Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #181
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
^^^ I'd bet lots of folks don't register their pieces, so the data may not be complete. Most of XMs B & C tier characters can be had on eBay at or below retail. Just check out She Hulk, hawkeye, dr strange, medusa etc. even XM Hulk can be found for a good price.

Iron studios and Prime 1 recognized the market demand in the US and have made distribution deals with Sideshow. XM may choose to do so in time. Otherwise they'll start moving to lower edition sizes like "made to order" on B and C level characters LMAO!!
Yes, and how much more impressive it is that a Singapore based statue manufacturer grew to its current heights WITHOUT the help from SS. In fact, if it were not for an unnamed big statue / collectible company, XM would be MUCH more popular and prominent than they are even today. And let's face it, the most important reason is that they have some licenses they can not ship to worldwide. Exorbitant shipping costs is one of the main reasons you hear why many collectors have not purchased an XM statue...not that I can blame them. You can't miss what you don't know.

There's lots many don't know about what's truly going on in the statue industry. Let's just say I keep my ear close to the ground.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #182
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes, and how much more impressive it is that a Singapore based statue manufacturer grew to its current heights WITHOUT the help from SS. In fact, if it were not for an unnamed big statue / collectible company, XM would be MUCH more popular and prominent than they are even today. And let's face it, the most important reason is that they have some licenses they can not ship to worldwide. Exorbitant shipping costs is one of the main reasons you hear why many collectors have not purchased an XM statue...not that I can blame them. You can't miss what you don't know.

There's lots many don't know about what's truly going on in the statue industry. Let's just say I keep my ear close to the ground.
yup, agree with that statement. I've got 4 XM pieces and a few more on PO, you can't beat some of their pieces when it comes to sculpt, pose and quality. Looking forward to getting my Weapon X this fall, that will be a killer piece IMO.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:38 PM   #183
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
So glad they're including the open mouth Portrait!
yup, looks better with that head sculpt but still not great. I'll keep this on my radar, maybe someone will do a custom head sculpt for this like on Punisher.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #184
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...censing-x-men/

If you scroll down a little bit in the above article, you'll see some of the forbidden stuff that Marvel won't allow including Nazi-related material. One of the things not allowed is "Anything that resembles the red & white arm Nazi armband". Makes sense now why XM had to change the armband from red to black.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #185
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Very nice article DPMaster. It's so sad to see this list: "Apocalypse, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue ..." since those are some very beloved X-Men.

Rogue, I get. I don't understand Gambit and Nightcrawler. There is no doubt who created them or where they debuted.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #186
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Looks like 500 is the MTO ES

FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #187
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Still on the fence with this one....he does look fantastic.....question is do I need another RS....damn damn it's a tough call.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #188
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Still on the fence with this one....he does look fantastic.....question is do I need another RS....damn damn it's a tough call.
There won't be a better one made.
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #189
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
if you need help Doom let me know
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:51 PM   #190
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thanks guys!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote