Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-24-2019, 01:37 AM   #271
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
I’m new to this hobby, but can you explain what you mean by this? Do you mean the statues are copied? Have you any examples of statues this has happened to?

I agree about Nedry and the Jeep! The Jeep would be an excellent addition to the Explorer, hopefully that’ll happen. I’d love the gates but when you watch the Explorers passing through in the film the gate is absolutely massive, haha. Would probably end up being over a meter tall in 1:10 scale. It would need real flames too of course
Once they’re done producing, the molds show up other places, they’re used to make more and are sold as the same product generally, but by another company cashing in on it. The prices are lower, but so is the quality. That’s my understanding anyway.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #272
tupuxuara
Frackin!

Hello dear collectors. Who received the set A, please put as many pictures without flash, because so far I have seen pictures from a single collector and the pictures are very bad I can not conclude if the painting is good or bad. a video on Youtube and some pictures in natural light at high resolution, would be great. I think or is this T-rex is more brown than the version on the rock that is much darker green?
tupuxuara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #273
No1
The Avengers

The part I´m worry about is the kids on the car, I know they almost don´t appear, but exactly because of this, I think they made it in low quality, look at this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	125437

They said the original would be improved, but here we see the opost, the paint is terrible, look how bad is the blood on the face, compared to the original, Lex´s face is really bad painted, like a toy, this paint is primary, like a rushed job... the original look like blood, the dirty look good too, but this one, look like some war painting on the face, it's really really bad..... and the eyes and mouth of her...

It´s sad, with such a big Diorama, I really fear for the small details...

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:41 AM   #274
Shoo
The Enchantress

I'm fine with the paint on the kids. I'm much more worried about the Chroniclesque polka dots on Rexy:

Hopefully it's just a thing of the flash.

Those spots are much more subdued on the Prime 1:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #275
No1
The Avengers

Prime 1´s Rexy alone is better, but it´s a boring pose, kind of a museum concept, and a small scale...

I like the dinamic and the history of IS, but for me all the details must be very well made, the kids are very important, there´s 5 characters here, Rexy, Ian, Grant, Lex and Tin, you have a very good painting on Rexy, a good one in the adults, and a terrible one in the kids, that make the Diorama very inconsistent....

If I just care about Rexy I would go with Prime 1.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:00 PM   #276
tupuxuara
Frackin!

Thanks for the picture. But again, the picture is done with the flash(((((((((((((. People, those who have received this diorama, why you do not like to take pictures and put as many as possible ???... especially since many have asked for acceptable pictures of good quality (without flash). It would be ok and a video!
Old 08-29-2019, 04:04 PM   #277
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
I love it! If they start doing statues from The Lost World too, I'm ruined!
Ditto to that!
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:46 AM   #278
tupuxuara
Frackin!

More pictures please with Set A �� Thank you��
Old 09-27-2019, 01:45 AM   #279
karauak
Fantastic Four

New photo on instagram #ironstudios
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:25 AM   #280
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The wait is killing me. Really hoping we get some decent quality photos from someone soon.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote