...
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #1902
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Fillion was great in Firefly/Serenity. I’ve always felt the onscreen interpretation of Star Lord/Peter Quill owes a TON to Fillion’s portrayal of Malcolm Reynolds. By extension GOTG has a heavy Firefly vide all the way around. That series was ahead of it’s time and will go down as one of the most underrated and mishandled shows by a network in history.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #1903
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Fillion was great in Firefly/Serenity. I’ve always felt the onscreen interpretation of Star Lord/Peter Quill owes a TON to Fillion’s portrayal of Malcolm Reynolds. By extension GOTG has a heavy Firefly vide all the way around. That series was ahead of it’s time and will go down as one of the most underrated and mishandled shows by a network in history.
+1000000

Although I heard rumors that Whedon was butting heads with Fox executives and that's why the show got cancelled so fast.. The show didn't have great ratings but they weren't bad either especially for a 1st season show.. I think if FOX would of let the show go on for another season ratings would of gone up, a lot of people didn't find out about the show until it was cancelled and discovered the DVD's which had big sales....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #1904
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

FOX killed the series before it even got off the ground by airing the episodes out of order. Damn near impossible for a serialized program to succeed when the network more or less sabotages it right out of the gate.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #1905
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Stranger things 2. 8/10
Old 06-08-2019, 10:20 PM   #1906
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Luther, seasons 1 - 4.

A solid 9/10. Idris Elba is great and the crime stories are just creepy as hell. The seasons are incredibly sort, though, which is the only drawback.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:55 PM   #1907
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Chernobyl 10/10, great series.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #1908
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Luther, seasons 1 - 4.

A solid 9/10. Idris Elba is great and the crime stories are just creepy as hell. The seasons are incredibly sort, though, which is the only drawback.
Started watching this last night (thanks joe). 2 episodes in and we will stick with and binge it.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #1909
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Luther, seasons 1 - 4.

Idris Elba?

LOL

I mis-read Lucifer.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:24 AM   #1910
Tushar
Hellboy

Chernobyl: 10/10

I can't believe how good this was. Makes everything else in that genre look half-assed by comparision.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote