Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #11
Luminous
Cyclops

This looks pretty impressive. Definitely interested.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #12
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
If they made a system that has the same power as ps4 and xbone and can get the same third party support then they would do much better as they have the best first party games imo.
I've been saying this for years. I feel their first party games are a big enough draw to gamers without trying to re-invent the wheel every time they put out a new console.

Ever since the Wii, their third party support has been disappointing because Nintendo relies on gimmicks over power. The third party developers just could not do their games justice on Nintendo's underpowered hardware.

I can appreciate what Nintendo is doing with the "Switch" for the "on the go" crowd, but the game library is what makes or breaks any console. I'm hoping they get it right this time.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
If they made a system that has the same power as ps4 and xbone and can get the same third party support then they would do much better as they have the best first party games imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I've been saying this for years. I feel their first party games are a big enough draw to gamers without trying to re-invent the wheel every time they put out a new console.

Ever since the Wii, their third party support has been disappointing because Nintendo relies on gimmicks over power. The third party developers just could not do their games justice on Nintendo's underpowered hardware.

I can appreciate what Nintendo is doing with the "Switch" for the "on the go" crowd, but the game library is what makes or breaks any console. I'm hoping they get it right this time.
List of Third Party Game Producers who have pledge support to the Nintendo Switch
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:30 PM   #14
Valkyrie

Some of those names are developer tools, not game producers. Still, it does show a promising show of support so far.

I had to laugh at Konami. Do they even make games anymore since Kojima left?
Old 10-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #15
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Some of those names are developer tools, not game producers. Still, it does show a promising show of support so far.

I had to laugh at Konami. Do they even make games anymore since Kojima left?
Honestly, I don't think I've bought Konami game since the mid-90's

EDIT: Wait! I take that Back, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, which was pretty good.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #16
Valkyrie

Yeah, I liked Lords of Shadow. Heard not so good things about the sequel.

I was really ticked at Konami for cancelling the latest Silent Hill game and forcing Kojima out after MGS V was complete. Last i heard, they were focusing on mobile games...
Old 10-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #17
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Yeah, I liked Lords of Shadow. Heard not so good things about the sequel.

I was really ticked at Konami for cancelling the latest Silent Hill game and forcing Kojima out after MGS V was complete. Last i heard, they were focusing on mobile games...
Yeah, the Silent Hill thing was stupid, but I heard the creator of that game was Doing it under another title as an indie game, so Their loss.

Funny thing about the Sequel to Lords of Shadow, I never got to play it. I heard, as you probably did, the controls were worse than the first game, which was one of the few gripes I had with it.

So I was going to wait for it price drop and then pick it up but by the time it had price dropped I was already packing up my Xbox 360 for the Xbox One, so I never touched it.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #18
Valkyrie

As a matter of fact, I do remember reading about the indie game somewhere. Will be cool to have it still see the light of day.

I originally played Lords of Shadow on the PS3 but I ended up picking up both games for super cheap on Steam a while back for the hell of it. I just haven't gotten around to playing the sequel yet.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #19
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:

Not true. Third party support has been awful, starting with N64. Only NES and SNES were successful in that regard, unless you want to count the gimmicky Wii, with it's tons of shovelware. And we probably should, because it actually was their only really successful console outside of the first two.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #20
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Not true. Third party support has been awful, starting with N64. Only NES and SNES were successful in that regard, unless you want to count the gimmicky Wii, with it's tons of shovelware. And we probably should, because it actually was their only really successful console outside of the first two.
The reason Third Party Support was not there for the N64 was because of Nintendo's resistance to the move to Discs. Remember 1996 Sega had moved to disc the previous year, Playstation just came out the year before also and PC had been Discs for a while.

All Third party support was going to different media and Nintendo refused to move with it.