Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-09-2019, 01:05 AM   #81
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Great. So where is the design book that provides this information? I mean, c'mon, these are "facts" you're giving us. Surely there's some written record of these "facts"?
I told you, read the classics. Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Flaubert, Balzac, Gogol etc You will have your answers.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:12 AM   #82
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I told you, read the classics. Dostoyevky, Tolstoy, Flaubert, Balzac, Gogol etc You will have your answers.
Which books discuss the four "facts" in depth? I'm really interested in their viewpoint on superhero comics.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:14 AM   #83
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Which books discuss the four "facts" in depth?
This is not cooking you can't find all the ingrediant written in one book. Just read them, they will give you perspective, then you will understand me.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:20 AM   #84
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
This is not cooking you can't find all the ingrediant written in one book. Just read them, they will give you perspective, then you will understand me.
Wait, wait, wait. All this time you're telling me the "facts" about artwork, but there isn't a book that actually outlines these "facts"? You're interpreting different works, by different writers, coming up with your own interpretations, putting together the parts you like in order to develop theories, and stating this as "fact"?
Old 11-09-2019, 01:22 AM   #85
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait. All this time you're telling me the "facts" about artwork, but there isn't a book that actually outlines these "facts"? You're interpreting different works, by different writers, coming up with your own interpretations, putting together the parts you like in order to develop theories, and stating this as "fact"?
They are not theories. You lack perspective, you don't understand... this is not science. I study this for four years and read many classics. Just go read those books rather then desperatly try to prove me wrong... lol Art is not that easy... you can't learn from just one book, what the art is.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:33 AM   #86
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
They are not theories. You lack perspective, you don't understand... this is not science. I study this for four years and read many classics. Just go read those books rather then deperatly try to prove me wrong... lol
LOL!!! The "just because" and "you don't understand" defense. That's quality right there, LOL!!!

I know many people who have four years of schooling on certain topics, and most of them realize it doesn't mean anything in the real world. I don't know if four years of school where you live is something special, but it hardly qualifies you as an apprentice here, let alone an expert.

It's nice that you feel so passionate about art and design and everything else. It's too bad you got so brainwashed in the process of learning, it's probably holding you back tremendously.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:38 AM   #87
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
LOL!!! The "just because" and "you don't understand" defense. That's quality right there, LOL!!!

I know many people who have four years of schooling on certain topics, and most of them realize it doesn't mean anything in the real world. I don't know if four years of school where you live is something special, but it hardly qualifies you as an apprentice here, let alone an expert.

It's nice that you feel so passionate about art and design and everything else. It's too bad you got so brainwashed in the process of learning, it's probably holding you back tremendously.
Oh please... you are just pissed off because your ''art'' collection is just not art... you thought you were in to some great art,that made you feel good about yourself lol but your ''art'' collection is just drawings... no art. Someone saying this piss you off, that's why you are here. lol
Old 11-09-2019, 01:44 AM   #88
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Oh please... you are just pissed off because your ''art'' collection is just not art... you thought you were in to some great art,that made you feel good about yourself lol but your ''art'' collection is just drawings... no art. Someone saying this piss you off, that's why you are here. lol
Yawn...now temper tantrums...boring....
Old 11-09-2019, 01:49 AM   #89
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

This just gets better and better.

Toss out a few classical playwrights and a novelist or two, none of which have ever said anything about different art forms and say if it doesn't meet that standard it isn't art. Because you know, there were no artistic movements past 1890.

Why not just toss out Goethe and Wilde and say, "HA! You can't do that."

I'm sure you can look at a Seurat and say "pfft, just a bunch of dots."
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:50 AM   #90
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Yawn...now temper tantrums...boring....
That's rich... I call you that you get angered and you are like no you are angred... lol