Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-23-2021, 12:02 AM   #771
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJ0kerXx View Post
hi guys, i've been meaning to ask regarding to the sale that P1 is having right now with triple reward points. i've heard somewhere that some of these statues are returns from previous owner because an item might've broken or needed replacement and P1 fixes them and resells them as new? i'm not sure if that is true or not, but would love some clarification!! i'm very much interested in both arkham knights and SS harley statues
I can only speak of my own experience, but I received a brand new, perfect Arkham Harley.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:13 AM   #772
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
hi guys, i've been meaning to ask regarding to the sale that P1 is having right now with triple reward points. i've heard somewhere that some of these statues are returns from previous owner because an item might've broken or needed replacement and P1 fixes them and resells them as new? i'm not sure if that is true or not, but would love some clarification!! i'm very much interested in both arkham knights and SS harley statues
Thinking about it logically, why would it matter? If they take a (worst case) broken statue, and repair it to such a level that it is (effectively) brand new, then what's the problem?

If they send you a statue that has cracks with glue showing (Sideshow) or mismatched paints (Sideshow) or the box is all nasty and abused (Sideshow)......then send it back, get a refund and show them the middle finger..... (Sideshow)
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:21 AM   #773
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Thinking about it logically, why would it matter? If they take a (worst case) broken statue, and repair it to such a level that it is (effectively) brand new, then what's the problem?
You wouldn't pay the new price for a well-repaired accident car, would you?
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:15 AM   #774
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I did buy their Suicide Squad Harley Quinn recently with the 30% off and it was definitely someone's return.

One of the bars did arrive broken but I doubt they shipped it broken. It was a clean break and I was able to glue it back perfectly.

This is just my opinion but I think they may have mixed and matched. I received the base of one # and the body of another which still works.

I'm still disappointed that the piece wasn't new, it's always nice to get that new fresh paint smell when opening the box of a 1000$ product.

Since she is now displayed without issues, I didn't even bother emailing them about it but they should write a note on their site that the statue although has no issues, it is still a used piece and an extra discount should be applied to it.

30% holiday sales shouldn't mean a used piece, it should simply mean its a promotion / sale because they are trying to clear whatever is collecting dust in their warehouse.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:06 AM   #775
xXJ0kerXx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post
I did buy their Suicide Squad Harley Quinn recently with the 30% off and it was definitely someone's return.

One of the bars did arrive broken but I doubt they shipped it broken. It was a clean break and I was able to glue it back perfectly.

This is just my opinion but I think they may have mixed and matched. I received the base of one # and the body of another which still works.

I'm still disappointed that the piece wasn't new, it's always nice to get that new fresh paint smell when opening the box of a 1000$ product.

Since she is now displayed without issues, I didn't even bother emailing them about it but they should write a note on their site that the statue although has no issues, it is still a used piece and an extra discount should be applied to it.

30% holiday sales shouldn't mean a used piece, it should simply mean its a promotion / sale because they are trying to clear whatever is collecting dust in their warehouse.
yeah that was sort of the concern i have because if i'm buying from their website specifically, i'd hope to get a fresh one as well rather than having a used one. its not a total deal breaker but it would definitely be nice and i would say there should be statues from their website that are labeled as refurbished rather than misleading customers that theyre buying something brand new from the factory.
xXJ0kerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:36 AM   #776
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Quote:
yeah that was sort of the concern i have because if i'm buying from their website specifically, i'd hope to get a fresh one as well rather than having a used one. its not a total deal breaker but it would definitely be nice and i would say there should be statues from their website that are labeled as refurbished rather than misleading customers that theyre buying something brand new from the factory.
I just received a Harley from P1 directly and she is
Farm fresh
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #777
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:

If they send you a statue that has cracks with glue showing (Sideshow) or mismatched paints (Sideshow) or the box is all nasty and abused (Sideshow)......then send it back, get a refund and show them the middle finger..... (Sideshow)
That'd be the way I'd approach it.
I received a statue once (not Prime 1) that had glue showing at a seam. I don't know if it was a repair or a factory defect. I exchanged it but, assuming it was a repair, if the glue had not have been visible I would've been oblivious and more than happy with what I received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I think that's a fair point. Though if it's like Silas says and any previous issue is imperceptible and brought back to the equivalent of new, you probably wouldn't really know it was an 'accident car'. Maybe that makes it more of an ethical question. Also, I'm not entirely sure it's fair to compare complex machinery with a static piece of plastic/stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post

To me, that's a bit different if you're sent the (I'm assuming) good halves of two returns (as opposed to a repair). I wouldn't have a problem with that. If you return an online purchase for refund or exchange, that original item is just going back into inventory for the next buyer.

I know many collectors would disagree, but I'm not sure I would consider a statue 'used' if it was merely opened, inspected and then immediately returned. However, for the sake of transparency, there may be merit in suggesting such items are noted as returns and that they've been inspected and verified as being 'as new'. Whether that warrants a discount will more likely depend on the demand for the statue.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #778
Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
I think that's a fair point. Though if it's like Silas says and any previous issue is imperceptible and brought back to the equivalent of new, you probably wouldn't really know it was an 'accident car'. Maybe that makes it more of an ethical question. Also, I'm not entirely sure it's fair to compare complex machinery with a static piece of plastic/stone.
I bought an accident-free car from a dealer that was two years old. A few months later, during an inspection by my workshop, a well-repaired damage to the body was found. The workshop employee said that because of that I paid a good 2000 euros too much. It's just damage.

If I buy a new statue and put the money for a new statue on the table, then I want a new statue.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:42 AM   #779
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I understand your point, but your example does not present a fair comparison.

I'm not going to speak about how a car is more complex than a statue, because complexity is irrelevant.

However, the use of the product here is what is critical. In your example of the damaged car, it's not just the damage we need to consider, we must also consider that it was probably driven, and therefore sub components would have been subject to wear and tear even if they were not damaged during the accident. In this way, paying brand new prices would be absurd.

A statue, even if it was returned after "use", would likely be as good as new - of course taking into account the reason for the return. As a used statue has done nothing but sit on a shelf. There is literally no logical reason for a statue to "devalue".

Let's imagine a statue that hasn't been sold to a customer, guess what, it's being used in exactly the same way, just it is sitting on a shelf in a warehouse rather than someone's room.

So in my opinion, a returned (and suitably) repaired statue is of no lesser value than a non pre owned piece.

Caveat: I would not apply this logic to actual toys....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:54 AM   #780
Asgard

Quote:
I understand your point, but your example does not present a fair comparison.
Right

Ok, the car was damaged by the manufacturer. The sheet metal damage was troweled and repainted

Quote:
So in my opinion, a returned (and suitably) repaired statue is of no lesser value than a non pre owned piece.
I understand your point but I'm a bit headstrong on the subject.