Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-19-2018, 11:38 PM   #321
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATthemes View Post
Well, talking about recasts (fake models)... CC also used a source from the Netherlands who also is known for making money with selling recasts he used to mold for profit. Few are on the way of being released by CC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post

Source

And here again the elegant, natural looking animal i remember.

The Chronicle piece is going to be 2K for alot of us.. now they said they think it's perfect so ok, we can move on, but at least don't be mad at who only tried to improve an obviously lacking product.
You people are pathetic. The neck is fine. You are attacking this product with vitriol like it’s the most hideous thing you’ve ever seen. And Vick? Nice job on the model. I could never create what you have created. Honestly, great work. It looks really good, but the holier than thou attitude has to go. Allow me to point out the mistakes on your model compared to the movie:

Your angle is off. The front leg isn’t far enough forward, closer to covering the view of the arms. The calves are too thin. The mouth isn’t opened wide enough, nor is the head turned far enough towards the camera. Also, she’s a tad too skinny as a whole.

THIS is an obviously lacking product, no wonder no one is taking your ideas.

I hate to be so blunt, but everyone who is attacking this piece needs to hear it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it! I’m not saying you can’t explain your thoughts on why you don’t like it, but you all act as if this thing is a mangled animal carcass trying to be sold to us. It’s gorgeous! Is it “perfect”? I guess it’s not because the NECK is apparently a little more realistically shaped. Oh DARN!

One final note, because I know someone is going to assume I’m a troll or someone who thinks Chronicle can do no wrong: I’m neither. Chronicle has had some fantastic pieces; I own two. They’ve also had some flops, most of which is due to overly complicated paint jobs that Toynami simply can’t handle -most recently the Owen with Blue statue, where Blue looks like she sneezed into some pepper. The sharpie strikes again on that statue and that’s unfortunate because the sculpt is pretty awesome. My advice to Chronicle is to dump the freckled skin look and try something else because Toynami can’t handle it and people are getting fed up with it.

THAT BEING SAID: this piece is absolutely gorgeous! If I could afford it, I’d buy it immediately! Is it dumb to wait for the competitor’s rotunda? No. That’s smart, and I encourage people to make the best choice with similar options. Just do yourselves a favor and knock off the pretentious attitudes like you could do better. I promise you you can’t or you’d be in this business instead of calling plays from the sidelines.

Chronicle, Paul, Robert, whoever reads this: keep up the good work, just tell your artists to cool it with the freckles and you’ll be fine. Oh, AND THE NECK LOOKS FINE!!
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 AM   #322
VickPS
Blue Falcon

I haven't made that model.
Just found it on IG and thought was a perfect response to your previous rant. I also disagree with every "mistake" you pointed out, but whatever.

If we're pathetic for trying to improve a product though, what do you think that hysterical and pointless post is going to make you look like?
Remember with same money of this piece you could buy something like 3X bigger, far more complex, in translucent resin and, on the shipped product, better painted than CC prototypes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=extn7g9N3CI&t=1s

So forgive me if i would feel like an utter imbecile with spending the money CC is asking for their rex without being in love with it and knowing that the same Croc company will reveal their Rotunda next month.

You're free to enjoy this piece, it's perfectly fine, alot of people do and since Chronicle said they're not going to improve the piece you wouldn't even read further posts about it if you didn't constantly call for them.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:08 AM   #323
Kefka2200

Haha my bad! Someone credited it to you. Anyway, like I said, I completely understand waiting to see all the products before choosing one. That’s smart. I would never tell anyone to just buy it if they had issues with it. Also, I am not calling for these posts. Plenty of people are whining about things on this sculpt and they’re unfounded -and that’s well before I had anything to say, so... I’m sorry, but that argument had no basis in reality. I’m ok with looking hysterical in my previous post because it needed to be said. People are way too critical.

