Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #31
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
As far as i know, no one took Batman serious before Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Everyone was like NANANANANANANANA BATMAN !!! and laughing, Adam West Batman was the most well known Batman, but Miller came and wrote The Dark Knight Returns & Year One and gave Batman his balls back. Nerds started to respect Batman again as a grim and gritty hero. So loving Batman is loving Miller, it goes hand to hand, you can't have one without the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Untrue. Go back and read Dennis O’Neil and Neal Adams’ Batman. Miller is credited with returning Batman to the dark figure Neal Adams developed, and Finger/aka e before that.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #32
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Untrue. Go back and read Dennis O’Neil and Neal Adams’ Batman. Miller is credited with returning Batman to the dark figure Neal Adams developed, and Finger/Kane before that.

Besides, my point is that after DKR/Year One Miller jumper the shark. Loving Batman may mean loving Miller’s work on DKR/Year One, but not necessarily anything he’s done since.
I read some of Neal Adams Batman, i have Neal Adam HCs... but i haven't read all of it ofcourse. I painfuly went through the first one... Batman and Superman were playing wheel of fortune while robin and jimmy olsen were stalking them... I was like what the hell just i read, and dropped it. May be i should have just endured and go on, may be 3rd HC was dark... But i don't think it's as imperesive as The Dark Knight Returns or Year One. If you don't like The Dark Knight Returns and Year One, you are no Batman fan. (this is to you Gothamite) Today every new comer's first three stories are TDKR, Year One and Killing Joke and those are cream de la cream of Batman. No new comer goes for Dennis O'Neil stuff. I don't even hear his name anymore (except in here from you, WKTF) Sorry but even if i haven't read them yet, i don't think O'Neil stories are as good as Millers when the stuation is like this.

PS. Superman Year One Issue # 1 is 8 dolars + tax.... :O WTF... I don't pay that much for a single issue... So i didn't get it... Even if I really like Frank Miller. That price is crazy, almost a TPB price for a single issue... :O I may have have got it, if i don't have to pay 100$ as tax for my 4 action figures order... But... That tax just kills the budget, these taxes are killing me... I pay 100$ tax for just 4 1:12 action figures... T_T
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #33
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
May be i should have just endured and go on
Stick at it. After some shaky beginnings which were simply how things were being done at the time, O'Neil did definitely bring back the darker Batman Miller built on. He's a BIG name in the character's lore.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:36 AM   #34
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I think Snyders Batman beats Millers all the way around, and saying I have to love Miller to love Batman is just ridiculous, honestly I found Millers Batman really dragged.

Oh and I also love Loeb and Sales.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #35
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walls View Post
I think Snyders Batman beats Millers all the way around, and saying I have to love Miller to love Batman is just ridiculous, honestly I found Millers Batman really dragged.

Oh and I also love Loeb and Sales.
You just read what you want to read out of what wrote. I said a person who was a Batman fan must like Year One and The Dark Knight Returns, not all of Miller's work on Batman. I know it's dragged but that doesn't make Year One and TDKR anything less.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:48 PM   #36
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
You just read what you want to read out of what wrote. I said a person who was a Batman fan must like Year One and The Dark Knight Returns, not all of Miller's work on Batman. I know it's dragged but that doesn't make Year One and TDKR anything less.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:58 PM   #37
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Cık cık cık... That's animal crualty young lady and you know that.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #38
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
No you literally just said it again, “a person who was a Batman fan must like Year One and The Dark Knight Returns”. So I didn’t read what I only want to read I read what you wrote. Lmao.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #39
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Cık cık cık... That's animal crualty young lady and you know that.
Your posts are crimes against humanity.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #40
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Your posts are crimes against humanity.
You know what, biggest loves start with hate. Wanna make out or something ?