Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 06-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #371
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
did you manage to complete the set Alex23? any update on how you have these displayed?

I finally cracked and bought the set, I couldnt resist anymore, and im giddy as a school boy lol

I dont have them yet they need to arrive in the mail

but I got the normal 1-81 base set, the 82-90 epic purples (what a pain those were to track down) the holofoil, battle spectra, and canvas sets, that is good enough for me

I'll post some pics when I get everything

Not as of yet. I'm in the process of buying a house with my girlfriend, so I've placed pretty much all of my collecting on hold until that is finished. Then I'll be able to finally put together a true collection room. But when I get back to it, I plan to do the epic purples for the final base cards as well. Congrats on putting it together!!
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #372
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

house buying...i've been there, went through that in april 2015, bought a place by myself which was really tough. I've been there over 2 years now so things are settling down a bit which is the only reason I could get these cards

all in due time, im sure you'll be able to fill the gaps soon

the 3 chase sets just arrived in the mail, im just waiting on epic purple mephisto and venom to arrive then I'll have all the cards but they are coming from australia and are taking forever
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #373
SONICobra
Batman

please post some pics when you have them all together
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #374
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
please post some pics when you have them all together
you bet dude, once I have them all i'll post pics
Old 07-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #375
Spazzy
Hercules

Just got the last 4 purple high numbers I needed...so my set is now complete (with the exception of possibly two extra/missing Jusko paintings)....I can't believe how much this set cost...I was supposed to be taking a break from statues because of $ and this cost almost as much as 2 sideshow pfs lol
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #376
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Just got the last 4 purple high numbers I needed...so my set is now complete (with the exception of possibly two extra/missing Jusko paintings)....I can't believe how much this set cost...I was supposed to be taking a break from statues because of $ and this cost almost as much as 2 sideshow pfs lol
congrats!!

indeed this was an expensive set, but worth every penny I think. Card sets of this calibre come around only once every 20 or so years

the marvel premier card sets (2012 and 2014, and new set coming later this year) are a lot more limited (limited to 199 but they dont have the purple, what if, signature etc variants so they are actually limited to 199) and they have original art, they dont even go for as much overall, and they are in less demand, probably because the artwork isnt beautiful joe jusko painted art

typically the average new card set costs about what the going rate is for the new fleer spidey set if you want the chase cards and everything, which is pretty reasonable, considering that set has all new artwork as well
Old 07-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #377
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
congrats!!

indeed this was an expensive set, but worth every penny I think. Card sets of this calibre come around only once every 20 or so years

the marvel premier card sets (2012 and 2014, and new set coming later this year) are a lot more limited (limited to 199 but they dont have the purple, what if, signature etc variants so they are actually limited to 199) and they have original art, they dont even go for as much overall, and they are in less demand, probably because the artwork isnt beautiful joe jusko painted art

typically the average new card set costs about what the going rate is for the new fleer spidey set if you want the chase cards and everything, which is pretty reasonable, considering that set has all new artwork as well
I put the fleer 2017 spidey set up there with it....all the inserts from mm definitely makes it the top set though.

The art was ok with the premier sets....but not worth the cost...600 or so for like 60 cards...or something like that.

I dont mind a set like 16 mm or 17 spidey every year...but probably won't get much else...been completing the older sets mm..marvel universe ...spidey and xmen fleer...a handful of others
...the 1996 mm set though will be a tough pill to swallow.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:19 AM   #378
angarles
Frackin!

I have the 1996 Marvel Masterpieces full base set plus a few of the double impacts and a gold framed card. What are they roughly worth?
angarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:26 AM   #379
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by angarles View Post
I have the 1996 Marvel Masterpieces full base set plus a few of the double impacts and a gold framed card. What are they roughly worth?
A good amount...$500-$750 for base saw a double impact set sell around 550...the gallery set around 120
Old 07-05-2017, 12:50 AM   #380
angarles
Frackin!

Whoaaaa.
angarles is offline   Reply With Quote