You can disagree with everything I pointed out on the white model all you want, but the picture it’s paired with is vastly different. My point is you guys are never going to get a screenshot of the scene turned into a 3 dimensional piece. It’s just not going to happen, yet you all nitpick a statue that’s beautiful, not only in sculpt, but size.

Be constructive. Comment on things you like, dislike, but don’t let such a small thing ruin everyone’s day about a statue. Even if I had the money, the neck (if I agreed with you) wouldn’t keep me from buying it. Collectors need to be smart, but also realize they can’t let such a small detail just ruin everything for them because they’ll never be happy.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:31 AM   #324
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Haha my bad! Someone credited it to you. Anyway, like I said, I completely understand waiting to see all the products before choosing one. That’s smart. I would never tell anyone to just buy it if they had issues with it. Also, I am not calling for these posts. Plenty of people are whining about things on this sculpt and they’re unfounded -and that’s well before I had anything to say, so... I’m sorry, but that argument had no basis in reality. I’m ok with looking hysterical in my previous post because it needed to be said. People are way too critical.

You can disagree with everything I pointed out on the white model all you want, but the picture it’s paired with is vastly different. My point is you guys are never going to get a screenshot of the scene turned into a 3 dimensional piece. It’s just not going to happen, yet you all nitpick a statue that’s beautiful, not only in sculpt, but size.

Be constructive. Comment on things you like, dislike, but don’t let such a small thing ruin everyone’s day about a statue. Even if I had the money, the neck (if I agreed with you) wouldn’t keep me from buying it. Collectors need to be smart, but also realize they can’t let such a small detail just ruin everything for them because they’ll never be happy.
I think that people can be as critical as they like when considering the price of these pieces. You might think people are judging too harshly but for 2K I'd expect a flawless product!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #325
Kefka2200

I’m fully aware of the price, and I do agree it should be perfect. How is this not, though? It’s nitpick stuff at best.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #326
Ninner

Quote:
I’m fully aware of the price, and I do agree it should be perfect. How is this not, though? It’s nitpick stuff at best.
Well with other companies now presenting stiff competition, people are able to nitpick and choose their preference.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #327
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Regardless of a person's reason for buying or not buying the piece, they are entitled to their opinion. Personally, I think the piece looks nice and though I would prefer the pose be tweaked like many others, I am not discussing it as much because I have no intention of pre-ordering it- I want to see it in hand since CC has had QC issues on some recent pieces, and QC issues on an expensive piece like this would be unacceptable to me.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #328
Kefka2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Well with other companies now presenting stiff competition, people are able to nitpick and choose their preference.
Absolutely agree and that’s what I encourage. But I think the overall neck issue is a nitpick issue. It has nothing to do with which piece is better, CC or P1, it would have to do simply with personal preference and as a super fan, I don’t think tearing it apart is right. It looks awesome and just because it doesn’t have a rubber neck doesn’t mean it’s bad
Old 12-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #329
Ninner

Quote:
Absolutely agree and that’s what I encourage. But I think the overall neck issue is a nitpick issue. It has nothing to do with which piece is better, CC or P1, it would have to do simply with personal preference and as a super fan, I don’t think tearing it apart is right. It looks awesome and just because it doesn’t have a rubber neck doesn’t mean it’s bad
I agree with you. I actually think it’s CC’s best JP piece and if I had the money and the space, I’d be tempted to order it myself. It’s their track record with JP paint jobs that puts me off more. But other people have issues with the neck. When P1 revealed their T.rex, some people complained about the nutral position and the addition of the electric fence (since it resembled IS’s diorama). And some people complained about the IS T.rex for various reasons too. It’s not just CC’s stuff that gets criticism. None of these statues are bad though!
Old 12-20-2018, 03:07 PM   #330
Kefka2200

Yeah CC has had some major paint issues. I’m not impressed with Owen and Blue. I have two CC products and I’m thoroughly impressed with them, so they’ve earned my respect and faith. I have a few more things on order with them and they’re fairly large, so I’m confident they’ll look amazing. Until they fix the sharpie problems I’ll probably stay away from smaller statues.