Old 09-20-2017, 12:06 AM   #1561
Vendetta
The X-Men

Is either visible when on the statue?
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:09 AM   #1562
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Those are very minor, I personally wouldn't bother getting replacements.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:11 AM   #1563
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Is either visible when on the statue?
barely. The chip can be seen if you're looking slightly from the top down.
I'm not going to sweat it. It's a portrait I'll probably never use and it's minor enough to touch up with a dot of paint and it will be all set.

I wish they made the grinning portrait from the bust for this statue. That's the one I really want to display on the statue. I might have to find someone who is willing to sell that portrait and have it repainted so I can use it.

VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:32 AM   #1564
pokritz17
Hydra

i have absolutely no space left, but i have to keep both sets of hands out...the swapouts are just too awesome on this piece
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #1565
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post

I did find some flaws upon further inspection, There is a chip on his undamaged angry portrait and the rifle arm has some brown paint spillage. Pretty minute but still a sore knowing they're there. Should I raise a stink out of it and ask for replacements?

Absolutely. Especially the chip. If it matters to you that's enough.
QC won't change unless we fuss.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:54 PM   #1566
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
I did find some flaws upon further inspection, There is a chip on his undamaged angry portrait and the rifle arm has some brown paint spillage. Pretty minute but still a sore knowing they're there. Should I raise a stink out of it and ask for replacements?
That sucks! I dunno how they're handling replacements for their P1 stuff, but I'd definitely at least ask.

Anyways, this statue is friggin' gorgeous!!! Closest thing to proto quality I've seen in a very long time - maybe ever. So happy with this this. The presence it exudes is powerful and undeniable. Super badass. Congrats to all!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #1567
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

This statue is so awesome. I find myself constantly staring at it in amazement. Without a doubt this is one of the best 1/3 scale Batman from Dark Knight Returns that has released in 2017.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #1568
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
This statue is so awesome. I find myself constantly staring at it in amazement. Without a doubt this is one of the best 1/3 scale Batman from Dark Knight Returns that has released in 2017.
easily top 3
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #1569
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Interesting that the regular edition does not seem to have any supply issues and readily available. Maybe collectors getting this guy in hand will drive the demand as I know it is driving my interest. Keep sharing those reviews guys and appreciated!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #1570
gearhead
The Herculoids

Just set up #243. Wow. This guy is amazing! I've seen so many pics of him that I actually wasn't super excited before I opened him up, I thought I already knew what he was like. Wrong! This thing has a presence that's hard to describe, it's truly a work of art.

Though I love the story in DKR, I've never particularly liked the art style in it. I don't care for the hulking, beastly, almost fat look that Batman has in some of the art. But somehow, this statue takes that idea and brings it to life in a ridiculously good way. He looks big, and solid, and not at all fat. He looks like he has, and will clean anyone's clock who stands in his way!

I dare you guys to try this: Get about six inches from his face and just look at him (get your cheater glasses out if your like me). I swear when I do that he looks like he's gonna move any second! It's kind of erie really. The realism on this statue is off the charts!
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote