Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #1731
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Photos are being shot now and I will post them to Facebook QC has begun. I will not edit the photos in any way, but they are being shot under 4K lights in our work studio. Should be they way you would normally see one without crazy lighting and shot on an iPhone 6+.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #1732
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Photos are being shot now and I will post them to Facebook QC has begun. I will not edit the photos in any way, but they are being shot under 4K lights in our work studio. Should be they way you would normally see one without crazy lighting and shot on an iPhone 6+.

Paul
As always Paul, Thanks!
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #1733
Doge
Doh!

Quote:
Well I guess I don't see what people are seeing other than the pictures posted aren't that great. These seem to match 330 which I was happy with and each one is a little different.

Limited to 1000 pieces.

So far we have had zero chargebacks. I guess that could change as Heather invoices people for shipping.

Toynami made these 100% and I am very happy with what we are seeing. I'd like to see if we can get edition numbers for the pieces that have been posted...

Paul

my statue is the 679th, i'm from Italy by the way.
Doge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #1734
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Again, a nice looking emblem. I know this whole thing is about the Rex statue and not an emblem, but this has consistently looked nice and it's kind of uncommon for the usage of a logo to add to a piece instead of just be there, or in the way. I really like the way they handled this often under-utilized part of a statue as a whole.
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #1735
Choopie
Birdman

Yes, the logo adds a touch of class to the piece. Very nicely done.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #1736
pacino
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Well I guess I don't see what people are seeing other than the pictures posted aren't that great. These seem to match 330 which I was happy with and each one is a little different.

Limited to 1000 pieces.

So far we have had zero chargebacks. I guess that could change as Heather invoices people for shipping.

Toynami made these 100% and I am very happy with what we are seeing. I'd like to see if we can get edition numbers for the pieces that have been posted...

Paul
Looking forward to receiving mine
pacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #1737
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Don't forget the fact that the base is the shape of Isla Nublar from the movie! Such a winner design!
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #1738
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm one of the mods over at JP Toys on FB, Rob Miranda. I don't have a horse in the race because I personally have pre-ordered the Stegosaurus and the Female Rex bust and plan on Pre-ordering a bunch more as they are announced. I support Chronicle and love the fact that they are putting so much care into the License to actually listen to what we as customers want. For example, not planning on making a Dilophosaurus product, and now planning 2 because of the popularity. Its wonderful and something JP collectors have never had. Now on to the more serious stuff......

Paul and Jennie(two of the other mods in question, i believe there are 4 or 5 of us) are diehard fans. While I don't always agree with them as in most cases in the real world, they have a right to an opinion as much as everyone else.

I'd like to point out that Paul( From JPToys) really has nothing to do with the message and has only stated, "if this is the paint job, people will be wanting refunds." Paul is a passionate replica prop maker like many others and has only create digital files of JP buildings, vehicles, or goggles and paper props, and has never offered the non paper props for sale besides some kick ass wheels for the Toy Jeep from the first movie and some replica employee badges from JW. He himself has told me I would never want a company to lose money, especially in this scale. So please don't lump Paul and Jennie together. We are all different people from our spouses.

Jennie and a lot of the members on JPtoys feel the way they feel(from what I gather reading their posts),because for many, (especially since we're not Star Wars and aren't flooded with product year in and year out) every product released should be special. If we're shown a prototype and are assured 85-90 percent of the prototypes artists paint job is to be replicated and the head(which is the most important part of any dinosaur, in my opinion,lol) looks subpar, its going to send off alarm bells. Especially since SS did the same black dots on their version of a Rex that was mostly disliked.

This is her most recent post......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307...1968269491496/

My opinion on the Breakout Rex is that the sculpt, base, and paint from the neck back are pretty damn good, and as Paul from CC said, probably the best JP themed product ever created. From the pics I've seen, the head is troublesome, but I wont have a real opinion until shots of the CC QC'd pieces are in. I just know if I didnt already have 2 items on pre-order, I would have added this to my collection as well.
yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #1739
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Everyone has told me since the Endo's were shipping that I should stop posting to the boards and stop worrying about what people think. At the end of the day we did well with the Endo so it wasn't as bad as I was imagining by readying posts and seeing pictures.

Same with the Conan and the Breakout. The pieces we are seeing match 330 and close to the counter sample.

I don't know these people at JP Toys, someone told me they bootleg JP products so i have no clue as to who they are or what they are doing. I could care less. What I take exception with is that we have rude customer service or threaten people.

Ridiculous claims and not founded on anything. We take care of everyone and it doesn't matter if you pay through our site or through paypal, we will offer a refund if asked.

Heather is one of the nicest people and she does a very tough job and if anything our customers can be rude and demanding. It's a thankless job.

I still think the Rex is the best JP product produced to date and I think they are looking close to the paint master.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #1740
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetrex View Post
I'm one of the mods over at JP Toys on FB, Rob Miranda. I don't have a horse in the race because I personally have pre-ordered the Stegosaurus and the Female Rex bust and plan on Pre-ordering a bunch more as they are announced. I support Chronicle and love the fact that they are putting so much care into the License to actually listen to what we as customers want. For example, not planning on making a Dilophosaurus product, and now planning 2 because of the popularity. Its wonderful and something JP collectors have never had. Now on to the more serious stuff......

Paul and Jennie(two of the other mods in question, i believe there are 4 or 5 of us) are diehard fans. While I don't always agree with them as in most cases in the real world, they have a right to an opinion as much as everyone else.

I'd like to point out that Paul( From JPToys) really has nothing to do with the message and has only stated, "if this is the paint job, people will be wanting refunds." Paul is a passionate replica prop maker like many others and has only create digital files of JP buildings, vehicles, or goggles and paper props, and has never offered the non paper props for sale besides some kick ass wheels for the Toy Jeep from the first movie and some replica employee badges from JW. He himself has told me I would never want a company to lose money, especially in this scale. So please don't lump Paul and Jennie together. We are all different people from our spouses.

Jennie and a lot of the members on JPtoys feel the way they feel(from what I gather reading their posts),because for many, (especially since we're not Star Wars and aren't flooded with product year in and year out) every product released should be special. If we're shown a prototype and are assured 85-90 percent of the prototypes artists paint job is to be replicated and the head(which is the most important part of any dinosaur, in my opinion,lol) looks subpar, its going to send off alarm bells. Especially since SS did the same black dots on their version of a Rex that was mostly disliked.

This is her most recent post......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1307...1968269491496/

My opinion on the Breakout Rex is that the sculpt, base, and paint from the neck back are pretty damn good, and as Paul from CC said, probably the best JP themed product ever created. From the pics I've seen, the head is troublesome, but I wont have a real opinion until shots of the CC QC'd pieces are in. I just know if I didnt already have 2 items on pre-order, I would have added this to my collection as well.
I wouldn't categorize the comments, claims or attitude of two of the FB JP Toys admin (Paul and Jennie, both of whom Chronicle blocked from their FB page with good reason) as being civil or professional. In fact, as a supporter of Chronicle who has shared many of their updates on the JP Toys page I was repeatedly harassed by both of them and asked on several occasions whether I was an employee of Chronicle (which I'm not) because I was sharing my enthusiasm for their JP products, they both have made negative (and baseless) claims about Chronicle's business practices and have made condescending remarks about fans who support Chronicle's work and due to their behavior that group developed a very vitriolic tone towards Chronicle's JP products.

At the end of the day it will be Chronicle's work that speaks for itself, if these pieces meet or exceed expectations they will continue to sell well and lead to more JP pieces from Chronicle, a few people in a FB group with an ax to grind are not going to change that.

Chris
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote