Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-21-2019, 11:52 PM   #11
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Marvel went out of their way back then to create diverse characters later. I think it unnecessary to keep flipping race or sexes for evening things out when there are plenty of existing characters to use that go back many decades as well that deserve a shot and serve that purpose way way waaaaay better.... Black Panther and Captain Marvel both proved you don't need to flip anybody, were monster hits. As was Snipe's Blade, which I personally consider the start of the MCU even it it's not on paper.

Give them a chance and they won't disappoint. There is no need to leverage off other characters to portray better all of humanity.

Flipping means we are cheated of those characters getting their chance.
It's arguable that flipping actually accomplishes the opposite of it's intent.
Right on point. The characters that made us all love Marvel growing up were of both genders and many different races. Make those movies and people will watch them. Then there is no need for swapping.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:10 AM   #12
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I would like to see a MCU version of Doom and see how the FF intertwined with the other franchises.

Having these Goliath villains like Doom and Magneto aligned in the same cinematic universe is a trip.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #13
Gruson
Suicide Squad

LGuessing we see more news on it next year at SDCC. I really really really hope they cast it true to comics.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #14
SONICobra
Batman

this and blade were the highlights of the new announcements, im really curious how they will handle thing
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #15
statman
Baron Zemo

This is GREAT news! I've been jonesing for a GOOD FF movie forever. I hope Marvel/Disney does the characters justice.

As far as the Thing goes, I'm sure he'll be CGI. Hopefully a lot better realized than the last version we got. Ugh!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #16
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I really hope Marvel does this property right, they have a big task after Fox tarnished the name of fantastic four (I didnt hate FF1&2, but the last attempt was vomit inducing)
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #17
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think FF will be done just fine. They will leave the core group as they were/are in the comics. Surfer could be cast with any actor and perhaps that is where Disney will diversify the cast. Namor could be Polynesian, Asian, or Hispanic and nobody would bat an eye.

Regardless of casting, as long as Sue is done justice as the kickass character she is, I will have little issue. Doom is high up to have to be done correctly too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #18
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think FF will be done just fine. They will leave the core group as they were/are in the comics. Surfer could be cast with any actor and perhaps that is where Disney will diversify the cast. Namor could be Polynesian, Asian, or Hispanic and nobody would bat an eye.

Regardless of casting, as long as Sue is done justice as the kickass character she is, I will have little issue. Doom is high up to have to be done correctly too.
Doom is my favorite MCU villain. I can't wait for this.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #19
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Agreed on both counts. They were the worst parts about FF1 & 2. Jessica Alba wasn't very good as Sue and the guy playing Doom just came off as a spoiled rich guy, rather than a diabolical genius dictator.

There was nothing good about Fant-4-stic 4.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:01 PM   #20
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I always thought Charlize Theron would be a great Sue, she's got that unmistakable presence that Sue always had in the comics
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote