Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #521
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I've only heard IS Spidey had a lot of issues but don't follow this company too much but my final flex is Nov 5 and if there are a lot of issues I am cancelling.
Spiderman was a bad one.
Iron Studios had Captain America (Winter Soldier) and also Iron Man MK43 and both are true masterpiece.

And before that, they had Iron Man MK42 and this one was a perfect scuplt, but a bad paint (bad tone).

But more recently, they had many Avengers from Civil War and they all are homeruns.
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:03 AM   #522
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It varies but we literally saw nothing of this piece despite one screen shot at Sideshow from what I recall. Nothing at the Cons or anywhere else.

Yeah, I'm sat here with an itchy trigger finger, doubly so now I'll be receiving a refund for the plastic Predator. I want this thing, but I've been burned too many times in this hobby now to just dive in. Some production images, or a video even would be great. Especially as many potential customers like myself, really don't know what to expect from IS quality wise.

UK shipping is $104.14.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #523
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
The Mythos Vader is totally awesome
if you are talking about the sideshow mythos line vader, the paint is absolutely terrible, i cant stand looking at that horror and got rid of it. It's as if vader ate a truck load of cheetos then wiped his hands all over the cape. For 1/5, attakus v1 completely blows it away, even the v2 is a lot better.

For 1/4, high hopes for IS. The sideshow versions are not bad, especially the first version's pose. But the IS just looks to be leagues above, will reserve final judgement when i have it in my grubby little hands.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #524
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, I'm sat here with an itchy trigger finger, doubly so now I'll be receiving a refund for the plastic Predator. I want this thing, but I've been burned too many times in this hobby now to just dive in. Some production images, or a video even would be great. Especially as many potential customers like myself, really don't know what to expect from IS quality wise.

UK shipping is $104.14.
I own 18 iron studio statues and i can say they produce the highest quality movie statues in the market hands down. This is my favorite company right now. I have this vadar on preorder and will make a video on him when i get him on halloween.
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #525
dao2
Cyclops

it was on one of those SS live videos
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #526
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
it was on one of those SS live videos
Starts at 50:45
https://youtu.be/-7liJKNIjDY
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #527
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
I own 18 iron studio statues and i can say they produce the highest quality movie statues in the market hands down. This is my favorite company right now. I have this vadar on preorder and will make a video on him when i get him on halloween.

That's good to hear at least! I didn't even realise they had made so many statues..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #528
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
That's good to hear at least! I didn't even realise they had made so many statues..
8 1/4

and i have the avengers 1/6 diorama, the hulkbuster vs hulk, 3 from AOU diorama
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #529
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum18 View Post
Spiderman was a bad one.
Iron Studios had Captain America (Winter Soldier) and also Iron Man MK43 and both are true masterpiece.

And before that, they had Iron Man MK42 and this one was a perfect scuplt, but a bad paint (bad tone).

But more recently, they had many Avengers from Civil War and they all are homeruns.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #530
Femto
Frackin!

Unfortunately I had to cancel my order today. The more I looked at the piece, the more plastic-y it looked. Plus I hate not seeing a production piece close to release. I'll leave it up to those who will receive it to determine if its a great piece or not.
Femto is offline   Reply With Quote