Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-25-2020, 10:46 PM   #4011
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Thanks AD. I really love it. You, Ghostdeathknight and one gentlemen on the Court of the Dead Facebook page are possibly the 3 biggest court fans I've seen. I have the approval of you and the guy on FB, so that means I wasnt outta my mind in my choice. I wouldnt have cared, but I slightly feared true court fans would have thought I desecrated the lore or something lol.
Thanks my friend, the thing I like about the COTD is that there really are no rules, I see your re paint and I imagine Shard as a different character almost, which is cool, and I do love this line, but I wish Tom was more active with updates on it, maybe some are coming soon
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:48 PM   #4012
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Haha!

Looking at your Shard repaint more makes me wish PCS had gone hard in on the D&D license and we got that 1/4th Drizzt that was bound to happen...
There is certainly a market for a smaller studio to pick up some licensed D&D characters. Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulfgar, Raistlin, other Dragonlance characters, Elminister. Its too much of a risk for Prime 1 or Sideshow, but a smaller studio could maybe do them in waves of 75 to 100 and get some traction.

A guy did a custom Drizzt, but it turned out pretty uninspired for my tastes. I hope for those that get it, it turns out well. But I dont have high hopes.

What we need is HBO or Netflix or someone to do an animated series (non anime) of one of these story lines so the general public gets made aware. Then we are talking possible profit.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:50 PM   #4013
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Thanks my friend, the thing I like about the COTD is that there really are no rules, I see your re paint and I imagine Shard as a different character almost, which is cool, and I do love this line, but I wish Tom was more active with updates on it, maybe some are coming soon
Yeah, its kind of slowed down. If they just stop after Shieve, I'm honestly happy. They've went further than I ever thought they would after the initial introduction of these characters in 2013. I'm sure COIVD hasnt helped matters at all. There are plenty more characters already designed art wise to draw from. Just gotta sculpt them.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:00 PM   #4014
Atlantisatdawn

I agree, if they stop I would be disappointed, but am happy with what I have from this line, and there are other cool things out there, also I do give them a break for the last few months, I'm sure it's hard to plan things out with so much uncertainty going on, hopeful things get better as the year goes along
Old 05-26-2020, 07:15 AM   #4015
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

IF they go by the Chronicle then there is so much of the world and characters they haven't touched on and with the story moving towards taking on Heaven & Hell i'd imagine and hope we'll be seeing the next chapter in lore and statues soon.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:35 AM   #4016
SONICobra
Batman

man this looks sweet as hell, good stuff brother

Quote:
Anytime!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:04 AM   #4017
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Shard

Quote:
Wanted to post some pics of a repaint I had done. I know this wont be everyone's cup of tea but here goes.

I'm a huge fantasy and DnD lore fan, and the CoTD scream Dungeons and Dragons to me. Liches and Deathknights etc. etc. But in that, you need adventurers to combat them in the imagination of a display. While there are some pieces out there fitting for this (Red Sonja, King Llane, Ajani from MtG) some I have to get creative with. Some of you may remember me having a Skaar repainted to be a berserk barbarian warrior. Well here is round two. Ever since the OG shard was released, her demeanor always screamed Drow Elf to me. With so many available, it was an easy decision to customize one, since I could still get a hold of a retail one with ease if I wanted the OG. So I commissioned the great John Alred to paint her as a half drow half human. So a blueish skin tone opposed to pure ebony. Also, purple tones on the leather of her armor to enforce the drow heritage. Finally, had her curved blade painted to show it being consumed by darkness, with drops of starfall in it. Got the idea from a sword I read about in a forgotten realms book. Anyhow, sorry so long, hope you enjoy. These pictures arent taken by me, but the final product and photographed by the Mr. Alred. I think he knocked it out of the park.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shard 1 (1).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	130639

Wow , this really came out awesome!!
Nicely done Thor57 great visual work
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:23 PM   #4018
Atlantisatdawn

After the apple now we are getting candles, ok those are nice extras, but come on Court Crew give us a sneak peek of something better, how about a Angel a Demon or Exraile, Wightshiv or Kaylahkyll premium format
Old 05-28-2020, 08:42 PM   #4019
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
After the apple now we are getting candles, ok those are nice extras, but come on Court Crew give us a sneak peek of something better, how about a Angel a Demon or Exraile, Wightshiv or Kaylahkyll premium format

Atlantisatdawn,

Candles ? Can you give any more details ? Are they prop replicas like the Apples ?

Curious to see them.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #4020
AC_808
Hercules

Here you go

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote