Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2015, 11:29 PM   #21
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I got over this line before it got going. I have the queen and had two others on order, but I've since cancelled them and I'm trying to unload the queen. Unfortunately I might have to take a loss to get rid of her. Doesn't seem to be much interest for the line anymore. It's understandable too. With so much stuff coming from big licenses and so many companies, who would want to drop this kind of money on original characters? I'm not saying they aren't beautifully designed, but for most of us, I think our money is better spent elsewhere.
yep ES should have been much much lower..all less thean 1000 for sure. they definatley overestimated the popularity of the line
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:47 PM   #22
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Well it appears we are gona have alot of releases soon.. over the next four months we should be getting red death.. gal. Kier.. and oglaveil. I dont mind the delays as long as its to make the quality is high for these. Would be a shame for them to rush it just to make the deadlines and us being unhappy with the final product. I dont get how people have to talk themselves out of this line just because of some delays. Obviously this line was not for you to begin with if u lose interest over something like a delay.
Well, my first four pieces (all queenies) were garbage, so that had a lot to do with it. "SOME DELAYS", funny There is no reason why these should take 2+ years to produce. I am sure a lot of Red Death orders were cancelled and that is why they are pushing him now, close to his release. I don't think anyone mentioned rushing them, but producing them in their 1-year time frame would be nice.

I haven't seen a relation in production time to quality. Pieces that have long production times don't necessarily come out better. I think Sideshow's quality has been consistent.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:52 PM   #23
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
The full reveal, though very small, can be seen here.

https://instagram.com/p/9HMaqvLR60/
That is creepy, I like it.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:26 AM   #24
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Well, my first four pieces (all queenies) were garbage, so that had a lot to do with it. "SOME DELAYS", funny There is no reason why these should take 2+ years to produce. I am sure a lot of Red Death orders were cancelled and that is why they are pushing him now, close to his release. I don't think anyone mentioned rushing them, but producing them in their 1-year time frame would be nice.
I don't think anyone like me, who ordered and cancelled four of them would ever reorder, seeing as we lost NRD's. I won't reorder anything that I've lost an NRD. I learned my lesson and no longer pre-order anything. What's the point, since their ES' are humongous and you can buy them after release for cheaper, if you even want them. This goes for all of their products. They should retroactively refund all cancelled P.O.'s on this line due to their massive delays, but they're too greedy.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:36 AM   #25
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I don't think anyone like me, who ordered and cancelled four of them would ever reorder, seeing as we lost NRD's. I won't reorder anything that I've lost an NRD. I learned my lesson and no longer pre-order anything. What's the point, since their ES' are humongous and you can buy them after release for cheaper, if you even want them. This goes for all of their products. They should retroactively refund all cancelled P.O.'s on this line due to their massive delays, but they're too greedy.
if the item is delayed numerous times you can contact sideshow and they will refund the NRD, this has been my experience with them on the ones ive canceled.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:37 AM   #26
dechirico7
The Flash

They should just stop charging NRDs then. 90+% of their pieces are late.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #27
Vallos
Jubilee

Hear, hear!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #28
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
They should just stop charging NRDs then. 90+% of their pieces are late.
They probably look at it as free money since I imagine most people don't know to contact for refunds.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #29
Choopie
Birdman

Quote:
I haven't seen a relation in production time to quality. Pieces that have long production times don't necessarily come out better. I think Sideshow's quality has been consistent.
I agree. Delays do not equate to changes in the sculpt or an improvement of quality. There are delays because the factories, vying for business from other companies, simply can't keep to their production schedules.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #30
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

CotD was a great idea poorly executed. I was going to order Kier, but after receiving my QotD (and going through the replacement rigamarole), I've given up on any future purchases of this line.

Long lead times, poor quality control and large edition numbers are no way to generate interest in a completely new product line.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote