Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #201
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Have you learned nothing from the responses to your previous posts?

At least you left out the underlines, caps and bold print.
Learn what ? That this is better cause we can buy it for 1/2 or 1/3 the price the original is selling ? It is rather obvious that the sculpt is "lost" in this variant. It is good that some guys are happy to be able to buy this, but we cant FOOL ourselves.

Is like stating that Deathstroke PFF would become a masterpiece if Sideshow gave a 50% discount. Nope. Never gonna happen.

We should be objective, guys. This hobby (cause i have many other hobbies associated with collecting) got destroyed by some "shady" practices and needs to re-invent itself. Honest reviews, honest critisism, honest reviewers, fewer "middlemen".

You cant buy the original Iron Studios 1/3 Batman ? Ok. No reason to BASH it when this variant comes up cause you can buy it for 1/2 or 1/3 of the money needed for the original now. In fact, the original is still the king between these 2. No reason to bash it or mock the owners of the original. I stated the facts and i own NONE of these 2 (original or the coming variant)
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:59 AM   #202
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I give up.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #203
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
No, never bought the original. I dont like the whole vibe...Too toy-ish for my taste. Why some guys think that when someone says that the older version is better, this guy must be bitter cause he is "losing money or value"? It is simple. The older one unveils the details of the sculpt, the new with the total black look and zero contrast with its cape is clearly inferior. It will obviously need a repaint (eg more money in order to customize it).

What comments ? Guys, there are many people who know what is REALLY going on "behind the scenes" in this hobby. Pushers, hypers, middlemen ( "i can get you that new grail statue from Asia with the excellent reviews, only for 200 d mark-up, dude. Send me a pm, pal. Its a bargain, it is a grail way better than Sideshows. I have a connection, dude."). The hobby is in its darkest times and forps is not to be accused.

Coming back to this variant, its ok for some people to love it cause they can have it for 1/3 the price of the original, but we cant FOOL ourselves that this is better. It isnt !!! So simple. No conspiracy theories.
I don't like the colour on the original. That's my opinion. It's as valid as yours. That's what you don't seem to understand. Your view is just one amongst many. And the more you push it on people, the less they'll want to hear it. Like Trump. He thinks his view is the only one that matters too. And look what people think of him.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:16 AM   #204
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I don't like the colour on the original. That's my opinion. It's as valid as yours. That's what you don't seem to understand. Your view is just one amongst many. And the more you push it on people, the less they'll want to hear it. Like Trump. He thinks his view is the only one that matters too. And look what people think of him.
I did not push my opinion or point of view. I wrote ONE post here and then some guys (some fanboys of a certain company who hate forps) came here to bash me. I wrote ONE (number ONE, numero UNO) post stating that i dont believe bashing the original Iron Studios Batman is right simply because collectors can now buy a variant for 1/2 or 1/3 of its price.

Learn to respect DIFFERENT opinions. I never, NEVER, made a complaint to a moderator to DELETE someone i disagree with. I never waste my time with people mocking me or other guys posting things. I only state my opinion, although i admit doing it rather POWERFUL. You can always press the ignore button to ignore me.

Moderators can say if ever i asked for someone to get banned or if i ever went to section of companies i dislike to bash them. There are at LEAST 10 guys going on Sideshow's section bashing her night and day, but nobody asks to delete their accounts. Learn to listen to different opinions, guys. Not to agree with them, but simply read them. And finally, you can press the ignore button if you dont like my opinion regarding this variant, i am not forcing anyone to read me.

So simple
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #205
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
If anyone else agrees that the toxic atmosphere on here is worsened by his presence, please appeal to the moderators to have him removed. I just want to visit these threads for product updates and informed, healthy debate, not be insulted.
The ones being toxic are the people who reply to Forps directly attacking him. From what I have seen across multiple threads is him giving his opinion although a unique opinion most of the time. He isn't insulting anyone directly and isn't calling people out. To me it seems the people who attack him for giving his opinion and insult Him are the ones being toxic that should be banned.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #206
Vader
Ghost

There are ways to say things and be respectful of others views. No one objects to forps sharing his opinions. Provided those opinions are expressed in a manner respectful of others. Not suggesting that people who don't share the same view are crazy.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #207
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
The ones being toxic are the people who reply to Forps directly attacking him. From what I have seen across multiple threads is him giving his opinion although a unique opinion most of the time. He isn't insulting anyone directly and isn't calling people out. To me it seems the people who attack him for giving his opinion and insult Him are the ones being toxic that should be banned.

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement. For me, the toxicity originated in this instance when Forps, as usual, posted his opinion in a patronising manner all the while needlessly dismissing other's opinions while proclaiming his own as a fact.

Quote:
No comparison between the original and this variant, guys. The total black suit and cape leads to the sculpt being hidden. It looks kind of bland. The orignal grey-blue IS still the way to go.

Nice statue, but the 1st edition is MILESSSS better than this one. Train your eyes to observe, not only see.

The only advantage ? The cheaper price of this variant.
Please read that quote. There is absolutely no need to patronise an individual and tell them to "train their eyes" because their opinion differs from your own. Creating an environment where people might feel less inclined to offer varying opinions/views because they don't want those opinions and views to be openly mocked and/or dismissed is indeed a toxic environment in my humble opinion.

Granted, I cant speak for others but I can say without hesitation that I typically refrain from posting in threads where Forps is present because quite frankly I don't want the headache of dealing with an individual so incapable of respecting the opinions of others while presenting his own. It's exhausting at the very least and sadly takes far too much of the enjoyment out of this forum. Of course, that's merely my two cents. Cheers
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #208
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
All members here know that forps is 100% objective. I receive no free statues from companies, i dont hype, i dont push, i dont sell statues to other guys here or in facebook groups ("i have a source, pal, i can get you the new grail from Asia only with a 200d mark-up, dude"), i am no fanboy (i bashed Sideshow for her atrocious Deathstroke PFF or her puny Darkseid PFF) and i even made fun of a product i bought, Jason LSB from ECC which is probably the goofiest LSB ever. I have no interest in the original blue and gray or the current one Batman from Iron Studios. Toooooo toy-ish for my tastes. Nevertheless, if you cant understand or observe what i am saying (that the total black suit and cape DESTROY the sculpt underneath and make this statue rather bland and uninteresting), then sorry but you should "train your eyes".

There is NO comparison between the original and the variant. This variant BEGS for a repaint in order to "unveil" the details of the costume and save the sculpt. Sorry guys, but "forps eye" is second to none. This new variant NEEDS a repaint as soon as someone receives it. The original is MILES, i repeat, MILES better.
Like this. Train you eyes?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #209
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

He may not call people out specifically. But he continually suggests that his opinion is the only one that is right. That's the problem.

And the comment that this hobby is in its "darkest times". Comical. It's statues, we're not trying to solve the worlds problems.

Prices are high. I just don't buy like I used to. I'm just not gonna spend 700-800$ for something that should cost no more than $400. Just my .08 cents.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #210
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
He may not call people out specifically. But he continually suggests that his opinion is the only one that is right. That's the problem.

And the comment that this hobby is in its "darkest times". Comical. It's statues, we're not trying to solve the worlds problems.

Prices are high. I just don't buy like I used to. I'm just not gonna spend 700-800$ for something that should cost no more than $400. Just my .08 cents.

Absolutely spot-on and exactly the sentiment that I will gladly echo. Well said.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote