Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #351
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Great pics and awesome display, westley! Paint came out great on the face.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:24 AM   #352
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In comparison to the other two WW models, the sculpt looks a lot higher quality, with more refined and more realistic joints, clothing folds etc. The face & features are a lot more attractive too.

And this was one I had, 'til now, thought to be one of Yamato's less good models. Revised my opinion quite a lot today. Thanks for the pics. Shows a 'less good' Yamato is still considerably nicer than many others.

Regards,

Richard
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:46 AM   #353
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
I finally received my PVC Wonder Woman. It turned out really well. It give you a lot of different display options with a removable skirt, the sword and shield fit in the base like the original as well as the ability to put he lasso in her hand.

Thanks for the info. None of the sites I've seen show or even mention the possibility of multiple display options. This statue is on my wishlist now.

I personally find the recent WW statues with shields very annoying. They hide a lot of the view. Plus, they seem redundant for someone who's already invulnerable AND has magic bracelets.

The lasso option means I can get it
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #354
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post

Thanks for the info. None of the sites I've seen show or even mention the possibility of multiple display options. This statue is on my wishlist now.

I personally find the recent WW statues with shields very annoying. They hide a lot of the view. Plus, they seem redundant for someone who's already invulnerable AND has magic bracelets.

The lasso option means I can get it
Her skin is tough as she can be thrown through blocks walls and not get a scratch on her but her skin is not bulletproof, although she does heal really quickly... I do agree about the shield and sword, it seems since the new movies every statue has them... even though in comics books and animated shows, 99% of the time she doesn't have them.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #355
Lavario007
The Spirit

This came out beautifully. I received mine last week and hadn't got around to unboxing her. The removable skirt Is a nice surprise.
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:22 AM   #356
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Her skin is tough as she can be thrown through blocks walls and not get a scratch on her but her skin is not bulletproof, although she does heal really quickly... I do agree about the shield and sword, it seems since the new movies every statue has them... even though in comics books and animated shows, 99% of the time she doesn't have them.
Her rebirth costume is heavily inspired by the DCEU version. Sadly, she does lug a shield around now. Maybe that's where the statues got it from. I don't mind the sword, but the shield just looks silly.

Interesting point about her not being bulletproof. I didn't realize that. I've remember her taking Superman's punches without trouble, so I assumed she was almost invulnerable. Some quick research tells me that the consensus among comic-readers is that she's vulnerable to things that "cut or pierce".

The shield is silly, regardless. She went 70-odd years without needing one.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #357
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
I finally received my PVC Wonder Woman. It turned out really well. It give you a lot of different display options with a removable skirt, the sword and shield fit in the base like the original as well as the ability to put he lasso in her hand.

Looks great and like the options when it comes to the skirt. Hopefully will get this myself soon.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:36 PM   #358
starsapphire
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

got her today, will be doing a video unboxing and review as well as a comparison with the polystone version
starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #359
Sarn
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Some pics of mine. Happy with her, but that lasso....the mold must be slightly off on mine because it just does not want to stay attached.

After seeing other's pics I was a little worried about the face not looking as good as the promo photos but it's quite attractive. Thumbs up on the quality.

Sarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:45 PM   #360
Augen
The Hulk

Great pics, glad to see others getting theirs as gives me hope on my own.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote