Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-26-2018, 12:11 PM   #31
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I didn’t care for IW...I thought it was, dare I say, boring? I usually love Marvel movies too but just wasn’t into IW...Aquman was so much better IMO.
Blasphemy! It was brilliant, and also happened to include some of the best dramatic writing/acting in any superhero movies since the Batman trilogy or maybe the old Superman films where Lois dies.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #32
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Aquaman was a fun movie. It was entertaining and I would watch it again, but it's not a very good movie if that makes sense. For example, I can be entertained by certain Michael Bay movies like Armageddon, Bad Boys 1 & 2, etc. but I know they are not good movies. Aquaman is like that to me.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #33
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

IMO aquaman is not a good movie, the acting wasn’t very good, the costuming was so so, especially the woman’s suits. The writing and the dialogue were horrible. The cgi backgrounds were horrible, what makes the movie any fun to watch is the camera work by James wan and the action scenes and the special effects in those scenes as well as the visual effects for Atlantis and the Animals. BvS and justice league were painful for me and this movie was so stupid but I enjoyed it more than all the other DC movies except Wonder Woman.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:11 PM   #34
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
IMO aquaman is not a good movie, the acting wasn’t very good, the costuming was so so, especially the woman’s suits. The writing and the dialogue were horrible. The cgi backgrounds were horrible, what makes the movie any fun to watch is the camera work by James wan and the action scenes and the special effects in those scenes as well as the visual effects for Atlantis and the Animals. BvS and justice league were painful for me and this movie was so stupid but I enjoyed it more than all the other DC movies except Wonder Woman.
I was fine with Queen Atlanta's outfit, but Mera's as we've all seen in the trailers and promotional shots were almost exactly as how she's been portrayed in the comics, of which I'm not totally sure worked for me except for when she was fighting. I'm like any guy I love certain shots, but it almost seemed to be trying too hard, and for whatever reasons I may have preferred a more conservative and stylised outfit.

And I really liked the costuming/CGI on all the various 5 races. And no matter how I feel about how Manta's suit came to be, I thought it looked almost perfect. And while Aquaman comic based suit was what it was, I don't know how they could have done better, and the only shot of it that I didn't really appreciate was at the very end where they did that last scene pose crap for the camera, but that could be the scene and not the costume.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:43 PM   #35
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

DC makes their movies dark and gritty (for adults), people complain. DC makes their movies more happy like Marvel (for children), people complain.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #36
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
DC makes their movies dark and gritty (for adults), people complain. DC makes their movies more happy like Marvel (for children), people complain.
I don't think any of the recent posts even mentioned the perceived tones of the movie? Heck I think the cheese factor was used as an excuse/reason that was more or less accepted.

Script writing, direction, acting, art direction, CGI, and the costumes aren't specifically related to the tone of films, but are probably influenced in some manner. I've personally never prescribed to the dark/bright tones in being a deciding factor in movies that I like. If it works, it works and I leave it at that.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:13 PM   #37
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I am fine with either if done well. I liked Dark Knight and Wonder Woman. I didn't like Batman and Robin and Suicide Squad.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:27 AM   #38
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Aquaman was a fun movie. It was entertaining and I would watch it again, but it's not a very good movie if that makes sense. For example, I can be entertained by certain Michael Bay movies like Armageddon, Bad Boys 1 & 2, etc. but I know they are not good movies. Aquaman is like that to me.
I don't agree that bad boys 2 isn't a good movie. I believe it's quite fantastic!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:57 AM   #39
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Going to see Aquaman again. I heard about the easter eggs. Need to look out for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I am fine with either if done well. I liked Dark Knight and Wonder Woman. I didn't like Batman and Robin and Suicide Squad.
B&R had a few good lines sprinkled throughout it and Arnie could have been great as Mr. Freeze. It's a shame that 95% of the movie was so silly. Too many annoying moms complained about Batman Returns being too dark, so we got two campy films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I don't agree that bad boys 2 isn't a good movie. I believe it's quite fantastic!
BB2 was the coolest when it came out. So was the Rock. Bay should go back to making movies like that.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:57 AM   #40
doomsdayd
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Exactly lol. This whole MCU things has made these people become sheep. MCU is not the precedent of how a comic-book movie should be made. There is no formula.

Aquaman is everything a N52 fan should be. It is campy, sure, but it is self-aware of it's usage of comic-book dialogue. No one was complaining of how god-awful the costumes were in Thor Ragnorok and that terrible third act in Black Panther.
doomsdayd is offline   Reply With Quote