Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #501
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo2002b View Post
hahha i bet you rented a room just for all your statues, you seem like a OG in this game (statues), you get any hot statues that comes out .
LOL tbh, I don't get all statues that come out, but I try to get ones that either I have a connection to or am a fan of a particular artist's work. And whether or not I can afford them at the time and/or can get them. I've been a huge fan of Darkchylde since Randy Queen debut her. Same with Witchblade/Fathom/Soulfire from Michael Turner. Also a big fan of Luis Royo's artwork and have gotten most of the statues of that line, though I've only gotten them in PVC as opposed to resin.

I wish I had a room specifically for statues too, but alas I don't. I just wish I had the funds to get some of their original artwork/prints.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:08 AM   #502
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
LOL tbh, I don't get all statues that come out, but I try to get ones that either I have a connection to or am a fan of a particular artist's work. And whether or not I can afford them at the time and/or can get them. I've been a huge fan of Darkchylde since Randy Queen debut her. Same with Witchblade/Fathom/Soulfire from Michael Turner. Also a big fan of Luis Royo's artwork and have gotten most of the statues of that line, though I've only gotten them in PVC as opposed to resin.

I wish I had a room specifically for statues too, but alas I don't. I just wish I had the funds to get some of their original artwork/prints.
Reason why i said that is because i see you on every forum i go to so im like damn this guy must buy everything that is coming out hahha plus you know their info.

hey thanks for telling me about Luis Royo, OMG im gonna try to get the black tinkbell resin hahhah shes fire woooooooooooo thanks for telling me, i love the art its weird in a way but so fire. shes like a bad ass soulfire (GRACE) hahha.

did you ordered both versions of ariel, bet you did hahha.
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #503
Victra
Justice League

Too amazing....TOO TOO AMAZING
Victra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #504
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo2002b View Post
Reason why i said that is because i see you on every forum i go to so im like damn this guy must buy everything that is coming out hahha plus you know their info.

hey thanks for telling me about Luis Royo, OMG im gonna try to get the black tinkbell resin hahhah shes fire woooooooooooo thanks for telling me, i love the art its weird in a way but so fire. shes like a bad ass soulfire (GRACE) hahha.

did you ordered both versions of ariel, bet you did hahha.
LOL Yep I did, flex pay will be my downfall. Tis the only reason I went that route. Unfortunately there are some other statues I wouldn't mind having but I've got to limit my purchases. Plus I'm trying to stop somewhat lol.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #505
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
LOL Yep I did, flex pay will be my downfall. Tis the only reason I went that route. Unfortunately there are some other statues I wouldn't mind having but I've got to limit my purchases. Plus I'm trying to stop somewhat lol.
Try to stop some what hahhaa all talk its not easy to stop since you started but yea i cant wait for Ariel to ship to my door steps next month hhahah if im correct i think RANDY Q said that the first 10 to post up the pics of their Ariel would get a free sketch
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #506
iceprince_x
Deadman

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Darkchylde-S...item2a1b68e1c7

whoa!

any early takers of this beauty?
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #507
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Ooh very nice shots and love the money shot, but damn they copied Barbie's featureless anatomy. :-P
Old 03-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #508
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

cracks are th hair......that sux

i love the wing
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #509
Randy Queen
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Ooh very nice shots and love the money shot, but damn they copied Barbie's featureless anatomy. :-P
That's not the kind of art piece this is.

The dress trails attach with magnets to address your expressed concerns over breakage in that area. Pretty brilliant the way she is engineered actually.

Otherwise you'd never see that area, as originally planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUILTY GEAR View Post
cracks are th hair......that sux
Not cracks... * a * tiny crack above the left eyebrow which has been repaired. Put some paint over it and you'd never notice. You don't even see it when the piece is displayed.

Case in point - Pic was posted, and no one noticed. It's a tiny flaw, but in the interest of full disclosure we include this information.

Additionally, the value of the original ink illustration of Ariel that is included is the same as the reserve, so it's a pretty awesome set. Like buying a nice, original drawing, and getting a factory sample of the character as a bonus. Where can you beat that?
Randy Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #510
Y3E
Gen 13

Randy, thanks for the pics. I've been on the fence regarding DC and these pics convinced me to get the reg. Ordered! The red dress is very, very nice. Much better than the black dress. I like how the red dress flows into the base. Nice touch.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote