Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #1
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Red face Anyone here read Japanese? Need some help.

For some context I have purchased a Sagat 1/4 on EBay and the item description doesn't state much other than the item is used.

For some reason I did not see the last few pictures which showed this :

I'm worried that it is a damaged piece, that sign that they put there is giving me stress. What is it? Why would they put that there?

From the pictures it seemed like it is a solid piece. But the tear in the box and the sign that they put there gives me concerns.

I tried asking them directly but they are Japanese and don't speak English. I also got no replies. Item description on EBay also very vague.

Please if anyone can tell me what that sign means?
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
Adon

I'm hoping it just reads "head is here!" :-) but somehow I doubt it.

I don't mind the tear in the box, just hope its a solid piece.

Thanks guys ! *fingers crossed*
Old 06-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Japanese alphabet consist of a bunch of symbol each representing a set of letters, you would need to associate each symbol with said letters and use a translator?. This symbol actually consist of many symbols embedded into it, forming a word.. You have to dissociate the symbol and read it from the vertical top to down and horizontal from right to left.
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #4
100 Hand Slap
Kindly Asked To Leave

This piece is not original and has been completely re-painted you are aware of that correct?

Also the snarling head which is what makes the EX the better piece is not showing in the box?
100 Hand Slap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
Adon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoniste View Post
Japanese alphabet consist of a bunch of symbol each representing a set of letters, you would need to associate each symbol with said letters and use a translator?. This symbol actually consist of many symbols embedded into it, forming a word.. You have to dissociate the symbol and read it from the vertical top to down and horizontal from right to left.
Agoniste, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm a dinosaur with learning languages. I don't even know how to google it on my keyboard. Hoping someone could decipher it or maybe if any hot Japanese girl who loves street fighter is on this forum. She could be my hero. I promise this is not a pick up line to lure Japanese women.........or is it ??
Old 06-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 Hand Slap View Post
This piece is not original and has been completely re-painted you are aware of that correct?

Also the snarling head which is what makes the EX the better piece is not showing in the box?
My 1st thoughts included 'oh my god, is that skin supposed to look that glossy?'
Why re-paint something glossy?
Maybe it is 100% fake. A re-cast with a glossy coat of paint
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
Adon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 Hand Slap View Post

Dude thanks a million for your observation.

Yes it is a repainted piece by some unknown Japanese painter. He did a fine job though so I don't mind that it doesn't look exactly like the original, it is about 50 percent lower than the going market rate for Sagats.

Also I can live without the angry face. The calm face is what I need. Thanks for noticing that. Yes it is an EX and it doesn't show the second head. They don't hand it. Maybe that is what the note is saying ????
Old 06-30-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
Adon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
My 1st thoughts included 'oh my god, is that skin supposed to look that glossy?'
Why re-paint something glossy?
Maybe it is 100% fake. A re-cast with a glossy coat of paint
Thanks for your input.

It's definitely not a fake. It has a certificate of authenticity from Jerry. I will post more pictures.

It has been customized. Maybe some previous customers had some custom work done on it. The glossy look is fantastic from the pictures. Let me post it. If it is a fake , I will be pissed. But it can't be. It has the original box. The seller based in Japan also has like a 99 percent rating on eBay.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
For some context I have purchased a Sagat 1/4 on EBay and the item description doesn't state much other than the item is used.

For some reason I did not see the last few pictures which showed this :

I'm worried that it is a damaged piece, that sign that they put there is giving me stress. What is it? Why would they put that there?

From the pictures it seemed like it is a solid piece. But the tear in the box and the sign that they put there gives me concerns.

I tried asking them directly but they are Japanese and don't speak English. I also got no replies. Item description on EBay also very vague.

Please if anyone can tell me what that sign means?
It says 'head'

I used http://www.newocr.com/ to translate the image.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #10
Adon

More pics...